Just Jealous.

Options

Replies

• drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!! REALLY!?!!!!! Are you and your wife still in High School? Thanks for the laugh...Good One! :drinker:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Just to be straight here you'll flirt with other women and let them insult her in front of you and make her feel uncomfortable and angry, but that's her problem for not being mature? I just don't get that.

I refuse to take ownership of her emotions. No one can make you angry but you. It's science.

so it was ok for the other woman to insult her and you were ok with that because she was being jealous that her husband was openly flirting with another woman right in front of her face, where do you draw the line from harmless flirting to inappropriate, do you have a line or does that just start at physical contact?

Thanks I am going to go home and sex my hubs up for respecting me and my feelings enough to know that something like that would piss me off and he loves me enough not to let another woman insult me because of him. He's a real stand up guy apparently those are rare.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    The whole situation sounds very sophisticated and mature.

Thank you. I like to think that I take responsibility for me and she needs to take responsibility for her.

*facepalm
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I would have been over by the tall trees, hitting on your wife. She's HAWT.

don't be jealous.

OH CRAP! I only THOUGHT I was jealous before!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Is this addressed to me? If it is I don't get your point. I'm not actually married, but regardless, my boyfriend and I spend every single day together. I don't have this problem bc my boyfriend would NEVER have a "flirtacious" conversation with another woman (probably even in my absence he wouldn't do this) and he ABSOLUTELY would NEVER let anyone talk to me like that.

I don't know who the sjourney person was talking to but I don't spend every single day with my wife. And if my wife cut someone off in traffic and someone shouted a rude name at her I wouldn't go punch them in the face, she cut someone off! Have some respect for other people for christ's sake.

And to the other guy I am not in high school, I'm in my 30s. She was class of 2009.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

Thank you. I like to think that I take responsibility for me and she needs to take responsibility for her.

*facepalm

Has anyone ever told you that you look like a younger and more attractive version of Samantha from Sex & the City?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    It is natural to find other people attractive but openly showing attraction and flirting is very disrespectful to your spouse. I would never disrespect my husband like that. And if I did show some other man I was attracted to him and flirted with him all in my husband's face...if this man did have the temerity to then say to my husband 'don't be jealous' it is likely that my husband, an easy-going, laid-back kind of man usually, would knock his teeth down his throat.

Basically you and this woman dogged your wife out and then she had the nerve to go rub it in your wife's face. :noway:

^This exactly. My boyfriend would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR disrespect me. He's a very outgoing person but there is a difference between having a lively or friendly conversation and having a "flirtacious" conversation. The fact that you admitted it was flirtacious literally makes you a jerk. You should apologize to your wife, and next time don't put yourself in a situation like this. Also, you should never let anyone male or female disrespect your wife either. You are wrong on so many levels.

And just for emphasis, I will repeat. That chick would have been eating my fist. :angry:

But my wife WAS jealous. Cute stranger lady was right. It's a character defect if you can't look in the mirror and acknowledge what you see. This woman certainly helped me that afternoon and I think if my wife were more mature she would've thanked her too instead of trying to treat me like a housepet.

Whether that other woman;s assumption was correct or not was besides the point. She shouldn't have been flirting with you in the first place, and she shouldn't have addressed your wife that way, period. It's disrespectful. Whether your wife was jealous or not that is between YOU and YOUR WIFE.

I'm thinking it might be best if your husband goes and buys the tree by himself this year.

Is this addressed to me? If it is I don't get your point. I'm not actually married, but regardless, my boyfriend and I spend every single day together. I don't have this problem bc my boyfriend would NEVER have a "flirtacious" conversation with another woman (probably even in my absence he wouldn't do this) and he ABSOLUTELY would NEVER let anyone talk to me like that.

I bet he doesn't/wouldn't. You've already displayed your willingness to inflict seriously bodily injury on others for simple words.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Can I be jealous too?
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Haha. My husband is never jealous. I'm friends with most of my exes and talk to them.. I've also been honest about guy friends I have and am attracted to and he doesn't care if I talk to them.. I even make jokes about "being" with other guys and he just laughs...

I think we have that basic understanding a married couple should have... TRUST :)

^^This
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It is natural to find other people attractive but openly showing attraction and flirting is very disrespectful to your spouse. I would never disrespect my husband like that. And if I did show some other man I was attracted to him and flirted with him all in my husband's face...if this man did have the temerity to then say to my husband 'don't be jealous' it is likely that my husband, an easy-going, laid-back kind of man usually, would knock his teeth down his throat.

Basically you and this woman dogged your wife out and then she had the nerve to go rub it in your wife's face. :noway:

^This exactly. My boyfriend would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR disrespect me. He's a very outgoing person but there is a difference between having a lively or friendly conversation and having a "flirtacious" conversation. The fact that you admitted it was flirtacious literally makes you a jerk. You should apologize to your wife, and next time don't put yourself in a situation like this. Also, you should never let anyone male or female disrespect your wife either. You are wrong on so many levels.

And just for emphasis, I will repeat. That chick would have been eating my fist. :angry:

But my wife WAS jealous. Cute stranger lady was right. It's a character defect if you can't look in the mirror and acknowledge what you see. This woman certainly helped me that afternoon and I think if my wife were more mature she would've thanked her too instead of trying to treat me like a housepet.

Whether that other woman;s assumption was correct or not was besides the point. She shouldn't have been flirting with you in the first place, and she shouldn't have addressed your wife that way, period. It's disrespectful. Whether your wife was jealous or not that is between YOU and YOUR WIFE.

I disagree. The flirting is common and normal, especially in shopping situations, especially with a hot husband like the OP and mine. What is not common or normal was the final insult. That was "touche" if I ever heard it and grounds for throwdown. Really I'm just talking because i have a mouth (err keyboard) I don't hit women who do that kind of thing but I feel like it. And if another woman did and told me a similar story, I'd let her slide on it.

BTW OP, how would youhave felt if that had happened.? Like ooh girl fight turned on? or like great, there goes the discount on the tree I was working up by flirting?
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Haha. My husband is never jealous. I'm friends with most of my exes and talk to them.. I've also been honest about guy friends I have and am attracted to and he doesn't care if I talk to them.. I even make jokes about "being" with other guys and he just laughs...

I think we have that basic understanding a married couple should have... TRUST :)

^^This

Exactly. It's not like I took the woman over the to the tree prep table and wrapped her in that plastic netting stuff and started getting crazy. It was just a few harmless words and touching.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Don't be jealous.
    $15 dollar cutting permit.

1466252_10200985976516725_1804507595_n.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I was until OP voiced his disdain for what the tree represents. Now I'm jealous of the sawzall that he will use to slowly dismember said tree.

I've got a ryobi plusone reciprocating saw specifically with a milwaukee tree trimming blade. That blade's like a foot long. I'm going to have that tree denuded before you can say "possessive *****".

I'm jealous of your denuding tools

^^This.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Um. I'm sorry I must have misread. I thought you were married. Or in a relationship. I didn't realize some random stranger got mad at you for talking to another random stranger.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    I disagree. The flirting is common and normal, especially in shopping situations, especially with a hot husband like the OP and mine. What is not common or normal was the final insult. That was "touche" if I ever heard it and grounds for throwdown. Really I'm just talking because i have a mouth (err keyboard) I don't hit women who do that kind of thing but I feel like it. And if another woman did and told me a similar story, I'd let her slide on it.

BTW OP, how would youhave felt if that had happened.? Like ooh girl fight turned on? or like great, there goes the discount on the tree I was working up by flirting?

Oh absolutely not. If that woman took a swing at my wife - - that's not just words. I would've beaten the seasons' greetings out of her.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Can I be jealous too?

Please don't. It will only make me jealous
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    First of all, if a woman ever finished speaking with my husband and then had the audicity to tell me don't be jealous when I showed up, she'll be eating my fist.

This made me giggle :laugh: My thoughts entirely!

please line up behind me, there are sides in this thread and you are on mine. The other team consists of jonny and delish and some broad i'm too jealous of to remember the name of. I think delish is on there side. unsure yet he hasnt answerrd.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

Um. I'm sorry I must have misread. I thought you were married. Or in a relationship. I didn't realize some random stranger got mad at you for talking to another random stranger.

Hey I don't tell you how possessive you need to be in your relationships, you shouldn't tell me how possessive I need to be in mine. My wedding vows didn't say anything about 'policing harmless interactions with others'.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I'm thinking it might be best if your husband goes and buys the tree by himself this year.

You've been together less that three months, haven't you.
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Troll???

First of all, if a woman ever finished speaking with my husband and then had the audicity to tell me don't be jealous when I showed up, she'll be eating my fist.

Second of all, unless this caused a horrendous fight, I wouldn't worry about it. I trust my boyfriend and I don't care who he talks to, but if were to start conversating with a woman whose appearance intimidated me I might give him a look like "and what exactly do you think you're doing?" but it would be more playful than actually suspicious and he would probably tell me to shut up LOL

THIS! this is HOW i think it should be.
    I would be punching the woman too if she told me to not be jealous.
    For the most part, i take it as a compliment to ME (and my husband of course) that the woman (or sometimes even men) check out my husband; he's tall, muscular and good looking. Of course he will get looks. I'm happy hes with me! As he said with me; he understands men will check me out as well. We both tell each other what happened when this happens to us when we're not with each other. There are funny stories sometimes. My husband is 6'5" and can pretty much look down womens shirts at their boobs (if they're being shown off); i've come to terms a LONG time ago that more than likely he will be checking those boobies out. lol as long as he doesnt cross the line; there is no problem.