Thoughts on Lingerie

Options

Replies

• samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Maybe there is more to her not wanting lingerie than she is letting on... I love lingerie now that I love my figure but before I would probably feel akward getting it from a bf and feel pressured. Lingerie is sexy but it requires some confidence imo ;)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I have given up buying my wife lingerie. I have gotten her various outfits and she just doesn't wear any. It's not like I buy anything out of the "ordinary" either (nothing.... complicated). She just thinks that now that she is a mother, she shouldn't wear anything like that.

Kinda frustrating.

Pull it out of the drawer and lay it on the bed. When she asks what it is, say "a hopeful hint".

Maybe hand it to her?
    lol... If it was only that easy. I think it would just get shoved back into the drawer without a word.

Wrong.
    Steal ( and hide) all her non sexy underwear. She can go commando, wear yours or the sexy stuff.

Not that i see the point in lingerie, my so would rather see me nakid...

Now this might be brilliant. :happy:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I love sexy underthings, that is really the only kind I wear, but not so much sleep wear, because it tends to be frilly and uncomfortable. There are some really sexy play wear for men and women so it would be my preference if he were to buy something for me to wear, he could also surprise me with something sexy for him to wear also.
  • TheZaxian
    TheZaxian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    I think it really depends on the situation!
    Times when the gift is one 'for her':
    - She owns no lingerie, but mentions that she'd never got round to buying some and might like to try it.
    - She owns some/lots of lingerie, wears it and apparently likes it and/or expresses an interest in having more!

Times when the gift is really 'for him':
    - She owns no lingerie. Topic comes up in conversation, she expresses that she's not keen. He buys her some anyway.
    - She owns none/owns some but never wears it. He expresses that he'd think she'd look sexy/find her attractive in it (possibly repeatedly). She is noncomittal, and still never buys/wears it. He then buys her some.
    - She owns some lingerie, wears it occasionally but mostly for his benefit. He buys her more.
    - She owns some lingerie of a particular style and likes it, he goes and buys her some of a completely different style, perhaps knowing she doesn't like it but he does.

Basically it comes down to common sense: as a man, if the reason you're buying it is soley because you want to see her in it/find it hot, and NOT because you geniunely think she'll like it, then it's a gift for you, not for her!
    How 'acceptable' that is depends on the situation - if you're buying it as a present out of the blue (rather than for her birthday or something) then it's less of an issue if it's just 'for him', although you need to be careful that you don't come over as looking like you're saying 'I only think you're sexy if you wear this' or even coming over as the more demanding 'Go and put this on now because I want to see you in it'.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I hate that- my BF is a very 'relaxed' dresser- and I tend to not be- I really wish he would get down with dressing more snappy- I don't understand how he is comfortable wearing ill fitting sloppy clothing.

Maybe this might help, but the turning point for me was buying a very nice suit fully tailored to me. From then on, boom, it was on. ALL of my wardrobe got better.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    - She owns no lingerie, but mentions that she'd never got round to buying some and might like to try it.
    - She owns some/lots of lingerie, wears it and apparently likes it and/or expresses an interest in having more!

- She owns no lingerie. Topic comes up in conversation, she expresses that she's not keen. He buys her some anyway.
    - She owns none/owns some but never wears it. He expresses that he'd think she'd look sexy/find her attractive in it (possibly repeatedly). She is noncomittal, and still never buys/wears it. He then buys her some.
    - She owns some lingerie, wears it occasionally but mostly for his benefit. He buys her more.
    - She owns some lingerie of a particular style and likes it, he goes and buys her some of a completely different style, perhaps knowing she doesn't like it but he does.

Basically it comes down to common sense: as a man, if the reason you're buying it is soley because you want to see her in it/find it hot, and NOT because you geniunely think she'll like it, then it's a gift for you, not for her!
    How 'acceptable' that is depends on the situation - if you're buying it as a present out of the blue (rather than for her birthday or something) then it's less of an issue if it's just 'for him', although you need to be careful that you don't come over as looking like you're saying 'I only think you're sexy if you wear this' or even coming over as the more demanding 'Go and put this on now because I want to see you in it'.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    - She owns some/lots of lingerie, wears it and apparently likes it and/or expresses an interest in having more

Most of the time I'm naked, or wearing a boy's shirt that smells like him.
    The lingerie is for me.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

I hate that- my BF is a very 'relaxed' dresser- and I tend to not be- I really wish he would get down with dressing more snappy- I don't understand how he is comfortable wearing ill fitting sloppy clothing.

I leave the nice clothes dressing to my wife, I have no fashion sense....
    So if she wants me to look nice, she will buy me the clothes, and I will wear them......of course all the compliments I get on clothing, are all for things she bought me. :laugh: :laugh:

Left up to me, I am jeans and t-shirt. :wink:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options

By that rationale your friend wouldn't want diamonds either. Those aren't for her, they are to show off to others. Maybe he should just buy her a loufa or a fling cabinet, things that are practical.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    dbmata Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,139December 6, 2013 7:02 am Hmm, those inch sizes don't help me much if I'm going to do this discreetly.

Is a cami that has DTF printed on it a little too obvious?

Honestly, a DTF Statement Cami depending on how you roll and play with your woman mightn't be abrasive, for you to comfortably consider personalising it as you've suggested here, but JIC I would recommend you soften it with another gift. *Knowing how open you both are with each other, you'll know best how well this will be received*

Below are suggestions using 2 neutral and conservative cami-sets, to aid you further.

2ljqhxe.jpg

ETA: Realised I wasn't clear enough. You may opt for the personalised statement to be located in like areas as shown via the circle above. You know your woman's shape and which locations would best accentuate her body. If she's a medium and you've seen that she is, then just go with it. Good luck dbmata.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    he should of bought granny panties. what? he is just going to rip them off anyway.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I love lingerie! The only awkward thing is if your partner buys it in the wrong size lol

A male friend of mine bought his wife the wrong size on purpose. When she'd pointed out the error, he stated that he did not buy the lingerie in error ~ it was purchased for her to motivate herself to get back to her former self, before their two children. He wanted his Elite Model(Euro Elite Model Board) back ~ his arm candy wife. He did not lie ~ she is/was his trophy wife. He is disturbingly frank about it.

I hope something like this isn't the case for the OP's friend. It worked for my friend's wife ~ she poured Olive oil on the cake she'd just baked and mixed it with the cat littler to not eat it. She is/was a binge/purger.
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    I'd love it if my guy bought me lingerie. Apparently he was looking for a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader outfit for me while he was working in Texas... I can't stand cheerleaders but hell, as long as it's me turning him on and not someone else, I'd rock that :)
  • rpsetser
    Options

To me this is a win/win. Yes it makes your man find you sexy...but doesn't that in turn make you feel sexy. And what is the ONE thing that all women want...everybody together now...TO FEEL SEXY! just my humble opinion
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Lingerie is an appropriate choice for Valentine's day which is a *for us* day, perhaps not so much for a birthday which should be a *for you* day.

Most women are pretty good at expressing their feelings about what they like or don't like. If her hubs has bought her lingerie and she's not into it, sounds like he's not listening and is buying pressies for him not her.

If he starts buying her food mixers as well as lingerie, then she needs to cut loose..
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.

So the guy is f***** coming or going? :laugh: :laugh:
    No, because sex in any form is a type of violence against women designed to oppress them. This even applies to male homosexual acts, which oppress women by excluding them.

Sadly, I'm not making that up.

As a feminist this does.not.compute.

Also, I would be THRILLED if a boyfriend bought me lingerie and I love buying it for myself as well.
    I believe you. I make no claims that what I was taught at the time was either mainstream feminist theory of the day, or in keeping with contemporary feminist thought. It's merely what I was taught at the time.

Thats not even close to feminist thought, that's the feminist thought that people who hate feminists want you to believe. It might still be radical feminist thought, but I'm more of your laid back easy going feminist who understands no matter what utopia we want to live in, men and women are different.
  • rpsetser
    Options
    Women want to be equal.. I say, make them equal. Bring them down a notch or two ;)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care. I'd probably laugh!
  • aphroditesmaiden
    aphroditesmaiden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lingerie is the best gift for your romantic partner. Its not for him or her. Its for both of them to enjoy intimate moments together. If a girl says the guy bought it only for himself, she is basically saying that she is not that interested in getting intimate with him and she would rather have something she can enjoy without him. Now thats selfish.

THIS! Perfectly put.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Most of my romantic partners haven't really been into lingerie. :( Sad. It's fun to dress up every now and again.