so...this is awkward

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I look right back at them lustfully and pretend I'm holding on to a pair of hips as I hump the air in front of me. This usually makes them avert their eyes and walk away quickly.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I assume "elevator eyes" are the ones that go up and down?

It doesn't happen to me any more, but when it did I would look away and ignore it. If someone cute tried to chat me up I would get all flustered and trip, bump into something, drop something (usually breaking it or otherwise causing a big mess to awkwardly pick up) or find some urgent reason that I had to immediately leave the area. Being shy is awesome.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It depends on who's looking. If I think they are attractive I will make eye contact, grin, and keep walking. If they are strange and creepy, I stare at the ground and try not to look at them.

So the formula is... Unattractive people = strange and creepy. Attractive people = hot. Even if they are doing the same things.

Yes.

Next question... What makes someone attractive?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I look right back at them lustfully and pretend I'm holding on to a pair of hips as I hump the air in front of me. This usually makes them avert their eyes and walk away quickly.

I haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I assume "elevator eyes" are the ones that go up and down?

It doesn't happen to me any more, but when it did I would look away and ignore it. If someone cute tried to chat me up I would get all flustered and trip, bump into something, drop something (usually breaking it or otherwise causing a big mess to awkwardly pick up) or find some urgent reason that I had to immediately leave the area. Being shy is awesome.

I looked up and down your profile pic.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    bwIMXTK.gif

LOL! Yes! This.

Not to my goal yet, but when a guy paid my tab at a bar the other day, this was my exact reaction. Never had that happen before.

THE WHOLE TAB?! Daaayyyummmm guuurrrllll. I've had them buy me a drink, but not the whole night's worth!
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    It depends on who's looking. If I think they are attractive I will make eye contact, grin, and keep walking. If they are strange and creepy, I stare at the ground and try not to look at them.

So the formula is... Unattractive people = strange and creepy. Attractive people = hot. Even if they are doing the same things.

Yep...seems that's how the women, in general, see it.

I'm surprised a bit at how flirtatious and teasing most on here seem to be (from the thread replies), especially the married women.
    I don't think most women realize how practically any response at all that's anything other than outright negative is an encouragement to most guys for them to continue the pursuit.
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Takes notes to try THIS ^^^^ next time I'm out :laugh:

In all honesty I am socially awkward and the last night out I had with friends they told me off for using my F%^K off face everytime a guy went to approach us or give us the stare.. oooops
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

I'm surprised a bit at how flirtatious and teasing most on here seem to be (from the thread replies), especially the married women.
    I don't think most women realize how practically any response at all that's anything other than outright negative is an encouragement to most guys for them to continue the pursuit.

I dunno...I've not responded in an encouraging way (being too stunned to respond) and it did nothing to stop the other party.
    5c3a84cb0b49ff0fd038da208592a08bd493cfcec5211135206feef1615b388f.jpg
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

We're married, not dead. :) how YOU doin?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been?

here and there :flowerforyou:
  • golfmanwl
    Options

So what's the purpose of flirting with a man other than your husband?
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    I dunno...I've not responded in an encouraging way (being too stunned to respond) and it did nothing to stop the other party.

That just proves my point that if you respond in any way other than bordering on unfriendly - even to neutral like you did -that anything not outright negative will only encourage most guys.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

That just proves my point that if you respond in any way other than bordering on unfriendly - even to neutral like you did -that anything not outright negative will only encourage most guys.

Even ignoring them?

There is no good reason for a woman to flirt with any man beside her husband, other than to feed her ego.
  • Cass0208
    Cass0208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I thought I was the only one who did that haha.

But its usually only if I go out and feel good about myself.
    If I feel bad and get those looks, its all about the death stare. Ill work on that
    haha.
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    Even ignoring them?

There is no good reason for a woman to flirt with any man beside her husband, other than to feed her ego.

IMHO, ignoring them would be more like a negative reaction as opposed to a neutral one.

And I agree with the 2nd part - no reason for a married woman to flirt with other men. And, again IMHO, for one to do so only to feed her ego is an incredibly selfish act. Plus, her husband should be the one feeding her ego...she shouldn't need, or want, that attention from other men.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I mak eye contact and smile. Being appreciated is flattering, not scary or insulting.

PLUS, I like to think that I made his day a little brighter, thinking that the girl he was checking out actually showed (faked) interest.

Completely agree with this comment! Smile, say something nice and keep moving. It's nice to make people happy :) even if just for a fleeting moment.
  • hookilau
    Options

So what's the purpose of flirting with a man other than your husband?

None I suppose...other than connecting with another human being & not necessarily in a sexual manner. There's flirting & then there's FlirTTinG :laugh: I personally don't sweat it & *do* enjoy the compliment when I'm quick enough to realize what's happening in that fleeting moment.

Crank up the music & live a little :blushing:
  • hookilau
    Options
    I mak eye contact and smile. Being appreciated is flattering, not scary or insulting.

PLUS, I like to think that I made his day a little brighter, thinking that the girl he was checking out actually showed (faked) interest.

Completely agree with this comment! Smile, say something nice and keep moving. It's nice to make people happy :) even if just for a fleeting moment.

Absolutely! :drinker:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Isn't there a middle ground between flirtatious and negative-like friendly acknowledgment but non-encouraging?