Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did not gain but truthfully was pretty in control
    over the holidays because I was afraid of returning to bad habits. I hope
    I will be able to get to a point where things are less rigid but I am still in the
    infancy of this weight loss effort and do not trust myself. I applaud all
    that have such a strong resolve to get back on track-that is awesome!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    8 lbs, but I am hoping most is water weight!
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I lost 11lbs over the holidays, didn't gain anything. Although I attribute this to having all my friends and family living 1,000 miles away. No parties to go to and no one gifting me cookies. I could keep my focus on my goals without getting off track! :smile:
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Lost a few lbs.

Didn't deviate from daily calories. Treated it like any other day.
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Even with running 5 miles most days between Thanksgiving and Christmas I'm up 5 lbs. Too much sugar around for me to resist. Back to a normal eating routine now....
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Between Christmas and now, about ten pounds. Not many inches, though, so Thank God for that.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    5 pounds up, but all the candy and cookies are gone now, and I had a nice session at the weight room this morning. I've been maintaining for a while, and I have it set in my mind to reeeally stick to my deficit now and go down another 15.
  • nonnie35750
    nonnie35750 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and was up 2.5 lbs since Dec. 23rd. I'm not surprised as I over-indulged during the holidays. Not to mention the lack of exercise. It really makes me mad at myself; but it's the new year and I'm ready to get it going again. I've worked too hard for the past 12 months and don't want to ruin it now.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the posts, but I think I win.... I weigh 10 pounds more this morning than I did the week before Thanksgiving. I was not happy, but those pounds will come back off.

The bad part is today's weight was a few pounds less than Monday morning.... Damn holidays....
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I thought I did a pretty good job logging all my foods over the holiday, eating well below my calorie allotment on the day before Christmas so I could indulge more on the day of the big feast, but I gained just over 2 lbs anyway. The difference? I believe it was two things: 1. more restaurant food = more sodium, and 2. I was still eating at TDEE-20% but getting almost no exercise. Fortunately I'm almost back to where I was before I gained, so I can start seeing more downward progress again.
  • Wolfeaj19
    Wolfeaj19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Gained 2.5 lb with no food tracking over most of December, and letting myself eat whatever I wanted.
    Not good, but not too bad. Time to kick the nutrition portion into gear and drop some pounds.
  • duckgirlpdx
    Options
    I'm up at least 5 lbs. Bleh. Back at it today!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've put on just under 4 lbs...as of this morning (I did eat food with high sodium yesterday) and weigh in is tomorrow, so we will see. But I'm happy it wasn't a lot more because it sure could have been with all the food that was available between Christmas and New Year's.

I'm getting myself back on track starting today!
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    2.6 lbs here, but I've lost the 2 already (I think it was mostly water weight from all the salt) and I'm sure I'll be back on track by my next weigh-in day (the 7th). I hope to be back at the weight I was before xmas by then or maybe even .2 or .4 below. That would be nice! I don't feel so bad about it, I don't think I overindulged too much and I enjoyed myself.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I actually lost, 6.5 pounds. And I don't have a clue how it happened. O.o
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    3.8 lbs :D
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    No gains!

Technically I have lost weight since Christmas, but that has more to do with weight fluctuations than anything.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I got a stomach bug and lost 5 lbs lol.
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I fluctuated a lot from Thanksgiving to New Year's but overall a two pounds gain. I'm pleasantly surprised considering the level of my overindulgences.
  • txteva
    txteva Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    0.6 kg (1lb) so I'm dead chuffed - I thought it would be much higher... course it could still catch up on me