Santa!?!?! I hate the lie!

1333435363739»

Replies

• Everybody lies to their children in one form or another just to protect them from all the BS adults have to deal with. Plus, when the child finds out that Santa is really mom & dad I think there's some disappointment but it's tempered by the idea that the parents are actually the gift givers. Besides, Christmas (or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, I guess) is supposed to be a fun and festive time no matter what you believe. If nothing else it means we're past the winter solstice, so spring is coming (slowly). I'd just roll with it and give the gifts and tell the kids that Santa is just another way parents try to make their children happy because the love them.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member

There is a lot more wonder and awesomeness in science than there is in the <b>limits of the imagination of the human brain</b>. It's sad when parents are so ignorant to the real world around them that they feel the need to make up imaginary beings.

The bold part says it all for me. That you think there are limits on your imagination shows how poor your imagination is.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Santa is real.....from a certain point of view.

250px-ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg

OBI WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    why is this thread still going??? :noway: who the heck cares that much anyway? If you want to do Santa with your kids, do Santa. They'll love it and if the worst thing that someone experiences in childhood is finding out Santa's not real, then they had a damn good childhood. And if you don't want to do Santa with your kids because you're not comfortable telling them lies, then don't. There are millions of non-Christian children around the world who never had Santa and they're perfectly happy, imaginative and capable of thinking outside the box.

Because Obi Wan???

2vkgcgo.png
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    why is this thread still going??? :noway: who the heck cares that much anyway? If you want to do Santa with your kids, do Santa. They'll love it and if the worst thing that someone experiences in childhood is finding out Santa's not real, then they had a damn good childhood. And if you don't want to do Santa with your kids because you're not comfortable telling them lies, then don't. There are millions of non-Christian children around the world who never had Santa and they're perfectly happy, imaginative and capable of thinking outside the box.

THANK YOU!
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    The holiday season should be about the spirit of giving. Who cares if your child does or doesn't believe in Santa.

My 4 year old donates 1 gift for every gift she receives. Whether through her daycare collecting gifts, the church giving tree, the local firehouse or toys for tots.

We have taught her that there are children who's parents cannot afford to buy them presents or live in a middle class home and giving is a way to make their lives a little brighter.

The spirit of giving is how we explain good old Saint Nick and I for one see nothing wrong with her believing. Another recent poster used Xmas as a birthday celebration, AWESOME IDEA and what a special time for your children.

If your friend believes a "lie" about Christmas is the cornerstone for distrusting his/her parents, then I would suggest they have deeper issues than Christmas.

Children grow up so quick as it is, and all the pressures society puts on them, my god let them enjoy their adolescence and keep the spirit of giving alive!!

My sentiments exactly. Thank you for this:flowerforyou:
  • Taking bets that this thread will resurface Christmas Eve. Who's in?
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Holy cow this got a lot of play. For what its worth, I wouldn't want my babies feeling left out at school. If they went to an all Jew school, then Hanukkah away! **** sentiments, no one even celebrates Christmas correctly. It's commercialized to the extent that people go into debt year after year to appease the masses and not feel like losers for not buying $12,000 in misc. bs