so...this is awkward

Options

Replies

• tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    In an elevator, blush and stare at my feet. If walking, wait until they are past (or I am past them, whatever), and grin like a loon. :bigsmile:

Congrats on your accomplishments!!!

^^This
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Like totally! I have to beat them off with a stick now... annoying!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I may have to try the theme music in my head, a little boost of confidence to enter a room could be good.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I maintain eye contact with a straight face until they awkwardly look away. I don't get asked out much. Can't help it.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wow.

I've always believed that, if you are proud of an achievement and benefits that come with it, it is okay to say what you are celebrating. But if you disguise it as a problem to complain about it publicly for the attention, can you still consider it an accomplishment?
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Heh. It totally depends on the situation, but mostly I'm shy and awkward, so I avert my eyes and usually blush like crazy.

However, for some reason, if it is creepy, or a dude is outright gropetastic, then I have a bit of sarcastic bite.

Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • sausens
    sausens Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just the type of men I've gotten those looks from ...but usually I get the Creepy McStalker vibe and instantly want to RUN LOL

this
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I act as awkwardly as I can, but it really comes naturally.

^^ this for me too! :blushing:
  • LizLearnstoRun
    LizLearnstoRun Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    about 15 yrs ago I had started going with my sister as her Designated Driver to the bars to dance. I went from a size 16/18 to a size 10/12 in about 6 months.. I have never thought of myself as sexy, beautiful, etc.. but when I lost the inches I got those reactions and they so unnerved me :noway: and felt that they weren't seeing the real me, what was inside, and it actually made me mad :mad: .. so I glared back like WTH are you looking at :explode: . That will be something I will have to work on this time :bigsmile:

this a lot... or i just wonder what they are looking at... but i also work in a public library its always the slightly creepy and wiffy ones that openly stare or ask if I am of legal age
  • JenniP0926
    JenniP0926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm generally rather oblivious to male attention, or female attention for that matter. My husband and friends usually notice before I do when I get the eye. I've begun to notice,however, that I subconsciously notice the attention and begin every sentence with "my husband..." and make sure my wedding ring is noticeable. If men continue talking to me with all of that out there, I'm an outrageous flirt. I smile and make small talk, then walk off with my husband. I don't, however, accept drinks from men, or let them get too close to me.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    bwIMXTK.gif

Lmfao. Hilarious gif. I love that you have your own theme music in your own head! We think alike. :smile:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I maintain eye contact with a straight face until they awkwardly look away. I don't get asked out much. Can't help it.

Aye baby. You wanna go out? I'll treat you to a fancy McDonald's meal. And if you're lucky, we'll go back the next morning for breakfast. Nomimsayin. :wink:
    Wow.

I've always believed that, if you are proud of an achievement and benefits that come with it, it is okay to say what you are celebrating. But if you disguise it as a problem to complain about it publicly for the attention, can you still consider it an accomplishment?

*slow clap*
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OP you are awesome!

I usually just give a tight little smile and turn my eyes away. They kind of get the hint that i'm not interested after that.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I usually laugh. Either out of nervousness, or because I think it's ridiculous.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Hehe, one time I was at the recycling place, picking up the cash, while my husband waited in the car. I had the sense that the guy behind me was checking out my bum, but I didn't turn around or anything … when I got back to the car, I asked my husband if he saw it. He said he did and yes, the guy was checking me out. The funny thing is, he wasn't jealous, he was proud of it! I think he knows I'm all his, so doesn't mind other guys appreciating what he has. Oh dear, does that make me sound like a possession? :laugh:
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If it's an admiring look, I smile and enjoy it.

If it's leering, I glare.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hehe, one time I was at the recycling place, picking up the cash, while my husband waited in the car. I had the sense that the guy behind me was checking out my bum, but I didn't turn around or anything … when I got back to the car, I asked my husband if he saw it. He said he did and yes, the guy was checking me out. The funny thing is, he wasn't jealous, he was proud of it! I think he knows I'm all his, so doesn't mind other guys appreciating what he has. Oh dear, does that make me sound like a possession? :laugh:

Ha ha. My husband is the same way. Doesn't bother him at all. I think hes proud :drinker:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It depends on who's looking. If I think they are attractive I will make eye contact, grin, and keep walking. If they are strange and creepy, I stare at the ground and try not to look at them.

So the formula is... Unattractive people = strange and creepy. Attractive people = hot. Even if they are doing the same things.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    It depends on who's looking. If I think they are attractive I will make eye contact, grin, and keep walking. If they are strange and creepy, I stare at the ground and try not to look at them.

So the formula is... Unattractive people = strange and creepy. Attractive people = hot. Even if they are doing the same things.

Yes.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Ladies...what do you do when you get elevator eyes, stares & strangely intent looks?..do you smile back?....glare?....find something incredibly interesting to fuss with?...what?...

Sometimes I smile, sometimes I gurn, sometimes I raise an eyebrow: :huh: