5'7" goal weight?

Options

Replies

• caseys29
    caseys29 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'7 and 5'8. My goal is about 170, maybe as low as 160.I'm a D cup and have wide hips and a large butt. My main goal, along with losing weight, is to be as muscular and lift as heavy as possible. I'd be happy to be a size 10/12. In high school I was 140-150 and usually wore a 7-9.
  • desireea3
    desireea3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Great website to show you what women look like with your body type. Kinda gives you an idea of what you would look like.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Being a lower weight does not equal a better body. I am 5'6" and weigh between 145-150. I went from a size 10 to a 4/6 without losing one pound. Strenght training will do that and you won't care about the number on the scale. I have maintained the weight and size for over 5 years so I think I'm on the right path. Just sayin'
  • kmnordby
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I have been down to 120lbs in my late 20s and its a bit of an anorexic look (wore a size 2). I would think anywhere between 130-140 would be good. I guess it just depends where you carry weight. I tend to have big legs so I'm trying to get down to about 135. I figure if you are eating right and exercising regularly and not trying to rush it and do crazy things, your body will regulate itself. I was at one point over 160lbs and I just cut out the unhealthy stuff and worked out 5 days a week (30 min each day) and I dropped 25lbs. I didn't try any fad diets, just cut out what I knew to be bad and did a lot of portion control. It works! Lost my way a bit and trying to get back in shape right now =)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'7 and 5'8

Wt now 157 lbs
    Goal wt - around 155ish

I need muscles, so trying to build those. I am an athlete, I need them!
  • Redbone723
    Redbone723 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Considering you're in your 20's, 135 is probably fine. I am 5'8 and almost 40, with that being said, me personally would prefer to be around 175, 160 at the lowest :~) Good luck on your journey :)
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's been so long since I've been in the 100s that I would love 175#! (I'm 42.) I remember when I was in the 150s (high school) I had to really restrict my eating or I would gain fast. For now, anything in 'onederland' would be nice! LOL
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7 and 26 years old. At my fitness and leanest (before pregnancy and being in the military for 4 years) I weighed 155! But I had lots of muscles so it all depends. Hope that helps. Now I'm a blob, but getting back into slowly :)
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    120-150
    depending on your body type, muscle mass, how you store fat, etc
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    I'm 5'7 & maintain 135lb & 19.6-8% BF I would find it hard with my current sporty lifestyle I would have to really push it to get lower..I like my current size &its taken a long time! :)
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I weighed 189 when I gave birth to my son 4 years ago, and was high as 211 with a previous pregnancy. I am 5'7", 21% body fat, around 130 on the scale. I have a very small frame and it's hard for me to put on muscle but I try! Would love to get down to 19% bf and gain some more muscle! I'm 41 and aim for about 1700 cals/day with splurges on weekends.
  • DeniseBarone
    DeniseBarone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think it really depends on how you feel about yourself and whether you can sustain the weight loss without making yourself crazy or sick.
  • emmamaybear
    emmamaybear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and my goal weight is 143.
    My current weight is 198 and I have a pretty large frame (I think?) because even when I'm this overweight the fat is still pretty evenly distributed along my body. I have no idea what I'd look like when I'm 143. Maybe I'll want to get lower than that, but that'll be worries for later!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    130-135 looked great on me. 135-140 was ok.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My goal was 150, but want to sit between 145 and 150. I am happy with the way I look now and really that's all that matters.
  • rle2512
    rle2512 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" my goal weight is 140 I am currently 158, came down from 198(my body loves the 8's i guess) great job btw! =]
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and am happy anywhere in the 150s. 155 is a nice weight, but the 140s would be perfection. I have no desire to be what *for me* would be "too skinny" I wear a size 10/11 in the 150s and a size 8/9 in the 140s; size 12/13 in the 170s....currently a size 14/15 at 190 :( Can't wait to even be in the 160s again!

This is me. I've never been in the 140s though, but my aim is solidly in the 150s, although, ideally, I'd be between 145-150.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been approximately the size of Texas for about 5 years but recently lost a bunch of weight. I'm convinced that looking "average" is attainable now! So, I'm just wondering what weight looks good on a 5'7", 20-something female!?

SW: 215lbs
    CW: 172lbs
    GW: 135lbs???
    I'm 5' 6.5"
    I can't seem to get below 141 whatever I do
    I can't seem to MAINTAIN below 145... but that's okay I'm happiest anywhere between 145-150

Where ever you are comfortable.

I figure...
    1) I want to live a reasonable life where food is not all consuming.. I want the time and energy to do awesome things. So If I'm not the *perfect* number, but if I'm healthy and can move and jump and play and hike and dance and kayak... I'll deal.
    2) I added 10 lbs to the bottom of the BMI healthy range. (In case you get injured or sick it's nice to have so resources to draw from.)
    3) I subtracted 10 lbs from the top of the BMI healthy range. (In case a stressful life event hits and derails my efforts, I have a little wiggle room)
  • xbritnex
    xbritnex Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 as well. I have been 5'7 since I was like 13. I'm 23 now. I'd say I was 125 when I was that age and wearing a size 7 or 9. In college I was 150 and size 11.at this weight I was happy but did have about 10-15 lbs of fat I could lose and still look healthy I have wide hips. I played soccer in college so I had a lot of muscle weight, but people thought I weighed so much less because my legs were not bulky. My dad always used to joke that my thighs were the same size as my calves. I have a lot of muscle and my legs are strong they just didn't grow in size. I weigh 177 now due to injuries and not playing anymore and developing bad eating habits. Anyway my goal weight is 135. Because I am small framed I could be at 135 and have a ton of muscle. This is how I looked in high school. So everyone's body is different. For me 135 is my ideal weight, who's knows though once I lose a lot of the fat maybe that number might change.
  • siobhandouglas50
    Options
    What size are you? I'm 5"7 and my goal is 145lbs