Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• VenharBaby
    Options
    Could be worse, you could weigh 179 pounds...

OMG I wouldn't even wanna imagine that weight on my frame! Highest weight ever was 168lbs.

You mean you weigh less than 179 in your pics? Oh...

What do you weigh? 185lbs?
  • VenharBaby
    Options

OMG I wouldn't even wanna imagine that weight on my frame! Highest weight ever was 168lbs.

:huh: I'm 5'9" and 180lbs wasn't all that scary.

Also, I do heavy squats, and weight 160lbs. My and my *kitten* are friends.

Maybe not for you but for me it would be. And I don't think there's anything wrong with u weighing 180lbs or me not weighing 180lbs.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    My angel profile pic was deleted by admin. lol. I looked and seen that my ugly fat pic was on for my profile pic. lol. I deleted them all and chose a pic of my legs.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

hauntinglyfit? Well. You tell me me. How much do you think she weighs? I'm fascinated at the thought of your potential answer.

49926158_9880.jpg
  • VenharBaby
    Options

hauntinglyfit? Well. You tell me me. How much do you think she weighs? I'm fascinated at the thought of your potential answer.

49926158_9880.jpg

My post was a joke because of her rude comment to me. But to answer ur question, guessing that she's 5'7" (can't see her profile) I would say 130lbs.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

:huh: I'm 5'9" and 180lbs wasn't all that scary.

Also, I do heavy squats, and weight 160lbs. My and my *kitten* are friends.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1154821-if-you-were-a-179-pound-female-be-glad-your-not-though
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

Wow, what an ignorant post...I don't know about ruining your *kitten*, but your attitude and personality could use a massive overhaul.

The ironic fact is that when she finally did post a pic, the issue ended up to not be her *kitten* but her stomach, so if she had actually paid attention to the poster rather than insinuating that he was trying to perv, it would have been far less confusing and the OP would have worked out what she actually needed to do much quicker.

ETA: that post was the 1st response in this thread!
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

Wow, what an ignorant post...I don't know about ruining your *kitten*, but your attitude and personality could use a massive overhaul.

The ironic fact is that when she finally did post a pic, the issue ended up to not be her *kitten* but her stomach, so if she had actually paid attention to the poster rather than insinuating that he was trying to perv, it would have been far less confusing and the OP would have worked out what she actually needed to do much quicker.

Yep I agree and i apologise to the gentleman asking for pics. I was dumb to think it was to perv. Sorry SIR! Please forgive :)
  • MINIRunner
    MINIRunner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This thread is why I don't read or post... good lawd I will never come here when I am bored again...

BTW. I am a personal trainer, and squats did not ruin your *kitten*, your lack of tracking and having a December food free-for-all attributed to some fat gain....

Early on you spoke about body wraps and exercises that target loss in specific areas. Both are a waste of your time.

You CAN NOT pick a part of your body and "work it off". Work your entire body.

Wraps are temporary and a joke. It's a 2-3 day re-shape based on dehydration.

Eat properly AND LOG, think 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein and keep the sugar down to 25 grams or less a day. THEN you will get what you are looking for. Exercise is great, but you also have to eat properly.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

49926158_9880.jpg

My post was a joke because of her rude comment to me. But to answer ur question, guessing that she's 5'7" (can't see her profile) I would say 130lbs.

I am shorter and heavier than that. People usually assume i weigh less than i do because of lifting.

You know, squats and stuff.
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I run and never had a problem with
    my butt being too small. Have u tried
    running?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yep I agree and i apologise to the gentleman asking for pics. I was dumb to think it was to perv. Sorry SIR! Please forgive :)

Kudos to you for that (srs, not sarcastic btw).
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Is it fat or muscle? I mean how "firm" is your butt and how much body fat % are you at? If it's jiggly just lose fat. If it's really firm it might indeed be a lot of muscle.

I wouldn't skip to lunges I feel my glutes a lot after I do those (forward lunges). They kind of isolate glutes for me. But everybody is a little different in what muscles get hit most on what exercises.

Maybe skip squats in favor of dumbbell step ups or leg curl. Those hit the quads pretty hard and as such could substitute for squats. They will likely not hit your glutes so much, but your mileage may vary.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Is it fat or muscle? I mean how "firm" is your butt and how much body fat % are you at? If it's jiggly just lose fat. If it's really firm it might indeed be a lot of muscle.

I wouldn't skip to lunges I feel my glutes a lot after I do those (forward lunges). They kind of isolate glutes for me. But everybody is a little different in what muscles get hit most on what exercises.

Maybe skip squats in favor of dumbbell step ups or leg curl. Those hit the quads pretty hard and as such could substitute for squats. They will likely not hit your glutes so much, but your mileage may vary.

Fat can be pretty damn firm, especially when you are gaining it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I run and never had a problem with
    my butt being too small. Have u tried
    running?

*sighs*
  • Ozzzy66
    Ozzzy66 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump so it is fresh and others can share in the pain!:sad:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    head-explodes-confetti-o.gif
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Okay okay. Let's calm down. Im fat and i apologize for offending anyone. But im not going to get mental help, Im going to get fitness and nutrition help. Oh wait, I already know what to do. Im just gonna do that. I really didn't think my belly was that fat until the pictures today and then what some of you had said. And I can't believe I actually though my *kitten* was the culprit to me fitting my 140lb jeans......It would be nice if ya'll could wish me luck. I want to drop 15lbs by the summer.

Good luck, girlie! And log your food. Do you have the phone app? It's so easy you can copy entire meals you've previously logged to any day you want, build recipes you use frequently and add them easily, and calories from so many restaurant meals are right there in the database. The beginning plan is always successful. It's those days that you go out to eat with friends, people bring in treats at work, or you've have a total $h#% day and don't feel like paying attention to calories that sneak up on you. You can eat a lot of calories whether you're eating "clean" or not. If you truly want to follow the advice you've been given and be successful *this* time around, you have to log your food! Many of us are indeed here because what worked for us in dropping impressive lbs before does not seem to be working anymore. And again, good luck.

And don't throw away what you've accomplished. You've taken the time to learn to lift. You ate yourself to gain weight, we've all been there. Keep the squats to keep your maintain your muscle mass which does more for your health than a big *kitten* or not. Squats had nothing to do with your recent issues. Do not throw out the baby with the bath water :smile:
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    This thread is why I don't read or post... good lawd I will never come here when I am bored again...

BTW. I am a personal trainer, and squats did not ruin your *kitten*, your lack of tracking and having a December food free-for-all attributed to some fat gain....

Early on you spoke about body wraps and exercises that target loss in specific areas. Both are a waste of your time.

You CAN NOT pick a part of your body and "work it off". Work your entire body.

Wraps are temporary and a joke. It's a 2-3 day re-shape based on dehydration.

Eat properly AND LOG, think 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein and keep the sugar down to 25 grams or less a day. THEN you will get what you are looking for. Exercise is great, but you also have to eat properly.

Im a big fruit eater so 25grams of sugar isn't sustainable for me. And I knew about those wraps being total crap - it wasn't me that mentioned them. I know there's no miracle thing or pill for weight loss. And i realized by posting this topic that squats DID NOT ruin my *kitten* - i was just being dumb and jumping the gun to blame something on my non success i guess.

I am going to take new pictures today and post them. I really think my belly was swollen from stuff I ate yesterday - at least that's what im hoping. We will see! Take a look if u want. See what other people think. I am going to work very hard in 2014. And im actually excited, just wish i had some close friends right her with me to do it with............dream on.......all my friends don't even exercise let alone eat healthy.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Okay okay. Let's calm down. Im fat and i apologize for offending anyone. But im not going to get mental help, Im going to get fitness and nutrition help. Oh wait, I already know what to do. Im just gonna do that. I really didn't think my belly was that fat until the pictures today and then what some of you had said. And I can't believe I actually though my *kitten* was the culprit to me fitting my 140lb jeans......It would be nice if ya'll could wish me luck. I want to drop 15lbs by the summer.

Good luck, girlie! And log your food. Do you have the phone app? It's so easy you can copy entire meals you've previously logged to any day you want, build recipes you use frequently and add them easily, and calories from so many restaurant meals are right there in the database. The beginning plan is always successful. It's those days that you go out to eat with friends, people bring in treats at work, or you've have a total $h#% day and don't feel like paying attention to calories that sneak up on you. You can eat a lot of calories whether you're eating "clean" or not. If you truly want to follow the advice you've been given and be successful *this* time around, you have to log your food! Many of us are indeed here because what worked for us in dropping impressive lbs before does not seem to be working anymore. And again, good luck.

And don't throw away what you've accomplished. You've taken the time to learn to lift. You ate yourself to gain weight, we've all been there. Keep the squats to keep your maintain your muscle mass which does more for your health than a big *kitten* or not. Squats had nothing to do with your recent issues. Do not throw out the baby with the bath water :smile:

Thank you for your post! I will still lift but im focusing on weight loss, not gaining strength.