WORST gift your SO could get you for Christmas?

Options
1235»

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    X, after I specifically told him "even though you think I will like it, please do not get me X".

Do you have a bad trip taking X? Did he see you take it before or why he thought you like X?
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    A dead cat would bt the worst....but not a commonly gifted item.

The universe gave me one of these one year. Nothing worse than burying the family pet Christmas morning.

I feel your pain. We spent last christmas at the vets trying to save our dog whose kidneys failed during the night. Nothing like telling your 9 year old he has to wait to open gifts until we get home and then tell him we couldn't save her.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My best friends hubby gives terrible gifts. For Mother's Day she got a weed trimmer and a lawn mower for her birthday.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Necklace.. Not really a fan of those.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    He wasn't kidding, I really DO love this!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Not a Christmas gift but my husbands parents told us they were sending us on a cruise for our honeymoon, leaving New Orleans, going to Hawaii and places like that. Totally awesome since my hubby and I haven't really been very far away from Kansas/Missouri area that we live. So right after the wedding (at the courthouse) his mom gives me and envelope, in the card is written, "All the money you guys owe us is wiped clean. Congratulations!"

That would have been something, if we hadn't already paid them back.

That's phenomenally mean spirited.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I got a punch bowl. Two Christmases in a row. One the first year my ex and I were married. The other the second year we were married. Then a few years after that, he got me a juicer. I'm lazy. I get my juice in the frozen juice section. (And this was years ago, when I wasn't thinking about healthy stuff).
  • health1971
    Options
    Herpes.

Haven't gotten it, but you're asking for worst case...

LMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WHY AREN'T YOU ON MY FL???
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    for me a gift is a gift .... it can be a blank piece of paper .... but if it is given to me with love i ll appreciate it as much as anything else .... cause for me the gift is not about the thing its about the love behind it
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    When i was 9 i got a shower head,
    The old one was broken, it wasn't even a fancy one, just cheap plastic.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    A Christmas sweater.

A-Florida-Christmas.jpg

Seriously... where can I get this? My wife would LOVE it. Not even kidding.

I totally love this sweater!!!! Not kidding! (Your wife has great taste! lol)
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    This »

Box-of-Chocolates.jpg

I might eat them .. .. .. all!!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Boxes of chocolate or cleaning supplies.

Or a Kindle, because he insists I get one and I dont like them, I would rather books
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Once my ex-husband bought me a used iPod shuffle ($30 at the time, 1st generation white pack of gum looking thing & it was all scratched up and dirty) in early November to replace my broken iPod and come Christmas he reminded me of that purchase and stated that had been my present and I shouldn't have expected anything else. :noway:
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yankees tickets. Because **** the yankees.

If someone gave you those Yankees tickets again, you can give them to me :laugh:

I don't have a significant other but in a similar situation, of tickets I did not want for Christmas was when a friend gave me Islanders tickets. I HATE the islanders, and the islanders were playing the devils, and I hate them too.

The second worst gift was a gift card to the Olive Garden. I HATE the Olive Garden. I love Italian food but not Fake Italian food from the Olive Garden. This is the SAME friend who gave me the Islander tickets... I think she hates me.