Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Nerd lifter here. :drinker:
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't play D&D (or any video games) but I think I make up for it....NOVA is my favorite TV program. I could stay home all day watching it on Amazon Prime, if it didn't carry the very-high risk of my boyfriend committing suicide.

LUL. Sounds like my house. Do you get strange glares too?

+1
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I once read a book.

Good enough?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I heard this was the place to come get lunch money.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Good lawd....OUT

I'm not sure how much of this is orchestrated nerdery or how much is genuine.
    Not sure if relevant.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Apart from dropping things like de novo lipogenesis into conversations randomly, I am not actually particularly socially awkward at all.

*takes nerd socks and leaves*

I'm not socially awkward either. I'm actually pretty socially awesome. *slinks off*

Again, hallmark, not prerequisite. Although damn, the sensitivity and pedantry of nerddom, you have in spades.

Apparently joking does not work in nerddom. Sorry about that. Will remember it for next time.

No one gave you the handbook?
    SENSITIVITY AND PEDANTRY.

Apparently not as I have no idea of the point you are making.
    Oh, for heaven's sake, it's glaringly obvious that he was referring to the person who replied to *your* post, not to you. *insert sheldon gif here*

No, not it was not. Her post was the same as mine...for heaven's sake!
    This could have been avoided if English had a separate plural for "you." Let's blame the linguists!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Nope, you may be able to outrun us, but we'll throw heavy things at you!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    ogre-nerds.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    This could have been avoided if English had a separate plural for "you." Let's blame the linguists!

You's guys?
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5sxsq.gif

Someone linked to a GIF maker and the above was in the "HOT NEW GIFS" section. It made me laugh.

Anyway, I'm Scott. I'm an accountant and I started SL5x5 about 6/7 weeks ago :)
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nerd here as well. Data Engineer by day, Brazilian jiu jitsu brownbelt, mountain biker, and strength trainer by night.

Theres a lot of equations and numbers involved with health and fitness, and I think a lot of Nerds gravitate towards it once they get a taste. And brazilian jiu jitsu is nothing more than athletic chess.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, we're all so intimidated by your Sound Of Music meets Star Wars avatar!

TAKE MY LUNCH MONEY, PLEASE!
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Nerd here as well. Data Engineer by day, Brazilian jiu jitsu brownbelt, mountain biker, and strength trainer by night.

Theres a lot of equations and numbers involved with health and fitness, and I think a lot of Nerds gravitate towards it once they get a taste. And brazilian jiu jitsu is nothing more than athletic chess.

Big achievement becoming a brownbelt!

What's your lineage?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me go mainstream
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Apart from dropping things like de novo lipogenesis into conversations randomly, I am not actually particularly socially awkward at all.

*takes nerd socks and leaves*

I'm not socially awkward either. I'm actually pretty socially awesome. *slinks off*

Again, hallmark, not prerequisite. Although damn, the sensitivity and pedantry of nerddom, you have in spades.

Apparently joking does not work in nerddom. Sorry about that. Will remember it for next time.

No one gave you the handbook?
    SENSITIVITY AND PEDANTRY.

Apparently not as I have no idea of the point you are making.
    Oh, for heaven's sake, it's glaringly obvious that he was referring to the person who replied to *your* post, not to you. *insert sheldon gif here*

No, not it was not. Her post was the same as mine...for heaven's sake!

Um... Y'all. Duh.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Well, to be fair, sir, it does. :angry: The plural is "you". It just so happens that "thou" has fallen out of favor.
  • kanens
    kanens Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm worse than a nerd I'm a World of Warcraft nerd as well :bigsmile:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    <-- pipeline engineer who lifts (and looks cute for NYE festivities). My lifting pics are in my profile.
  • SushiPunk
    SushiPunk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No lifting photos, but I love to workout listening to some nerd tunes like Smooth Mcgroove, Powerglove, Minibosses and anime and game soundtracks. I've tried the reading a book on the treadmill thing, but could never get the hang of it. Cosplay, gaming, going to cons and sci-fi are some of my free time hobbies.
  • ukulelist
    ukulelist Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In support of the original post: I work at a software company, and we have a gym at work (which is awesome). A bit ago they invited people to come to a focus group about how to improve the fitness classes and facilities so I went of course, there were probably about 8 of us there, about even mix of gender, all geeks obviously.

Now, granted, there was a little bias because these were the 8 nerds who self-selected to come to a focus group about the fitness facilities, but it cracked me up as we went around the table on the "what could we improve" question and one after another all the guy and lady nerds said "Well, more squat racks." "Yeah, definitely more squat racks." "Yep, those are always filled up."

If this isn't evidence that nerds like weight lifting, I don't know what is :) Well either that, or evidence that people hang out in the squat rack all day. Both?

(I would post evidence of my own lifting cred and/or nerd cred, but I'm too embarrassed by my poor form, scantily loaded barbell, and chopped-off head in the one squats video I took months ago, and by my expansion-skipping mid-300s ilvl :( I'm planning on taking a better video soon.)

(Happy ending: they put in a third squat rack a few months later ^_^)