Join me! Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid starts today!!!

Options

Replies

• rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Today I am starting the Chalean Ext./ Turbo Fire Hybrid. I have been doing Turbo Fire for about 3 or 4 weeks and I love it! But my husband just surprised me with Chalean Ext. as a birthday gift so I'm going to start the hybrid today! So today's workout is Stretch 40, but I"m also going to do HIIT 15.

I love Turbo Fire so much so it is hard for me to slow down on it and just do weights but I'm going to give it a shot!

So I just wanted to say 'hi' you might hear more from me as the days go on!

Rhonda
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi Rhonda! Welcome to the group!

Today, as I mentioned yesterday, is the start of week 16 and is a recovery week according to the schedule; however, since I wanted to work up a really good sweat I substituted Core 20/Stretch 40 with Fire 60. I really love that one, especially the Bad Girl routine! Bodybugg said I burned 494 calories which is almost 4x what it would have said had I stuck to the schedule. I know my body needs this recovery week and I plan to pick it back up tomorrow per the schedule which has Fire 30/Stretch 10 and a couple of days of 45 EZ for the rest of the week. Next week...HIIT month...OMG HIIT 30 the mother of all HIIT workouts!

Hope you all are having an awesome Monday!
    Sharon
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm a P90X, Insanity and Brazil Butt Lift grad and just started the TF/CE hybrid today! Stretch 40 was a nice way to start after all the leg and butt workouts I did this weekend!

I look forward to chatting with you all!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Elaine! Welcome to our little corner of the world! So glad you joined and look forward to hearing your success as you work through the hybrid! Are you using the schedule Chalene included in the TF guide or did you create your own?

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Forgot to ask if anyone wants to be my workout buddy in WOWY? If so please send me your information so I can select you!

Thanks.
    Sharon
  • rs1177
    Options
    ok, question for you all! Did you guys follow the scedule that Chalean has in the Turbo Fire book regarding the hybrid, or did you just come up with your own? There are some videos that I can't do with the Turbo Fire because my discs are totatlly scratched! ( i bought it off ebay...and this is what I get! ) Turbo Fire 30 , no good, will not work at all, not matter how much I clean it.

So I'm just wondering if I should make my own schedule and if there are some of you out there who do it what do you suggest?
    Thanks again!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been sorta sticking to the schedule. Instead of doing exactly what it says on each day, I try to get those workouts in during the week. Depending on how much time I have, I'll swap days and move my rest day around. And I'll swap out similar workouts. Like, HIIT 20 and HIIT 25 I'll swap with each other, same with Sculpt 30 and Tone 30. Fire 45EZ and Fire 45. I don't think it's imperative to stick to the schedule to the letter, I've still had a lot of success with it adjusting it a bit.
  • rs1177
    Options
    ok, thanks Sara. I can't wait to see some results from this, I love Chalean's workouts!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    i used the sites schedule as a base but then I tweaked it to suit my needs a little moreI try to do 3 days a week of strength and 5 days of Cardio and 5 days of abs. .
  • WhatAWaist
    Options
    Well I think I am going to go ahead and do the Hybrid starting today. If anyone wants to be a fitness buddy in the WOWY Gym my name on there is WhatAWaist Bama! If I don't see some number whether it is on the scale, inches, or bodyfat% then I will go back to just TF. Good luck to everyone who is doing these workouts. I love them!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Ladies! Ladies! Ladies! I'm baaaaack!!!!! It feels so good to push play again!!! I did Fire 55EZ and Abs 10 and it felt amazing!!!!! However, I'm kind of ticked because my HRM is acting up and not reading my HR correctly because it was pounding! I even tried tightening it and it still didn't work, then as I started to Abs 10, it all of a sudden started reading, what's up with that? Anyway, I know I burned way more calories than it said I did! Grrrrrrr!!!!! I want a BodyBugg!!! Santa?!!!!

I feel like I have so much catching up to do with you girls! Thanks for keeping it going though! You all ROCK!!!!

Welcome to the new girls! We love having new peeps join us on our journey! You've come to the right place for support and motivation!

Rhonda! Hey girl! Welcome! Happy to see you here!

Well, girls, I'll have to come back and go through the posts, it's time for a much needed shower but just wanted to say hello and let you all know that I'm back and raring to go!!!!! Let's do this!!!!

Deb
  • telcochik
    Options
    Deb - Chalene has a 15% coupon for bodybugg available right now if that helps
  • Prixy
    Prixy Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi girls!

I've been doing my own version of the hybrid for almost 2 weeks now, using the CLX strengh training and TF... I basically replaced the core, tone and sculpt and kept doing the 3 days of weight training but with the Turbo Fire scheduled on each day...if you are interested I can email you the excel sheet I have with the hybrid workout...so you can maybe adjust it to your time availability.

Good night everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Prixy if you wouldn't mind sending it to me I'd love to see your schedule. Thanks!
    Sharon
  • rs1177
    Options
    Day 2 of the Hybrid! Yesterday I ended up doing HIIT 20 and stretch 10. This morning I got up extra early and my dvd player decided not to work! I was so mad...so I'm hoping that when I get home from work it will working again, I guess it's time to get another one..it only works when it feels like it! But I do have yoga today here at work lunch time..so I'll get in a little stretching!

But I feel good today! Prixy if you could send me your schedule that would be great! my email is jtm_c@hotmail.com.

Thanks!!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting stuck at work late yesterday (I come in every day for an 8am meeting and try to leave around 5pm, I got stuck til 6pm... grr). I got in an awesome Fire 30 workout though. I haven't done that one in a while since I've been doing Sculpt and Tone when I have 30 minutes to workout, but I had such a good calorie burn that before! I think its because I'm much more familiar with the moves and combos than when I started. I remember a few parts where I would follow Allie for the modified moves and now I NEVER follow her for any of the workouts. The burpees were the ones I'd usually skip, my lame excuse to myself was lack of room in the living room. So now I just turn to face one wall and do them so I don't hit the coffee table.. hahaha.

I thought about doing Abs 10 afterward like the schedule had, but the abs videos hurt my tailbone so much that I'm not going to do them. I've noticed how much my abs get worked in the regular workouts from all the kicking and turning and knees and stuff, and its much less painful that way. Maybe once I've got a flatter stomach and abs become more important I'll try to work in ab workouts. I'm on my last week of the Sculpt/Tone workouts and then its onto the Lean workouts in CLX! I think Tone 30 and HIIT something is on the agenda for tonight :) Tone 30 KICKS MY BUTT! I haven't used it since the resistance band accident, so I'll be EXTRA careful this time. Not doing what I did last time to get hurt...
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi Elaine! Welcome to our little corner of the world! So glad you joined and look forward to hearing your success as you work through the hybrid! Are you using the schedule Chalene included in the TF guide or did you create your own?

Sharon

Planning on using the schedule in the TF guide - I figured why try to reinvent the wheel! :-)
  • tes8612
    tes8612 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just ordered TF and CLX. They are on their way! I can't wait to get started. I'm getting married in May and want to look fabulous! I'm hoping this will keep me focused through the holiday madness. I was so glad to see that there was a thread out here for this. I'm sure I'll need the support. = )
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey Tes - welcome to our little group of shrinking women. We're very supportive of newbies so please join us! If you need anything just ask and feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

Sara - I usually skip the burpees too but today I did both sets during the fire drills! Yay me!

Great job on making it through day 2 of the hybrid RCrew!

So today on the week 16 schedule was Fire 30 and Stretch 10. I tell you what, after working so hard to push through Fire 60, this one was a piece of cake! Bodybugg said I burned 307 calories. I think I prefer shorter Fire workouts as part of a recovery week than stretching. At least I finished with some sweat on my sports bra!

Don't forget to friend me in WOWY Ladies! My username is the same telcochik.

Have an awesome day!
    Sharon
  • gdivant
    gdivant Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a few days behind on the thread - I love that everyone so active. This is one of the only threads I have that has regular comments. I love that! Thank you ladies.

Anyway, welcome to all new ladies. I'm glad you're feeling better Deb. And yes Prixy I'm engaged. We get married in June! :love:

This week in order to jump start the weight loss, I trimmed my daily calories back by 500 & did not have enough energy to go @ level 9 the entire length of the 45 EZ Class workout. Those - "1,2,3,4 - Get Your Body on the Floor" heel kicks & knee raises - killed me! They usually don't. So I guess I'll add a 200 snack preworkout.

Don't worry - cutting back won't hurt me. Taking an honest look at my consumption I was eating an avg. of 1700-1900 cals a day (not including any exercise). And the scale just wasn't moving. I'm cutting down to 1200-1400. Wish me luck! :happy: