Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I gained 4lbs in December and have lost 0.6lb of it so far. :)
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    As of today I am about 2 lbs up from what I was before Christmas. However, at that point, I was at the low end of my maintenance window, and this puts me back in the middle... basically I like to keep my weight between 170 and 175, and I am currently 172.

Over the holidays I kept up my exercise as much as possible (couldn't do as much resistance work as I normally do), and was reasonable about my portions most days. My worst day was New Year's Eve, mainly due to the libations.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I dropped a few over the holidays. It was a ****ty few weeks. I didn't eat much.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Pretty much maintained give or take a couple of pounds considering.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Gained five pounds :noway:
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I gained 8. THERE, I said it.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5 lbs. since before Thanksgiving. Most of which was tasty alcohol drinks :) I had totally planned on going up with a free-for-all in that time frame so it's all good. Time to go back to best behavior and it will come off :)
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    4 damn lbs. Not surprised though, went completely overboard on bread, spinach dip, peanut brittle, carmels and pizza. Thought I could control most of the intake but once I started, I just said, oh the hell with it and ate like a fiend for about a week. Now back to portion control and cognitive eating. Plan to be down the 4 and another 2 by end of Jan!!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 lbs over the holidays and I don't think that's "terrible". I knew that I was going to gain weight over the holidays. In my family, food = love. The more food that you get other people to eat, the more you love them. And vice versa, the more food that you eat from their offering, the more that you love them. It's a sick cycle, I know. But who am I to change family tradition passed down the generations?

Plus, I know that with going back to my normal eating routine, I'll lose it within a week or two or three. No biggie.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Only 1 honestly (and that might not even be true... it's that fun time of the month to be a woman). I derailed long before Christmas and wasn't logging at all, but I kept pretty active over the holidays. A couple of trips to Sky Zone definitely helped!
  • sausens
    sausens Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I gained 1lbs, but then again it was my that time of month, so might as well have been just bloating. At least the weight's going down again since today!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was shocked that I did not gain any weight. I ate lousy and whatever I wanted, but I did change up my exercise routine during that time so that might have helped me to not gain. Whatever the reason, I'm happy about it
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at a scale nor log a single item between Thanksgiving and New Years... Result = +10lbs
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    7. That's right 7.
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    10 pounds from 15 Nov until today. I'll call that a win. I ate and drank without guilt or worrying abour recourse. I had a happy holiday season (Birthday, Anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year).

I REGRET NOTHING!!!
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I LOST 2lbs over the Christmas holidays, total of 4-5lbs in December actually. But I've been working out like mad for the last few months so my tdee is high enough that I only ever managed to eat more than I burn, once. Being a bit under everyday helped me keep momentum, as did keeping with a lighter version of my fitness schedule. Gluten intolerance made it really easy to resist most of the junk since it just wasnt worth being sick for days afterward...
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Haven't weighed myself yet but I'm down an inch on the hips. I'll take that victory.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    2.2lbs gained .... it was cheese ... lots and lots of cheese ... and cookies .... and cheese ... and chocolate ... and cheese....
  • glitchypixels
    glitchypixels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 and then 2 more when I got back home from being out of state. Sigh. So 5 in total.
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    One month of "freedom" cost me 7 pounds!! That said, I did it fully well knowing that I would be gaining and that I would just reset today and get back at it. I have been pretty relaxed for a couple months and just maintaining, so it was good to live with abandon for a month, get it out of my system, and now to leave cleanly again. Looks like we will be gluten free for a bit as my husband and I suspect he has a major gluten intolerance. One day of eating without gluten (yesterday) left him feeling much better after each meal. So, in solidarity, I will join him!