Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    This is a great post haha
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    I married muscle
    I want to be with muscle
    The Rock is my dream man!!
    HOT!!!!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

HOT!!!!

Not if I get him first. :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, wish I could get arms like his....dude has freaking tree trunks for arms.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    When I first met my husband, I had never been attracted to anyone like I was to him, and it had everything to do with his charisma, charm, and sense of humor. He had an average build, some muscles, but nothing popping out. He's gained some weight over the years, but I'm just as attracted as I ever was.

Awwwwww, that's sweeter than YooHoo.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    From a purely aesthetic point of view - muscles are good. Example:

HOT-GUY-88-All-Chest.jpg

Why are his pants undone? Did he just finish dropping a deuce?
  • Shreddingit84
    Options

HOT!!!!

Seriously though, wish I could get arms like his....dude has freaking tree trunks for arms.
    LOL! I know what a fun night that would be! I could die after! :p
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If I was going for physical attraction only, I like a muscular build... to a point. I appreciate the look, the feel and the effort for the hugely bulky body builders but am not attracted to them.

In all honesty though, I want a man that loves family, is healthy, fun to be around and enjoys life! Looks are really a secondary thing for me.
  • MityMax96
    Options

HOT!!!!

LOL! I know what a fun night that would be! I could die after! :p

that would be all 3 of us? Right? :laugh: :laugh:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    This thread is fun to read because:

A.) It assumes what women say they want in a man is actually what they really want (ok, maybe 10% might not be bs)
    B.) By the time you've read this post, the women from pages 1-5 have already changed their mind about what they want in a man.
  • MityMax96
    Options

B.) By the time you've read this post, the women from pages 1-5 have already changed their mind about what they want in a man.

Yeah, changing minds....
    Kinda what women do. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    I like men with muscles. :love: They fascinate me.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

I agree with the survey of bodybuilders.. gross.. but I can't say I haven't looked twice at a man with muscular arms and shoulders. However, most women (including me) care more about a great personality.

surprised it took 6 pages before the body shaming started....

not meant in that way! i'm just not a fan of a lot of bulky muscles and bulging veins, just as some men find size 12 women like myself gross, or aren't fans of blondes, or women over 6 feet tall.. its just an opinion.

Have any bodybuilders here been offended by my comment??? if so, i'm very sorry! :flowerforyou:

How else would have you meant it? I'm not into very large women but I would never be like "oh my god, soo gross, the fat rolls and the food in the folds" because that would be mean. I just keep my opinion to myself, I don't have to provide a commentary to go with what I'm thinking in my head. Being tactful is not a bad thing.

gooooodnessss I apologized and tried to clear up what I meant, what else can I do? theres no pleasing the hungry alligators that make up the forums. I sincerely doubt the body builders I "shamed" are at all worried about what a chubby girl from TX thinks about something they love and commit their life to, lol.

ETA: *kitten*! did I just "alligator-shame?" grrr, more apologies necessary.
  • stevansrb
    Options
    some of the topics on these forms are such a joke lmfao
  • MityMax96
    Options

I like women with guns, they fascinate me. :love: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    :blushing:

I like women with guns, they fascinate me. :love: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just like some men don't like fit women.

Said no man (I know) ever!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It is true, I have definition in my abs and have been told that women should not have abs. Some guys like the Victoria Secret look.
  • Ninguneado77
    Options

It is true, I have definition in my abs and have been told that women should not have abs. Some guys like the Victoria Secret look.

please, do NOT listen to them
  • KristinNicole82
    Options

please, do NOT listen to them

I don't, I love the way I look and will always want to improve. If they don't like it they can leave. I usually get more **** from other women than I do men, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I don't, I love the way I look and will always want to improve. If they don't like it they can leave. I usually get more **** from other women than I do men, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Well, it surprises me! What's up with that? They don't like that you look great? lol
  • KristinNicole82
    Options

Well, it surprises me! What's up with that? They don't like that you look great? lol

I am sure a lot of women that lift hear the same comments about lifting weights makes women huge and why would you want muscles, you are going to look like a man. Some don't consider it feminine. It doesn't bother me, I just laugh and keep doing what I enjoy.