Part 3 ~ turtle club

Options

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ok... The Philly Marathon is sold out. If I run it bandit, what's the worst that can happen?

Also, any advice on what to do as far as running over the next 3 weeks?

Hmmm, did I call it, or what? :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if I attempt to workout and have herniated discs if I can make them worse? My MRI is next week but I emailed my chiro and he thinks I'm too young to have that. So who knows! I need to burn some calories!!!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Does anyone know if I attempt to workout and have herniated discs if I can make them worse? My MRI is next week but I emailed my chiro and he thinks I'm too young to have that. So who knows! I need to burn some calories!!!!!

I don't KNOW for sure, but my husband had a bulging disc when he was younger, early 20s so I do disagree with the chiros opinion. Repetitive use/movement can inflict serious damage. Anyway, if I remember my information, once it has herniated the damage is done so I don't think some easy exercise would make it worse. I don't know for sure though!

ok, just popped over to web md ~ walking and swimming, easy stretching exercises and stuff to strengthen your core all seem to be alright
  • beckym71
    Options
    Ok... The Philly Marathon is sold out. If I run it bandit, what's the worst that can happen?

Also, any advice on what to do as far as running over the next 3 weeks?

Hmmm, did I call it, or what? :wink:

Lol! You were spot on Tom! :bigsmile:
  • beckym71
    Options
    Becky!!! You forgot me! I'm in california, I'm pretty sure that your best course is going to be here, BIG SUR MARATHON!!!!!!!!

Big Sur is epic! Leash wins for sure, this is on my "bucket" list, along with great wall of china marathon.

We could do one on each coast. :laugh: The Outer Banks Marathon is supposed to also be amazing!
    Hawaii is on my bucket list! I'm as crazed as Nitz. I haven't even run my 1st one yet! :laugh:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    I have run the half at the outer banks -- and it is VERY fun! Full is in November.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    YEA lets do one on each side of the country! Good idea.

• bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    ray and i are in the middle :ohwell:

i guess that means vacation plans!!! :drinker:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ya... I am thinking THEIR vacation plans are to Twin Cities...it is AMAZING race and on my calendar too!

bgood, we'll need to be working Becky a bit on this cold wimpery too..hahaha! All we hear is heavy bag this, muay thai that, kicking, hitting, don't mess with me....BUT it's too cold..... whaaayyyy! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Nuff... ha! Either you're tough, or not... BTW....the tough guys live in the prairie lands, and we just deal with it....no kicking and crying...hahaha! Right?

OK, tomatoe bomb coming....duck....splat!!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    ray and i are in the middle :ohwell:

i guess that means vacation plans!!! :drinker:

I guess that means you get to go to both! :bigsmile:

Love the idea... would LOVE to meet you guys in person :bigsmile:

Leash- love the new pic :smile:

Becky- Yes, I'm in Connecticut. I'm running a race here on Thanksgiving if anyone wants to join me... it's also my birthday! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Stressful day of work for me today- 78 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders... some days it's fun, and some days it chaotic and stressful- today was one of those days :yawn:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I still think you need a gluten free loaf of pumpkin bread with just enough candles to feel mature... no more....HA! So... it's Happy Birthmonth now, and Birthweek coming soon...right? Yippee!

Kel..too bad you had a bad day, but.... 78 of any age is bound to induce some lunacy! Hang in there, or act pyscho crazy and scare them a bit...haha!

OK.... I need help!!!! I had a great run but just hate doing my P90X workout... putting off the AbripperX until Oh-5-hundred... oh yuck-o-rama. Phifer scissor this.... bad attitude Ray, or B.A Baracus (take that Grease, real girls watch the A-team).

Off to bed everyone, and then another day chasing shiny objects.

Ray
  • jabdye
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    Hope all is well!
    Got in 5 miles last night -- 1 mile warm-up -- 3 miles at temp 9:13 -- 1 mile cool down. Felt great! Got a pull-up bar last night. My goal -- to be able to DO ONE pull-up. I'm a big sissy whimp and have NEVER been able to do one. So I am unable to type much today as I am unable to move my arms :bigsmile:

Ray -- you and your shiny objects -- should we rename you CROW??? The A-Team -- really???? I pity the fool....:noway:

Kelynn-- I'm excited to celebrate your birth month!!! Sorry I can't make it in person -- but I promise to eat too much in your honor :bigsmile:

Enjoy the day!
    Julei
  • bgood14
    Options
    yeah, we need to come to an understanding on here of what "cold" means :laugh: i was in Iowa City in 2000 for NCAA XC championships (working it, not running it) and the wind on the plains gives new meaning to the word. i'm still thawing out 10 yrs later!!!

sounds like we've got some serious schedule coordinating to do. another idea (in addition to, not in place of our marathon get together) -- we could do like the Nike Human Race they did a couple years (and then backed out on this year) where we all pick a day, and run the same race distance on the same day, so we're running a virtual race together. just a thought.

overslept this morning, alarm didn't go off, so heading out for 10K at lunch. hey, does anyone know what tomorrow is???
  • jabdye
    Options
    Freaky Friday???
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    yeah, we need to come to an understanding on here of what "cold" means :laugh: i was in Iowa City in 2000 for NCAA XC championships (working it, not running it) and the wind on the plains gives new meaning to the word. i'm still thawing out 10 yrs later!!!

sounds like we've got some serious schedule coordinating to do. another idea (in addition to, not in place of our marathon get together) -- we could do like the Nike Human Race they did a couple years (and then backed out on this year) where we all pick a day, and run the same race distance on the same day, so we're running a virtual race together. just a thought.

overslept this morning, alarm didn't go off, so heading out for 10K at lunch. hey, does anyone know what tomorrow is???

Love that idea, B! Like you said not necessarily instead of a.meet up, but in addition to :bigsmile:
  • bgood14
    Options
    Freaky Friday???

good answer! i think the 2nd part of that is the important part
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    Hope all is well!
    Got in 5 miles last night -- 1 mile warm-up -- 3 miles at temp 9:13 -- 1 mile cool down. Felt great! Got a pull-up bar last night. My goal -- to be able to DO ONE pull-up. I'm a big sissy whimp and have NEVER been able to do one. So I am unable to type much today as I am unable to move my arms :bigsmile:

Enjoy the day!
    Julei

"Julei", way to go on that tempo.:laugh: :drinker: Since you did 3 miles at 9:13 pace, will you come and run my half for me on Sunday? That was my failed goal for my last tempo run.

On the pull-up bar, if it swings down, start off doing "lat pulls?" first. You'll get that pull-up done! You can also start off standing on something like a foot stool or a chair. We have a bar too and I was against getting it but actually love that we have it.

I want to meet up. I am not wanting to run a marathon yet though. Maybe we can find a marathon that has a half too?:blushing:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Philly has both.... :happy:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Here's a question... be honest.

I feel perfectly fine, like, not sore, not stiff, not tired, nothing... Does that mean I laid down and didn't do as well as I could have?
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Here's a question... be honest.

I feel perfectly fine, like, not sore, not stiff, not tired, nothing... Does that mean I laid down and didn't do as well as I could have?

I'm not going to answer your question directly but when I ran my first marathon I felt the same way. I wasn't really sore the next day, I got a little sick but they say thats normal cause your immune system basically shuts down but I should have been barely walking! Yet I was fine... I did feel like I could have given it a lot more but it was my first so I didn't know what to expect. I'm sure you can do better and you will next time but I wouldn't beat yourself up over it! :smile: