Ladies...At what height is a guy creepy short to you?

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Short guys are creepy now. Wonderful. I have noticed in my dating life that girls care about height, but women don't.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I love a man to tower over me. I am 5'5 I like a man to be at least 5'9 and up.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    "Creepy short" is something that I would never think.

But I am 5'8" and probably wouldn't have dated a guy under 5'5" unless there was a huge mutual attraction, plenty of things in common, etc. I dated guys 5'6"-5'8" no problem though. My ex was around 5'9" or a little over.

I admit that I DO love my husband being over six feet tall, but height wasn't my top priority when seeking a mate. Not even Top Ten.

I feel like this is about right.

I have a friend I deeply like- but not attracted too- he's just a tad too short- and actually I think he may only be an inch shorter than me- but I'd have made it work if there was a chance.

I'm 5'8" and I LOVE my heels- and I typically rock 3-4" heels- nothing shorter- anything under 3 I hate... so if I wear heels- I'm definitely taller than BF who is 5'9".

I don't care. Sometimes it makes the arm/shoulder/waist holding thing a little weird- but meh. whatever. I don't care if I"m 3-4" taller- seriously it just doesn't register with me.

2-3" shorter than is pushing it. But it's not a HUGE deal breaker- I Think it vastly depends on his personality about the height. Napoleon complex is DEFINITELY a thing. THAT'S the deal breaker.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My father always said to me when I brought a short guy home (I am quite tall) - 'they are all the same height lying down' and you know what, he was right lol

LOVE this! My dad never would have said something like that to me, but who cares? That's the truth!

For the record, I'm 5'3" and I've dated guys 5' flat up to 6'6". Pretty sure that calling a guy creepy just because he's a bit vertically challenged is wrong on several levels. Way to go for being a shallow jerk!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 6ft tall. Anything below 5'10" is kind of a deal-breaker for me.

Well, I guess it's not really a deal-breaker, but physical attraction is an essential component to chemistry, and I never find myself physically attracted to a man while he is staring up my nose.

Good point! Lol
    I just don't want a man that I have to lean down to kiss. I'm short, so I don't have a problem there, and "creepy"? Not at all, bad use of a word?
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Am I tall enough???

41954d1164066025-omg-brian-peppers-nnnnnbpfk3.jpg

Because my height is what makes me creepy or non-creepy right?

Right guys?
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    My father always said to me when I brought a short guy home (I am quite tall) - 'they are all the same height lying down' and you know what, he was right lol

So not true...all men are not created equal and that would be obvious when laying down...Did you get the "it's not the length its the girth" or "its not the size of the wand it is how much magic it can make" lecture?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    My husband is an inch shorter than me. I'm 5'9. I don't really care what height a man is...just as long as he's a decent guy.

We're exactly the same!!

They won't treat you better or love you more if they're taller lol!! Alot of women are missing out on some great guys due to their desire to have a taller man.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 9 inches and I prefer a man to be 6 foot or taller. I won't date a guy shorter than me, its just weird!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    i'm 5'7". My last boyfriend was about a half inch shorter. It was ok until I wear heels. Then we looked ridiculous. I prefer wearing higher heels, and would rather date someone who is 6'+. I really liked this guy, so I was ok with looking a little silly.

I'm guessing this was pre-18 year marriage when you were 18?
  • michele093
    Options
    Any Shorter than 5'9 is too short to me. I'm only 5'2 but I like a guy to be around 6'2. 6'0 is the shortest I will date.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Off topic but I never understood why tall women, 5' 11"+, wear high heels.

*Ahem* Because, when you're already 6'0" tall and work predominately with women, what's it matter if you are 6" taller than them or 9"? I'm an Amazon, either way =) Plus, they look dang good.

However, I rarely wear them when going out with my husband (who is 1" taller).
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Anything under 6'0 and we're in manlet territory
  • iLOVEbabySARA13
    Options
    I'm 5'3. Shortest I've been with is the same height as me. Doesn't bother me unless they're scrawny.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, sooooo I think anything shorter than that. I rather like my guys tall. :D Like, 6 or 7 inches taller or more.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    There are enough other things that can make a man (or anyone) creepy without worrying about something as arbitrary as height.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and one guy I dated was the same height as me, the last guy was about 2" shorter than me. That one got a little weird. I'm not so ok with bending down to kiss my man.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You want creepy? 4 out of 5 of my long term relationships, the guy was 6'2" exactly. So is my dad. The one I married is only a little over an inch taller than me, at 5'6"
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Off topic but I never understood why tall women, 5' 11"+, wear high heels.

Because high heels are less about gaining height then giving the illusion of longer legs, particularly due to even calf muscle activation.

There's also a certain amount of sexual signalling going on but I will leave it at that....
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think the shortest guy I dated was about 5'6", he was super sweet and I really liked him, I'm 5'4-1/2" so we looked great together, I don't wear heels, so that was never an issue… but then I met my hubby, and fell head over heels… He's 6'4" and we look funny together. LoL.. I don't think his height played a huge roll in our attraction, if anything, probably should have had the opposite effect, and he used to wear cowboy boots that made him even taller and he was so skinny. Anyone who wears a 32/34 pant dating a short girl with self-conscious weight issues… must be crazy… LoL… what a mess we were. But 18 years later, he's still the love of my life. And sexy as ever. ;-)

So to answer your question, I'm not sure what height a guy would have to be, to be 'creepy short', but I did used to think my hubby was a bit too tall and too skinny!!! Handsome as all get-out tho… ;-)
This discussion has been closed.