Ladies...At what height is a guy creepy short to you?

Options

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Anything under 5'10" (I'm 5'9")....just can't do it!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    If any of the ladies here are curious what percentage of their dating pool they're eliminating right off the bat, here are statistics by age and height. They're for the US, but probably representative for most of the first world.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0209.pdf

Edited to add:
    Anything under 6'0 and we're in manlet territory
    We 80% now?

Wowsers.

I guess this thread confirms what many guys, on some level, suspected may be true. That is that short men have a much harder time in attracting a potential date. By this standard (which I presume is a joke but has an element of truth about it) that accounts for 80% of American guys!

You know, I always thought that the reason I didn't find attracting women all that hard when I was single was my charm, personality and kindness.

Now it seems it is because I make the height cut off mark.

I feel so cheap....
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you replaced this topic with "breast size" everyone would be up in arms.

Everyone is entitled to their preferences.

Agreed, but preference wasn't the question. Labeling someone as creepy because of a genetic trait is stupid, whether it be height or breast size, or anything else for that matter.

So no one answered this... At what breast size is a guy creepy?

J/k, but yeah this does seem a tad offensive. I've never looked at a short guy and thought his height made him creepy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Height isn't a dealbreaker for me. There are enough things to worry about in terms of compatibility, I'd rather not judge a man for a physical characteristic that he has no control over.

This sums it up well. Although I didn't feel that way when I was younger, mainly because I was insecure about being "big". I'm 5'9". My husband is 5'9" as well, but lately I've seen men as short as 5'3" whom I was I attracted to and would date if single.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10.. I have dated as short as 5'6 and didn't have a problem with it. Esp fun when I wear stilettos and am 6'2
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you replaced this topic with "breast size" everyone would be up in arms.

Everyone is entitled to their preferences.

Agreed, but preference wasn't the question. Labeling someone as creepy because of a genetic trait is stupid, whether it be height or breast size, or anything else for that matter.

So no one answered this... At what breast size is a guy creepy?

J/k, but yeah this does seem a tad offensive. I've never looked at a short guy and thought his height made him creepy.

A better Analogy would have been "Guys....At what height is a girl creepy tall to you?"
  • ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    Options
    Ok, I'm 5'8" so I guess I'm creepy. Are we really grown adults? This is grade school stuff.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10". I think I'm acceptable to most ladies. I do try to go 5'7" and under though, because women are way more concerned about height than men are.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    When you are taller than the average man you just kind of accept the shorties. My first crush was shorter, and I'm sure RDJ is shorter than me.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", he's 5'2", but I've known him for so long that it's 'normal' for me so...meh.

Besides, it doesn't matter when we're horizontal anyway. :devil:
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". GF is 6'. 6'3" in heels. She does not find me creepy. At all.

THIS!

I'm 6' and my BF might be 5'7.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", he's 5'2", but I've known him for so long that it's 'normal' for me so...meh.

Besides, it doesn't matter when we're horizontal anyway. :devil:

Hahaha, I see what you did there :laugh:
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy who was 5'5, which is one inch taller than me. I thought I could overlook it, but with short stature also comes small body size lol. I couldn't hack it. A guy has to be at least 5'8 for me to date him.
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm 5'8" so I guess I'm creepy. Are we really grown adults? This is grade school stuff.

I completely agree
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11... married, but don't think I could've ever dated a guy that wasn't AT LEAST tall enough to get things off the top shelf. That would just be an unfortunate match up.
    ETA: Not to say that a guy my height would be creepy, it would just suck.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7": and the shortest boyfriend I've had was 5'8". I would probably date a guy who was 5'6" at the shortest...as long as he was stocky or muscular. I don't want to be with a guy who makes me feel like a hulking giant. It's probably fun for for men to feel big next to their partner, but not so much for women.

Oh, and on the opposite end of the spectrum I dated a guy who was 6'8" and in fact they'e NOT all the same when you're horizontal! By the time we got our "parts" lined up I was basically staring at his nipple. If I wanted to kiss him while standing without killing my neck I would have lead him over to some stairs or a curb or something so I could get up on it. I think 6'1" to 6'3" is just about perfect.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to tell my husband that he's creepy because he's 5'6".
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Personally since I'm 5' 3" not much of the male population is short to me in a creepy way.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm probably creepy. 5'4". Dated girls taller and shorter than me. Compensate for my height by hitting the gym. Tall guys get all the girls. So i have to establish my alpha sense of dominance by trying to get wider. Hasn't helped at all. Looking forward to modern medical science making limb-lengthening surgery affordable.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So much shallowness in this thread. I wish I could say I was surprised.
This discussion has been closed.