You call this a Sexual Predator???

Options

Replies

• Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Times change. Apparently people don't realize this.

Also, this kid will not be labeled as a sexual predator when he grows up. Or even next year. The title of this topic is dumb.

Bully
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I think Hunter learned a valuable life lesson through this: The only women you can ever trust in your lifetime is your mom.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's so stupid!
    My nephew lost a job when he was 19 after being accused of harrassment. He has always been a hugger, he hugs everybody! Well, I guess he hugged the wrong person one time. Was NEVER told or warned that it was unwelcome and he was out. You just never know for sure.

Well, when you're on a job, any kind of touching is off limits. Simply because it could lead to a lawsuit that could cost the company a ton of money. So yea, while he may be affectionate, he also needs to know what's socially acceptable. Stepping into someone's comfort zone and touching them, even if it's just a friendly hug, is not something that is going to fly at any job site, unless your job is to hug other people at work.

PC gone awry.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I think Hunter learned a valuable life lesson through this: The only women you can ever trust in your lifetime is your mom.

Hello my little croissant
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Political correctness gone mad.

Fight it honey.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

Lulz aside, I'm willing to bet my rack that the kid didn't learn a thing from it at six.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Lulz aside, I'm willing to bet my rack that the kid didn't learn a thing from it at six.

Well regardless of the offense, I don't personally believe that suspension from school teaches a child anything anyway.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    It's so stupid!
    My nephew lost a job when he was 19 after being accused of harrassment. He has always been a hugger, he hugs everybody! Well, I guess he hugged the wrong person one time. Was NEVER told or warned that it was unwelcome and he was out. You just never know for sure.

wedding-crashers-wtf.gif

19yo in the workplace =/= 6yo at school.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I don't believe a child that young has the mental capacity to understand sexual harassment.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Gross overreaction. When I was in second grade things like this were commonplace and were dealt with by redirection and if they really became a problem a student might sit in a corner or sit on a bench during recess. Suspension used to be reserved for really severe problem behaviors, not normal expressions of childhood crushes.

This boy didn't lift the girls skirt, he didn't hit the girl, he kissed her hand! It didn't even upset the girl, it upset the teacher. I am not saying misbehavior should be ignored, but I'm not sure that suspension is the best way to deal with it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Well, when you're on a job, any kind of touching is off limits. Simply because it could lead to a lawsuit that could cost the company a ton of money. So yea, while he may be affectionate, he also needs to know what's socially acceptable. Stepping into someone's comfort zone and touching them, even if it's just a friendly hug, is not something that is going to fly at any job site, unless your job is to hug other people at work.

Maybe he wants a new career, and he's working as an intern for Samantha?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/11/professional_cuddler_samantha.html
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options

(.)(.)
    What's ur chest workout?

Edited: forgot the boob icon
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'll play devils advocate....

The news never tells the whole story, and I'm sure school officials are in a position of confidentiality and unable to fully discuss it. That said, what other choices do schools have, the newest litigation shows that schools got sued for "Not protecting kids" from an incident very similar. This is nothing new, when I was in grade school we had a kisser, who made us all very uncomfortable and they finally had to remove the kid. He wasn't "labeled" anything, because it just wasn't the times back then to do so. But, I'm sure the mother of the girl doesn't want her daughter subjected to such behavior either, and no mother of a young girl does.

Before getting up in arms over a new story, maybe it's a better idea to address what is happening in our own lives, our own experiences, and our own world first. School are in a tough position of having to meet everyones expectations all the time, not everyone is going to be right, not everyone is going to be happy. Had the mother of the girl gone to the media with "my daughter is repeatedly sexually harassed at school and administration is doing nothing about it" there are just as many people who would be just as upset.

It's a sue happy world, if anything, our children need to be taught that unless physical contact is mutual keep your hands to yourself, simple as that.
  • ThriceBlessed
    Options
    It's so stupid!

Um, he was 19.

My thoughts exactly. You wouldn't expect most First Graders to do algebra, or drive, or hold down a job... but you expect them to act as maturely as a college age kid in other areas?
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    This is the second incident of a school being ridiculous. A 6 year old has no clue, he is doing what he sees others do, what the school should do is talk to the boy and the parents and explain that unfortunately you can't do that in school. IDIOTS. This PC crap has gone way too far and people are ridiculous about it. I would think the school is now probably under a lot of fire from different people telling them what idiots they are.

What is worse is that in the High Schools, violence and other behavior is being ignored because the schools don't want it to get into the news that the school is not in control. My daughters school had 2 incidences of students hitting teachers and the school covered it up and not only that told the teachers they were not allowed to involve police. So the school is allowing dangerous behavior to continue just to protect its reputation and other schools are going too far to protect themselves. Either way it is the kids that get hurt in the end.

I just hope the parents at the school and in other neighborhoods stand up and do something.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Ok, that is BEYOND ridiculous. First off, a kiss on the hand by a child(or adult) is not sexual in nature. It's pretty cute actually. Second, the little girl consented to the kiss, so there is no harassment involved. Third, THESE ARE KIDS! If they were "playing doctor" behind the bleachers, that would be something to get mad about, but this is an innocent kiss on the hand!

People are getting more and more dumb and over-reactive!:grumble:
  • ThriceBlessed
    Options
    Ok, that is BEYOND ridiculous. First off, a kiss on the hand by a child(or adult) is not sexual in nature. It's pretty cute actually. Second, the little girl consented to the kiss, so there is no harassment involved. Third, THESE ARE KIDS! If they were "playing doctor" behind the bleachers, that would be something to get mad about, but this is an innocent kiss on the hand!

People are getting more and more dumb and over-reactive!:grumble:
    ^^^^
    This
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options

(.)(.)
    What's ur chest workout?

Edited: forgot the boob icon

I just eat clen and tren hard
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

QFT

:flowerforyou:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that he's had previous encounters, and been suspended before. Also, sexual harassment doesn't equal being a sexual predator.

But if people were reasonable, this would be an MFP forum topic, so I guess carry on with not really talking about what happened, and acting like kids will be kids. Things like that are why kids grow up thinking there's no penalty for things that they do.
This discussion has been closed.