Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Catch the flu.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gummy bears by Haribo. Seriously, look at the reviews on Amazon. Just one small handful needed. :drinker:
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The best thing I think you can do is try to eat healthy nutritious foods and drink enough water:

Breakfast:
    lemon water
    green smoothie (Mine is 1 cup water, 2 cups baby spinach and baby kale or other greens, 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup blueberries, I also add 1/3 cup fage yogurt or 1 tbl peanutbutter for protein-I don't like protein powders, a few mint leaves, cilantro leaves, a tiny bit of ginger)
    2 boiled eggs with salt, pepper, paprika, and a little extra virgin olive oil

Snack:
    1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds or other nuts

Lunch:
    lean chicken or fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)

Snack
    1 gala apple or other fruits/veggies

Dinner
    lean chicken of fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)
    sweet potato

LOTS of water, add lemon, cucumber, mint if you want

After dinner "tea":
    1/4 lemon juice
    few mint leaves
    few cilantro leaves
    tiny bit of fresh ginger
    add boiling hot water, drink after a few minutes

Some form of activity as often as possible every day. (cardio 3x, strength 3x, walking whenever possible)

As you can see, this is not a "cleanse" in the starvation sense because I do not believe in that. It is however a gluten free, grain free, alcohol free, caffeine free plan. The carbs come from veggies, fruit, and sweet potatoes. Depending on how long you stick to it (try 2 weeks at least, 30 days ideally) you might want to add in rice (brown or basmati), regular potatoes, and medjool dates for any sweet cravings. Mix up the fruit and veggies and it can have tons of variety. A high quality multi-vitamin might be worth adding as well. The idea here is to work towards a healthier lifestyle, not do a "detox" for a short period of time.
  • AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Go to:

www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

and look around.

Not only good for weightloss but you are supposed to feel GREAT afterward. I've never tried it. I watched the documentary (which is also on netflix and youtube) and visit the site all the time though. I will try it some day.

Sorry for all the sarcastic remarks. You just wanted some help/advise and all these trolls came out of the wood work.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gummy bears by Harino. Seriously, look at the reviews on Amazon. Just one small handful needed. :drinker:

^^^^ THIS!!!

Here's the link... I nearly "cleansed" myself laughing!

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    colon blow.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sweating, peeing, and pooping
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    What is the most effective weight loss/ metabolism booster cleanse? I have a regimented diet and excerise plan but would like to try a cleanse out for the experience.

what experience is it that youd like to have?

stick with exercise and a caloric deficit.

your organs are built-in cleansers!!

tumblr_liqnwh6DBZ1qiunvpo1_400.gif
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I would be inclined to let my kidney's and liver do what they are designed to do, but that's just me....... Best of Luck

This!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

Not only good for weightloss but you are supposed to feel GREAT afterward. I've never tried it. I watched the documentary (which is also on netflix and youtube) and visit the site all the time though. I will try it some day.

Sorry for all the sarcastic remarks. You just wanted some help/advise and all these trolls came out of the wood work.

People who advise against "cleansing" are not just trolls. There's no medically sound reason to douche (unless for some conditions where a doctor prescribes it - I'm no gyn) and no medically sound reason to "cleanse".

We are self-cleansing animals. Eat right and you won't need to "cleanse" yourself. Some things you just don't need to mess with.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut. Quantity irrelevant. I've tried THREE servings...I've even tried ONE serving...but the results are the same. Thoroughly cleansed.

You're welcome.

Enjoy your journey! :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I came away from this thread learning this::laugh:
    I prefer Dove body wash and a poufy sponge thingy (not sure what you call those)

I believe the term you are looking for is Loofa ;)

Ahh. See, I thought this was a loofa:

tade-eponge-loofa-1-unite_29042011100034.jpg

I didn't realize that this was also a loofa:

loofa-250x250.jpg

But OP, either kind of loofa should still be effective for your cleansing.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Sauerkraut. Quantity irrelevant. I've tried THREE servings...I've even tried ONE serving...but the results are the same. Thoroughly cleansed.

You're welcome.

Enjoy your journey! :drinker:

HA!!!
    Your results may vary. I can eat sauerkraut... no problem. Jof has a tender tummy.
  • AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

People who advise against "cleansing" are not just trolls. There's no medically sound reason to douche (unless for some conditions where a doctor prescribes it - I'm no gyn) and no medically sound reason to "cleanse".

We are self-cleansing animals. Eat right and you won't need to "cleanse" yourself. Some things you just don't need to mess with.

I was actually talking about the TROLLS who are posting about Taco Bell and their favorite body wash. Not the people who are offering their opinions on whether a cleanse is good for you or not. Sorry, I should have been more specific.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I do a detox cleanse about once every couple months, usually for about 5 days at a time.

Most of the time when you hear "detox / cleanse" it's some crazy fad, some expensive drinks, or laxatives that make you dehydrated.

Cleanses & detoxes have different levels, and you can make them as strict or as lienent as you like, but basically it's usually something like:
    No processed foods or animals, normally raw or vegan -ish. Lots of water. No alcohol. No caffeine.
    Basically, you're just being strict on getting all the junk that you put in your body out &/or to jumpstart a weightloss or fitness regimine.
    People also usually focus on having certain foods that help with digestion or detox, like cayenne, lemon, garlic, apple cider vinegar, blueberries, etc.
    Like I said though, there are different levels, just find which one works for you that you think you can do. No need to go crazy. :)
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

I was actually talking about the TROLLS who are posting about Taco Bell and their favorite body wash. Not the people who are offering their opinions on whether a cleanse is good for you or not. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I get that, and I also get that you're trying to be helpful.
    So are the people who are posting the bodywash stuff and all...
    They are saying the same thing that I did, just in a more playful way.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    anal-beads.jpg?w=640
    You're welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

Psst, guess what? Sweating, urinating, and bowel movements are the way that the body removes toxinz.
  • IsaacHudson
    IsaacHudson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The thing is, there's really no such thing as a 'cleanse'.

Your body breaks food down into its components which it stores or uses. What you ate to get those components really doesn't matter.