Death by candy...sabotage ?

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

I'll try that again and see how it goes and just continue to move it. It didn't work last yr. but I'll have to wait an see.

I'm a *****. If someone sat it near my desk, I moved it away and it came back, I'd dump the whole thing, dish and all into the nearest garbage can.

well aren't you a gem?

Punish the whole office because you can't control yourself...

Maybe punish the whole office because they aren't respecting her wishes to keep the candy in a different room because she ADMITS she is having a PROBLEM with it.

She's doing her best - her workmates are in the wrong here - this is how I see it.

If she didn't speak up and just threw them away then that is wrong.

If this was people smoking in the office and she asked them to move to another room and they refused would that be different?

Overeating lollies is not just a health issue but also a cosmetic one - sweets make you fat, ruin your skin, make you tired and contribute to diabetes and other assorted health problems. It also may or may not be addictive - but certainly some people have a huge problem saying NO to it.

the workers are in the wrong for putting a candy bowl under a Christmas tree??? Bahahahaha that is hilarious ..

and your smoking analogy is pretty extreme...

Exactly. The person on the diet must learn self control and adjust to their surroundings in public, not the other way around.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

I'll try that again and see how it goes and just continue to move it. It didn't work last yr. but I'll have to wait an see.

I'm a *****. If someone sat it near my desk, I moved it away and it came back, I'd dump the whole thing, dish and all into the nearest garbage can.

well aren't you a gem?

Maybe punish the whole office because they aren't respecting her wishes to keep the candy in a different room because she ADMITS she is having a PROBLEM with it.

She's doing her best - her workmates are in the wrong here - this is how I see it.

If this was people smoking in the office and she asked them to move to another room and they refused would that be different?

Overeating lollies is not just a health issue but also a cosmetic one - sweets make you fat, ruin your skin, make you tired and contribute to diabetes and other assorted health problems. It also may or may not be addictive - but certainly some people have a huge problem saying NO to it.

the workers are in the wrong for putting a candy bowl under a Christmas tree??? Bahahahaha that is hilarious ..

Exactly. The person on the diet must learn self control and adjust to their surroundings in public, not the other way around.

If you have anything approaching addiction (I understand this is debatable in regards to sugar) and you're trying to quit.

If you're in any kind of treatment program your support workers will advise you to stay away from the substance and people who use the substance (whatever it is) until you can get a grip on how to live life without overwhelming urges.

Once you're past the 'white knuckle' phase the restrictions can be relaxed.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    We had a cookie exchange yesterday, and I took a bite out of the several cookies and dumped the rest... its all about moderation...

413.gif
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

If you have anything approaching addiction (I understand this is debatable in regards to sugar) and you're trying to quit.

If you're in any kind of treatment program your support workers will advise you to stay away from the substance and people who use the substance (whatever it is) until you can get a grip on how to live life without overwhelming urges.

Most people don't work surrounded by real addicts, and I'll go out on a limb and say that few work places have bowls of cocaine under the Christmas tree.

There is a massive difference between staying away from something, and asking a group of people with only weak social ties to change their behaviors to accommodate you.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You made a request, your request was denied... Just because you want something doesn't mean you will get it. Obviously the others in the office disagree with you. Deal with it...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Most people don't work surrounded by real addicts, and I'll go out on a limb and say that few work places have bowls of cocaine under the Christmas tree.

Maybe if you work for this guy:

bilde?Site=LR&Date=20110824&Category=ENT01&ArtNo=110829980&Ref=AR&MaxW=408

:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    just walked by candy bowl...ignored it...
    I'm going to introduce you to an interesting concept you may not have considered: You and the OP are two completely different people.

QFT
    tumblr_m6jizcmJaH1rv3b62o1_500.gif
  • Omnidir
    Omnidir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In front of my desk, less than 2’ away is a small table. On this table is a Christmas tree (so pretty) and eeeeeek, a CANDY DISH! Last year I actually ended up moving that lovely candy dish after two weeks had passed and many stolen calories. I relocated it to the lunch table in another room. I didn't think it would matter much or people would give it a second thought but guess what? The candy dish somehow magically reappearing in front of my desk overnight! I tried to ignore it and mentioned to no one in particular that I noticed someone had moved it back. A few more days past into the new yr. and all decorations and the wretched candy dish went back into the closest, phew!!
    From reading this and your other posts:
    Get a LARGE fruit dish, place it on the table to block your sight of the candy. Fill with fruit or decorations. Move your trash can under the desk or somewhere that they cannot put the wrappers in it. Get another trash can to put by the candy dish where you cannot see it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

True, but it is a workplace, and it is not up to everyone else to coddle the personal problems of co-workers in a professional environment. I personally would have been fine with moving the candy bowl if someone asked me to just to make their lives a bit easier. But not everyone is like that, and they are under no obligation to be like that. So the addicted person must learn to adjust or they will keep having these types of problems.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

True, but it is a workplace, and it is not up to everyone else to coddle the personal problems of co-workers in a professional environment. I personally would have been fine with moving the candy bowl if someone asked me to just to make their lives a bit easier. But not everyone is like that, and they are under no obligation to be like that. So the addicted person must learn to adjust or they will keep having these types of problems.

at my office we have three bowls..one for candy, one for cocaine, and one for crystal meth...
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i would throw it right in the garbage
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

at my office we have three bowls..one for candy, one for cocaine, and one for crystal meth...

Has Massengill contacted you about a spokesmodel contract? Because I think you'd be a natural. :tongue: You seriously have to be the most entitled jock I've ever seen in my life. You have zero sympathy for the people who are where you were six years ago, and rather than make a small accommodation to help them with their goals, you'd make things harder on them just to prove some "majority rules, suck it" point or something. Douchetacular.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

{{{goes to indeed.com with new search criteriea}}}
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

I can only imagine the drama when drunk people start mistaking the contents of those bowls for each other at the Christmas party. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

Mail me an app? :laugh: :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

Has Massengill contacted you about a spokesmodel contract? Because I think you'd be a natural. :tongue: You seriously have to be the most entitled jock I've ever seen in my life. You have zero sympathy for the people who are where you were six years ago, and rather than make a small accommodation to help them with their goals, you'd make things harder on them just to prove some "majority rules, suck it" point or something. Douchetacular.
    no, but I think Mattel might be contacting you for copyright infringement...

No, I am simply saying that if nine out of ten people in the office want to have a candy bowl under the three, then why should it be moved for one person ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

Mail me an app? :laugh: :laugh:

sent..
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Today a support team that shares the floor with the team I work for has a 'treat' day with a huge spread of goodies spread all over a table just a few steps away from my cubicle. All kinds of tasty looking stuff that doesn't fit into my plan for today. Sigh.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have to go with what a few other people have said and have a fruit bowl. If this person hasn't listened to you before and keeps doing their own thing, you may have to do the same and make adjustments around it. Put the fruit bowl on your desk and fill it with fresh fruit and granola so if you get the craving for the candy you can reach into your own stash of healthy snacks. It sucks, but in the end it is what it is.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

no, but I think Mattel might be contacting you for copyright infringement...

No, I am simply saying that if nine out of ten people in the office want to have a candy bowl under the three, then why should it be moved for one person ...

Way to take a stand. I'm glad you're raising awareness for candy bowl placement in the workplace, it's such an important topic. Except, you know, not. People can find the candy bowl just fine without having it dangling in front of the one person who has impulse control issues and has asked for a simple accommodation. It sounds like only one trollish biznatch at that office is insisting that the bowl be placed in front of the OPs work area, not a unified front of disgruntled candy eaters forced to travel 5 more feet to obtain their God-given right to candy.

And it's Hasbro, not Mattel. But you're probably wrong a lot, huh?