Ladies...At what height is a guy creepy short to you?

Options

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    IN! Because this kind of thing:
    dorneysign.jpg
    Always makes people feel great about themselves.

:angry:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Off topic but I never understood why tall women, 5' 11"+, wear high heels.
    I hate this just as much as i hate this thread.
    No kidding. Some women wear high heels because they like them and heels look sexy as hell, particularly when they adorn never-ending legs.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Holy thread resurrection!

For what it's worth, the definition of shallow that is relevant to this is:
    a : penetrating only the easily or quickly perceived
    b : lacking in depth of knowledge, thought, or feeling

Height requirements in dating are very obviously shallow, but human beings are shallow to begin with so we might as well accept it. What I do think, however, is that strict and excessive height requirements are ridiculous.

If a girl says "must be 1.80+ for me to date him", she is eliminating 70% of men in most countries. The correlation between height and character is tenuous at best, so she is essentially multiplying her chances to meet someone compatible by 0.3. Finally, since nearly all women prefer tall men, she is also choosing the segment of the population for which she would have the most competition...

Edited to add:
    For guys who were a bit butthurt about women preferring taller men, would you be comfortable dating a taller woman?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Edited to add:
    For guys who were a bit butthurt about women preferring taller men, would you be comfortable dating a taller woman?

Up front, I can't say I was "butthurt" per se. Or even really disappointed. Just a bit sad. Yes sadness, that's the key emotion...

If by "dating" you mean owning a home with, living together for 10+ years having a beautiful baby daughter with. Then I suppose, yes, I would say I'm comfortable.

But then, I'm an adult.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that guys add an inch or two on these sites, and women that are tall subtract an inch or two?
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Holy thread resurrection!

For what it's worth, the definition of shallow that is relevant to this is:
    a : penetrating only the easily or quickly perceived
    b : lacking in depth of knowledge, thought, or feeling

Height requirements in dating are very obviously shallow, but human beings are shallow to begin with so we might as well accept it. What I do think, however, is that strict and excessive height requirements are ridiculous.

If a girl says "must be 1.80+ for me to date him", she is eliminating 70% of men in most countries. The correlation between height and character is tenuous at best, so she is essentially multiplying her chances to meet someone compatible by 0.3. Finally, since nearly all women prefer tall men, she is also choosing the segment of the population for which she would have the most competition...

Edited to add:

Bro, do you even math?
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and if he's 5'8 or shorter I might have a problem. He'll have to have one helluva personality.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Don't think creepy is the right word, but attraction wise all men before my husband were at least 5'11" my husband is 6'. I am only 5'4" so most men are tall enough for me to even wear heels.

ETA: one annoyance with tall men is....my dang husband always puts things on top of the fridge and acts like i should have just checked there or seen the item...I can not reach the top of the fridge :grumble:

I also think most females just want a guy to be bigger than themselves. My oldest daughter is 5'6" at 13 and she only finds boy taller than her attractive because shorter boys make her feel too tall and some say so. So it isn't just girls being shallow it is also the way some boys/men act.
  • in_the_stars
    Options
    I like to feel dainty and delicate, so i like men taller than me, at 5'2, I don't have a problem with that. I like it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

lol just makes me think someone has never experienced the thrill of trying out a little domme. You want power put a tall woman in high heels.
  • in_the_stars
    Options

lol just makes me think someone has never experienced the thrill of trying out a little domme. You want power put a tall woman in high heels.

Not into it. I need no power when my man has it. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that guys add an inch or two on these sites, and women that are tall subtract an inch or two?

not me always been proud of being tall...love to carry myself tall too
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even math?
    Yes I do.

If X and Y are independent variables, then P(X>a and Y>b)=P(X>a)*P(Y>B). Also, 1-70%=0.3...
    I leave it up to you to fill in the gaps. This WILL be on the final.
    I don't remember where I read it, but they've found that men and women both tend to add about two inches on dating sites. Anecdotally, I have been on a few e-dates with girls who were visibly shorter than they claimed. I thought it was endearing.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Don't think creepy is the right word, but attraction wise all men before my husband were at least 5'11" my husband is 6'. I am only 5'4" so most men are tall enough for me to even wear heels.

ETA: one annoyance with tall men is....my dang husband always puts things on top of the fridge and acts like i should have just checked there or seen the item...I can not reach the top of the fridge :grumble:

I also think most females just want a guy to be bigger than themselves. My oldest daughter is 5'6" at 13 and she only finds boy taller than her attractive because shorter boys make her feel too tall and some say so. So it isn't just girls being shallow it is also the way some boys/men act.

Not me.
    I have no problem with a guy based on his height. Now, if he's an a-hole, different story.

At 5'8, I'm way taller than average in this area (cajun people tend to be shorter than the national average)

It's common for me to be taller than men here.

However, I admit that I'm somewhat shallow. If I were still in the dating pool, I wouldn't get serious with a man who probably makes less than I do (which, admittedly, isn't all that much)
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'd do frodo baggins in a heartbeat.. true story.... and hes the perfect height for.. um NVM ;)
  • zak138
    zak138 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I prefer taller guys, mainly because I'm only 5ft 6inch (167cm) hahaha but I'm not too fussed.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even math?
    Yes I do.

If X and Y are independent variables, then P(X>a and Y>b)=P(X>a)*P(Y>B). Also, 1-70%=0.3...
    I leave it up to you to fill in the gaps. This WILL be on the final.
    I don't remember where I read it, but they've found that men and women both tend to add about two inches on dating sites. Anecdotally, I have been on a few e-dates with girls who were visibly shorter than they claimed. I thought it was endearing.

i remember reading somewhere that men tend to lie about height (if they are below 5'10) and their age and women tend to lie about weight and age. also the same article said that the for shorter guys who lie about their height, 5'10 was the most common fib and any guy reporting his height as over 5'10 it was more than likely true
  • cheekymcgee
    Options
    Under 2'.....something about that newborn type....just creepy!

But seriously, WTF? Why would I find a short man creepy?
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and the shortest guy I went out was 5'2

But to be fair if Peter Dinklage asked me out I'd go

dinklage.gif

its all about attitude
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and the shortest guy I went out was 5'2

But to be fair if Peter Dinklage asked me out I'd go