Annoying things people on a diet do.

Options

Replies

• Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    When people on diets know that I'm losing weight and say things like "should you really be eating that ice cream sundae?" Yes, yes I should.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    tell everyone they are on a diet
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    People complaining they eating so healthy, not even having snacks, but still not losing any weight!!

I ask how many calories do you eat daily....they stare blankly at me.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I lift weights, and they exclaim "OMG you're going to get bulky and gross!"
    I just laugh usually. I explain to them that nobody got bulky lifting a couple hours a week. Those 'bulky women' you see in competitions worked their ______ off in both training and eating and they shouldn't minimize their accomplishments :)

Agreed- but the so-called "bulk" most people refer to when they say things like that is in reference to the female bodybuilders who are almost certainly not natty.

Either way, they are not gross. :smile:
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Educate me on a "proper diet" because they lost 4 pounds last week and I only lost 38 pounds in the last 6 months.
  • Santasmincepie
    Options
    Get upset when I explain how I lost weight just by reducing my calories and exercising more. Then say they're special or for women it's harder yada yada yada...

I used to get upset about that too, but now I just tell them that I burned calories by masturbating.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    "I plan on losing 250,000 lbs by January 17."
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    "I plan on losing 250,000 lbs by January 17."

Lol yes!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Try to force everyone else to do what they are doing because "it's the right thing".

LOL!

See that a lot on here and not in my real life. lol
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    people that eat special k bars throughout the day because "It's a diet food"
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    People who come to dinner parties and expect the hosts to cater to whatever their diet du jour is. "I can't (won't) eat meat/grains/sugar/fish/anything cooked beyond 114 degrees..."

Eat it. Don't eat it. But don't expect the world to revolve around YOUR food plan.

*standing ovation* ????????????????????
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Educate me on a "proper diet" because they lost 4 pounds last week and I only lost 38 pounds in the last 6 months.

OMG sooo much this. I worked with a couple of women on the 17 Day Diet and they were like "I did this and lost 30 lb back in January and then gained back 25 and now I'm on it again and I've lost 9 lb in the last 10 days"

"So you are down a total of 14 lb since the beginning of the year. Not bad"

"No I've lost 9 lb in just TEN DAYS but this diet has made me lose almost 40 lb this year"

Meanwhile I'd been on MFP for a few months and lost about 20 very slowly. But they informed me that MFP doesn't work, because one of them logged her 17 Day Diet eating for a week and it said she would lose 1 lb and she lost 8 lb. So there!

smh
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Cut out entire foof groups for no good (ie medical) reason.

Pizza is a food group right?

Edit. I meant FOOD not foof!
    What others choose to eat annoys you?

Not in general. But people 'on diets' do tbh

The pizza comment was tongue in cheek.
    I knew the pizza comment was tongue in cheek. Pizza is so good.
    (not a vegetable, but damned good)

I knew you knew. But I wanted to make sure no one was getting offended. Except someone did, but not you and me, eh?
    Indeed.

Dang, was my sarcasm meter broken?

Apologies.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

OMG sooo much this. I worked with a couple of women on the 17 Day Diet and they were like "I did this and lost 30 lb back in January and then gained back 25 and now I'm on it again and I've lost 9 lb in the last 10 days"

"No I've lost 9 lb in just TEN DAYS but this diet has made me lose almost 40 lb this year"

Meanwhile I'd been on MFP for a few months and lost about 20 very slowly. But they informed me that MFP doesn't work, because one of them logged her 17 Day Diet eating for a week and it said she would lose 1 lb and she lost 8 lb. So there!

smh

:laugh:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Weight everything on a food scale down to the gram....... Yeah I do that my fam laughs at me

There is nothing wrong with accurately measuring your food, I've done it and had great results.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

smh

How hard does her brain have to work to make up for the holes in her logic? Oh my goodness.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    •Ask if whatever you are eating will help then lose weight (i.e Bolthouse Farm Smoothie)

•Agonize over the chocolate cake someone left in the break room

•Tell you not to eat that cookie because you will magically gain back all 112 lbs
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    People complaining they eating so healthy, not even having snacks, but still not losing any weight!!

I ask how many calories do you eat daily....they stare blankly at me.

So true! Where I work there is a confused low-carber who loves to talk about low-carb, but when I asked her how many calories she ate a day she told me that with low-carb it didn't matter how much you ate because you didn't have the carbs making you fat.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options

For me? It's when someone insists over and over that their way is the only way, and that my way can't be sustainable. And that they aren't on a diet while they measure and count and weigh every morsel.

What you eat is your diet. :flowerforyou:

The people who deprive themselves tend to be the ones who talk the loudest about their diets and how much they want to eat those forbidden things.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Not in general. But people 'on diets' do tbh

The pizza comment was tongue in cheek.
    I knew the pizza comment was tongue in cheek. Pizza is so good.
    (not a vegetable, but damned good)

I knew you knew. But I wanted to make sure no one was getting offended. Except someone did, but not you and me, eh?
    Indeed.

Dang, was my sarcasm meter broken?

Apologies.

What are you like? :flowerforyou: