so...this is awkward

Options
Lost 30# or so and have joined the world of the living.

Men have suddenly discovered the amazingly sensual creature I am & I have my own theme music.
It plays in my head where ever I go (don't judge me) :huh:

Boys steal glances at me & older (ahem) men of a certain age just outright stare. Apparently, I'm quite the head turner :smokin: No surprise to me of course as I was always a head turning raven haired beauty, it's just that my secret is out now & it's 'red carpet' all the way baby.

Being married kinda puts a damper on the fun this can be, soooo...there's that.

Ladies...what do you do when you get elevator eyes, stares & strangely intent looks?..do you smile back?....glare?....find something incredibly interesting to fuss with?...what?...

Replies

• Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just the type of men I've gotten those looks from ...but usually I get the Creepy McStalker vibe and instantly want to RUN LOL
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty stand offish and unpleasant person in general, so it's the evil eye all the way for me!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've just got to say, I love your writing style and your confidence!:heart:
  • smokeytex74
    Options
    about 15 yrs ago I had started going with my sister as her Designated Driver to the bars to dance. I went from a size 16/18 to a size 10/12 in about 6 months.. I have never thought of myself as sexy, beautiful, etc.. but when I lost the inches I got those reactions and they so unnerved me :noway: and felt that they weren't seeing the real me, what was inside, and it actually made me mad :mad: .. so I glared back like WTH are you looking at :explode: . That will be something I will have to work on this time :bigsmile:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    LOL I love your writing style too!

You'll get used to it and after awhile will stop noticing them.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's only teenagers creeping on me. No need for me to ward off people my own age. Heaven forbid they hit on me. =(
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I look down and slink away like I've just been accused of stealing something.

If someone talks to me, I stammer and flee.

But I still like it.

Maybe since I'm single I should try that theme music thing. Might help me come out of this shell a bit and start dating again!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know :laugh: I assume if anyone is staring at me it's because I've said something inappropriate or have something on my face. :drinker:
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    In an elevator, blush and stare at my feet. If walking, wait until they are past (or I am past them, whatever), and grin like a loon. :bigsmile:

Congrats on your accomplishments!!!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You could always be a bold and brazen hussy ..... lick your lips and wink at them. Men get scared if you're too overt :tongue:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Glow and hold my head up high - which makes me look even better. Don't make eye contact. Flash my wedding ring.

It feels great. Love the head turns.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I act as awkwardly as I can, but it really comes naturally.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm usually polite. Takes the form of a slight flirt if they're appealing, or a straight no thanks if someone not my type propositions me.
    I'm happily married so it's all for confidence boosting and nothing more.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I start biting the string on my jacket and stare.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you have theme music in your head, I do the same thing!! :laugh:

I get more creepy stares than "sensual looks" but you rock that bod girl!!

Happy for you success and I wish you much more! :flowerforyou:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    This is funny! I have a friendly and bubbly disposition so I attract all kinds of people...even moreso with the weight loss. I try to remain polite but avoid eye contact and keep it moving. This does not work all of time with the aggressive men and women, but I try my best. lol

Any smiles or eye contact seems to give off a vibe that it's an open invitation to start a conversation. I'm happily taken. :)
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I know you were only asking women, but us guys have the same problem.

I carry a large nightstick to beat them off with. But some of them like that so it just compounds my problem.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I start biting the string on my jacket and stare.

It worked on me
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Use MFP to find a guy that lives 7 states away, fall in love with him, convince him to move to your state, and then tell him you're married.

I've heard it works n stuff. From science n shiz.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If they're not rude or creepy about it (like outright catcalling) then I usually just laugh or smile. One time I wore a dress that was a bit busty to the movies (with my husband!!!), and a man stared with his mouth literally hanging open until his wife elbowed him in the side. How can you not laugh at that! It can be a nice little confidence boost to turn heads. :)

Of course I've experienced the more negative type as well, and that's not fun. So it definitely depends on the person's demeanor!