Barista refused to remake my drink or add more milk to it

Options

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    ahaha... Starbucks sucks & the muffins have to many calories!
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Your starbucks barista makes about $9/hr and deals with semi-cranky people's demands all day. Give the poor barista a break and drink the coffee. Tomorrow is another day. Sometimes in life our starbucks latte is slightly imperfect. These things happen and we steadfastly move forward through the day anyhow.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    firstworldproblems.txt

I'm sorry, but an inch of coffee seems silly to get into an argument over. How old was your barista? 18? And you really want to fight with a highschool or college student over an inch of coffee? On one hand, he/she probably should have just given you the 3 tablespoons of milk to make you happy, but it sounds like you literally sat there and stared at your drink until the whipped cream melted so that you could have an argument.
    I mean, this worker saw you happy with your beverage, you walk away, he/she does work for a few minutes and then you come back with less coffee. Did you drink some of it, and now just want more? The barista might have thought you were being dishonest or petty, and dug in his/her heels.
    Idk. I wasn't there, but maybe you should try to look at it from the barista's point of view. People scam food service workers all the time for freebies, and I imagine it gets annoying after awhile. Not saying you were scamming anyone, or you were being dishonest, but an inch of coffee still doesn't seem worth arguing over.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If only every Starbucks had one of those stations with the sugar, creamer, milk, napkins and stirrers readily available for customers to help themselves to as much as they want, this tragedy could have been avoided.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Indeed; the incredibly few times I've got a drink at a Starbucks in the 12+ years since I've worked there, I've normally got a hot chocolate and rather than ordering it at 'kids temperature' (as I'm a hot-drinks-wimp), I just add some milk from their Star-Trek jugs.

(Err, they may have changed the jugs since I worked there, of course - but when I did they were the same ones on TNG, which impressed me :) ).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Your starbucks barista makes about $9/hr and deals with semi-cranky people's demands all day.

Exactly.

If you want "world class service", go somewhere you're charged a "world class price".
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You guys are hilarious!! Pass the popcorn, please!
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    People mess up orders where ever you go, so very thread worthy.
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's really a shame in this day and age there is no solution to the whipped cream situation. All this time wasted on medical science. Pfff
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's really a shame in this day and age there is no solution to the whipped cream situation. All this time wasted on medical science. Pfff

Why does there need to be a solution? Whipped cream is good as is.
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i wish they did that to my drinks. The whipped cream is the best part of their drinks.
  • workoutgirl141
    Options
    That's the problem, its imperfect like 99% of the time, and I feel like they just don't care.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Dry your eyes, sigh...
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    When I worked there one customer told me should we only buy a drink if me or one other bloke was serving.

You may be paying premium prices, but the staff aren't treated in a 'premium' manner, so you can't expect the good ones to stick around.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If only every Starbucks had one of those stations with the sugar, creamer, milk, napkins and stirrers readily available for customers to help themselves to as much as they want, this tragedy could have been avoided.
    :drinker: My thoughts exactly.
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Why? They shouldn't be telling people to shut up about their order.

They shouldn't so write a letter to the appropriate people, get your little $3.33 back, and get over it. People have provided you more than enough solutions.

Seriously the whining in this thread = Milton from Office Space.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get this same drink on a daily basis and this time it seemed different.
    Images-article-2012-09-16-channel-ten-glee-crying.gif

That's the problem, its imperfect like 99% of the time, and I feel like they just don't care.
    Glee1.gif

OP, you could write a song: "That B**charista Screwed Up My Latte, a Hundred Different Ways."
  • nikolhasler
    nikolhasler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love you.
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A53yL5DCQAAWVoe.png
    what is that pic for?
    Why I'm glad you asked!

Here's a bridge. Get over it.

Here's a straw. Suck it up.

Here's a full cup. Shut the full cup.

:flowerforyou:

This is my favorite of the pages of comments :)
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I am so upset, I had a drink made at Starbucks

I'd be upset if I had to drink at Starbucks too...