Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

She's fine, but seriously what do you think scale says?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I still have yet to figure out how girl clothing size works. A girl could be like "OMG IM A SIZE BLAH BLAH I NEED TO BE A SIZE BLAH" and I try to figure out what that even means as I look at her.

don't worry -so are we.

LOL SERIOUSLY! I just don't understand why we can't just get our jeans/pants/shorts/etc sized like the guys...I can NEVER find the right size of jeans!
    That would never work for women who are pear or hourglass shaped.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    I still have yet to figure out how girl clothing size works. A girl could be like "OMG IM A SIZE BLAH BLAH I NEED TO BE A SIZE BLAH" and I try to figure out what that even means as I look at her.

don't worry -so are we.

LOL SERIOUSLY! I just don't understand why we can't just get our jeans/pants/shorts/etc sized like the guys...I can NEVER find the right size of jeans!

OMG.. and then there is junior sizes.. misses sizes.. ladies sizes...petite.. low rise.. ultra low rise.. mid-rise..and *enter whatever else I am missing here* cant' tell you how many times I come home with my size just to discover they are the wrong cut and therefore do not fit.. drives me NUTS!!

Don't forget about the lengths! I didn't have to buy long jeans until I dropped below a size 14. Suddenly, everything in a size 12 regular length was short! Makes finding anything other than basic jeans a nightmare unless I want the highwaters look all the time.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    ...said no man ever.

Also thigh gap... wtf...

^ Word
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    My hubby set me straight a long time ago!

1) He said men will always tell it the way it is

2) We only give a s*** about cars, money, clothes, and looking good b/c it's what gets us sex. Sex takes precedent over everything else from puberty until we die.

3) If it was not for sex we would not care about cars, money, or looking good, and we would wear what ever we could fit on our fat A$Ses.

4) We don't care about the scale, or how you eat. If we like you that is it. We are all attracted to different things, but if you get our engine going that is all that matters.
  • Here's what I'll never understand.

I have a very best friend who, by looks, is my polar opposite. She is 5'8, blond, beautiful (yes, she gets TONS of 2nd looks), slender with curves in the exact right places. Me: I am big (ok, I am obese), plain, don't wear makeup other than tinted lip gloss with short hair that I do take the time to style.

Here's the kicker: she and I conducted an "experiment" for fun. For 1 whole month, we went out to bars, clubs, other social events. I will stop to note that I am married and faithful and my husband knew about this and was fine because he knew nothing would come of this. I did not wear my wedding rings out and we went to places where we were certain no one my hubby and I knew would go. Men beelined to my friend and talked to me only because I was there. We danced and had fun. However, at the end of the experiment, I had received more phone numbers and date requests than my friend.

Now tell me, is it REALLY about what the scales say??? By the way, I weigh over 300 pounds. My friend is 140.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    I will say this though, I think it's important that you take care of yourself and your body.

It's NOT everything, but I would expect my partner to work to stay nice for me, and I for them. I (my opinion) see doing otherwise as taking them for granted in a way.

Case in point, if she was physically attracted to me for my build, covering all that with fat or letting myself go and expecting her to still like me THAT way isn't really fair to her, is it? If she does, excellent. If she doesn't, it's not really her fault. (important point, I'm assuming a reasonable person here, not someone who is abnormally shallow).
  • I still have yet to figure out how girl clothing size works. A girl could be like "OMG IM A SIZE BLAH BLAH I NEED TO BE A SIZE BLAH" and I try to figure out what that even means as I look at her.

don't worry -so are we.

That's why there's the waist sizing.....think how fabulously easy that would be! :) ah. so exciting! I could just go in there and find "36x36" ,make sure they fit and go.

Maybe they could have a special line like Levi's that has curvy fit too! My sister uses those. She loves the fit. But they should still do length and waist sizing!
  • I still have yet to figure out how girl clothing size works. A girl could be like "OMG IM A SIZE BLAH BLAH I NEED TO BE A SIZE BLAH" and I try to figure out what that even means as I look at her.

don't worry -so are we.

OMG.. and then there is junior sizes.. misses sizes.. ladies sizes...petite.. low rise.. ultra low rise.. mid-rise..and *enter whatever else I am missing here* cant' tell you how many times I come home with my size just to discover they are the wrong cut and therefore do not fit.. drives me NUTS!!

Don't forget about the lengths! I didn't have to buy long jeans until I dropped below a size 14. Suddenly, everything in a size 12 regular length was short! Makes finding anything other than basic jeans a nightmare unless I want the highwaters look all the time.

Oh my gosh yes! If I wear 10R, I look like I'm wearing high waters, but if I put on a 8L, everything fits! I don't understandddd. :sad:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Nice try but this presumes most women really care more about what men think than what other women think about them...

True. Whenever a boyfriend tries to give me advice on what to wear, I usually say something like, "You are a straight male. Wtf do you know about what looks good on anyone?" lol. Many women dress to impress each other.
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    ...said no man ever.

Also thigh gap... wtf...

:)
  • rml_16

don't worry -so are we.

That's why there's the waist sizing.....think how fabulously easy that would be! :) ah. so exciting! I could just go in there and find "36x36" ,make sure they fit and go.

Maybe they could have a special line like Levi's that has curvy fit too! My sister uses those. She loves the fit. But they should still do length and waist sizing!
    But then they still have to fit over your hips or butt. I cna't wear men's jeans, even if they're the right waist size. They're too small over my hips.

And women have the low and midrise pants, too, which throws it all off.

I just get midrise so they fit my hips and I'm good.
  • Liber8
    Liber8 Posts: 13
    y'see...women only really care what other women think...true.
  • I did want to mention in my last post that I am working on loosing weight and getting in shape. I got to my current state thanks to medications and my bought with depression.
  • I will say this though, I think it's important that you take care of yourself and your body.

It's NOT everything, but I would expect my partner to work to stay nice for me, and I for them. I (my opinion) see doing otherwise as taking them for granted in a way.

Case in point, if she was physically attracted to me for my build, covering all that with fat or letting myself go and expecting her to still like me THAT way isn't really fair to her, is it? If she does, excellent. If she doesn't, it's not really her fault. (important point, I'm assuming a reasonable person here, not someone who is abnormally shallow).
    I agree with you 100%
    The reason I began on MFP is because I no longer felt desired by my husband. I had had 2 kids and gained 45lbs! Don't get me wrong he still loved me but I could feel the shift from uncontrollable desire, to I love you inspite of the weight you gained.

At first I felt hurt by this shift but quickly realized that it was my own doing.

This is not to say fluctuation in weight is bad, but that we must realize what we choose to do to our bodies will influence the way our SO feels towards us on a physical level.

don't worry -so are we.

But then they still have to fit over your hips or butt. I cna't wear men's jeans, even if they're the right waist size. They're too small over my hips.

UGH WHY ARE WE SO COMPLICATED??!??!! HAHA! :noway: :laugh:
  • melabelle_al
    melabelle_al Posts: 3 Member
    Also thigh gap... wtf...

Don't be a hater. Some of us just have wide-set hips.

QFT.
  • rml_16

don't worry -so are we.

UGH WHY ARE WE SO COMPLICATED??!??!! HAHA! :noway: :laugh:
    To keep 'em guessing.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    ...said no man ever.

Also thigh gap... wtf...
    :love: tumblr_mdglkpJkKd1rl6a5io1_500.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Here's what I'll never understand.

I have a very best friend who, by looks, is my polar opposite. She is 5'8, blond, beautiful (yes, she gets TONS of 2nd looks), slender with curves in the exact right places. Me: I am big (ok, I am obese), plain, don't wear makeup other than tinted lip gloss with short hair that I do take the time to style.

Here's the kicker: she and I conducted an "experiment" for fun. For 1 whole month, we went out to bars, clubs, other social events. I will stop to note that I am married and faithful and my husband knew about this and was fine because he knew nothing would come of this. I did not wear my wedding rings out and we went to places where we were certain no one my hubby and I knew would go. Men beelined to my friend and talked to me only because I was there. We danced and had fun. However, at the end of the experiment, I had received more phone numbers and date requests than my friend.

Now tell me, is it REALLY about what the scales say??? By the way, I weigh over 300 pounds. My friend is 140.

personality/confidence makes up in ways that the scale does not measure.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    y'see...women only really care what other women think...true.
    I don't think most women are concerned about what men think or other women think near as much as what THEY THEMSELVES think when they look in the mirror.

If I had a husband that I felt loved me "in spite of my weight", well, that would be unacceptable to me.