• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    h2A466A5A
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Starbucks suck. Go to Costa instead
    Or a local place. We have a few AMAZING local coffee shops. Much cheaper too!
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have patronized Starbucks all over the world.... They've never shown me my coffee and asked if it looked ok. Why would they do that? Do they usually do that? Maybe they already knew something was wrong with it? This post is making smoke come out of my ears.

Or maybe they knew they were dealing with a drama queen.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    damn starbucks getting all high and might now...go back to seattle
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    :laugh: you're like the person that orders their steak medium (red center still), waits to eat it for like 10 minutes (while it cools down on your plate and keeps cooking) and then complains that the restaurant over cooked it. :noway: :sad:

THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. Goodness. :grumble:

Definitely thought you were joking at first..but it appears you are not. HAHAH. Loving the comments on this.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would have said the same thing to you. For one they made it and you approved, two whip cream takes a while to melt and if you went back after it melted how do they know you did not drink the coffee down an inch.

I was a barista for years while in college. You get 2 options, whip cream, or top your drink off the top. If you want both, it is not going to happen because it will spill.

Remember that each barista makes a drink differently, so if you do not like how that particular barista made a drink then do not have her make you drinks. Some baristas make drinks sweeter (more syrup) or the draw better shots then the others. Some put more whip cream on then others.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Walk over by the napkins and stuff where they have the milk you add yourself and pour some in. Problem solved.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Food for thought: Maybe they made the drink properly this time, but didn't in the past.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Food for thought: Maybe they made the drink properly this time, but didn't in the past.

Woah, now that is zen
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Am I really about to post a comment on this? Nope...girl dont waste your time!!!! Make your own coffee! Wasting time money and pssi.g others off with this non-existing issue...
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I just happened to see this exact same post not once, but twice, on the Weddingbee website. Random that I happened to see it so many times among both online communities. But really, It's coffee. If it's usually correct, don't worry about it. It's not such a big deal to warrant rants all over the Internet about an inch. And many place (I don't do starbucks so I don't know their policy) intentionally leave a 'window' as it is proper procedure for some drinks. Be thankful you can afford to go to Starbucks every day and leave it at that.

Agree with PP who said 'first world problems.'
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am so upset, I had a drink made at Starbucks and when they made it they showed it to me and from what I could see it looked good but I waited a bit and when the whip melted the drink was like an inch down from the rim! So they had filled it up with an inch of just whip cream and when I showed them this and explained it and asked for more milk they refused to do it and refused to remake it saying well I showed it to you before and its just fine, well I couldn't tell before that they used so much whip cream. And they refused to remake it and told me to stop talking.

(sings) "...Do they know it's Christmastime?"

So sad.
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't very well acquainted w/ Starbucks or their drinks. If the recipe calls for whipped cream, they have to leave space at the top of the cup to add it. Since whipped cream contains a large volume of air, it occupies less space when it dissolves - the gases that expanded the cream dissipate.
    If you didn't specify "no whip", it sounds like you got what you ordered. You should not expect to get your drink replaced at the business's expense because you didn't order what you actually wanted..................................
    ^ THIS!

I am a barista (not at starbucks) and honestly, I'm generous with whipped cream. If someone doesn't say they only want a little bit, I just assume that they're getting whipped cream because they actually LIKE it. No complaints so far... Just Sayin'!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I would have said the same thing to you. For one they made it and you approved, two whip cream takes a while to melt and if you went back after it melted how do they know you did not drink the coffee down an inch.

I was a barista for years while in college. You get 2 options, whip cream, or top your drink off the top. If you want both, it is not going to happen because it will spill.

Remember that each barista makes a drink differently, so if you do not like how that particular barista made a drink then do not have her make you drinks. Some baristas make drinks sweeter (more syrup) or the draw better shots then the others. Some put more whip cream on then others.

^This.

If you've ever worked as a barista you would understand this. And if you'd ever worked as a barista you would also understand why barista's don't re-make coffees when you complain about someting so menial and invalid as this :noway:

Note: I was also barista.

Edited because I suck at bolding :grumble:
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    Seriously? I just happened to see this exact same post not once, but twice, on the Weddingbee website. Random that I happened to see it so many times among both online communities. But really, It's coffee. If it's usually correct, don't worry about it. It's not such a big deal to warrant rants all over the Internet about an inch. And many place (I don't do starbucks so I don't know their policy) intentionally leave a 'window' as it is proper procedure for some drinks. Be thankful you can afford to go to Starbucks every day and leave it at that.

Agree with PP who said 'first world problems.'

Yep, I've seen it before somewhere, too. Just another trolling attempt, except it's not even original material.

Wow, and if you google the first line, you get a gazillion results of the exact same thing...

I'm usually not a jerk unless I know someone is fishing for reactions, I swear! It's just that there's a lot of it on these forums...XD
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    They say a spark will start a fire.

I propose you camp out in front of the store and hand out literature on the injustice bestowed upon you and how this traumatized your life and ruined your day.

I’m not even joking. Indifference to poor coffee drink preparation should not be ignored!!
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Man this reminds me of the time my surgeon said he'd reconstruct my shoulder but he messed it up and I couldn't move my arm for 9 months. How awful that Starbucks totally ruined your life.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Oh, we've been trolled again, MFP. There is no way that a rational-thinking, adult human being could possibly be so worked up about a Starbucks drink that they decided to make their very first post on MFP all about that blasted drink. No, I'm not buying it.
  • stacks34
    Options
    Did you call the cops?

:D
  • mjones6599
    Options
    and....... my worries seem so small now.

=)