Replies

• jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Eat better food
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    by the wat ie lost 46 pounds in 4 months doing this so you cant tell me it doesnt work

No one is saying that it doesn't work..just that it's not necessary.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    oh and drink at least half your body weight in water!!

Dear lord DON'T do this!! You'll end up hyponatremic and give yourself heart failure. (Terri Schiavo anyone????)

Eight glasses of water is fine. More if you exercise heavily or are in a hot climate.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    by the wat ie lost 46 pounds in 4 months doing this so you cant tell me it doesnt work

and i lost over 100 pounds without giving up pizza or ice cream...so you can't tell me THAT doesn't work.
  • deasiya
    deasiya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    seriously? your body is made up of 70 percent water. doctors recommendation is to drink that much look it up
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    seriously? your body is made up of 70 percent water. doctors recommendation is to drink that much look it up

You made the claim, YOU look it up.
  • deasiya
    Options
    i disagree, and i am much healthier overall.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    if you let it be. frozen yogurt would be a much better choice and you can make way healthier pizza then that crap they sell in stores.

Wait a second, I thought we weren't allowed to have pizza because it was unhealthy.
  • herheighness
    Options
    I eat what I want, just healthier amounts. I've lost 53lbs by eating less (of the same foods) and moving more. Simply, that's all there is to it.
  • deasiya
    Options
    i already have lol, thats why i made that claim
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    No, you don't need to cut any foods out unless you have some sort of sensitivity to it. You just need a calorie deficit. There are many ways to achieve a calorie deficit. You can avoid exercise and lose weight just with your diet, you can eat less and exercise and lose weight, you can fast some days and eat regularly the other days and lose weight, all that matters is that a calorie deficit is created and you WILL lose weight, barring any medical problems.

Def check out the sexypants link posted.

I've tried diet alone, and vastly prefer diet + exercise to lose weight because I get to eat more and like how my body looks with the exercise. You can have ice cream and pizza, but while you are losing you can look into low calorie alternatives to your fav "bad" foods. I have made low cal muffins, brownies, and cheesecake that make indulging fit easier into my lower calorie goal. The recipes section of the forums is a great place to find these.

You can still eat pizza too - Try a thin crust pizza instead of a deep dish, or just have less slices than you normally would.

You can still eat ice cream.. Just save up the calories for a single serving and make sure you weigh it. Mmm...

Good luck!
  • wheird
    Options
    i already have lol, thats why i made that claim

You're making a claim without backing it up. Lol.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

so i guess both ways work! i lost 90 pounds in 2013, and i ate anything i wanted!

!!!!! Say what? 90? Really? Geeeeze. I was good to get 30. Well, if I had kept with it, I could have reached 90 -minus the plateau. What did you do to lose it that quick? Just butt your butt during exercise or strictly watching what you eat? (You look fit so I'm guessing exercising. lol.)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I recommend that you eat enough each day to give your body proper nutrition and then don't eat any more. Do that more days than not and you'll lose weight. It's important to live your life and I feel its important to not have a diet attitude but rather adopt a mindset regarding food choices that you can live with forever. Add exercise, adequate sleep and lots of water. Good luck!
  • deasiya
    Options
    i saying if you want to add that to your lifestyle. theres a black bean pizza that is really healthy for you i meant the stuf you buy at like dominos and pizza hut, but you guys are adults and can do whatever you want. she asked for advice and i gave mine just as you are doing. she can decided to do what she likes. :)
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    wtf_zps1606064c.gif

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

^^should help with the water issue^^
  • wheird
    Options
    For fun, here is the Mayo Clinic on water intake.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/water/ART-20044256

How much water do you need?

Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.

So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

Also, how much water you should drink is directly affected by both your activity and environmental factors, not to mention person rates of perspiration.

Soo....Boom.
  • amosmoses88
    Options
    oh and drink at least half your body weight in water!! super important. as far as exercises go walking is the best thing you can do for your body. you want to eat healthy first then do more exercising. 1 step at a time. plus eating good is 90% of weight only 10% is exercise

I've seen this EVERYWHERE. Chris Powell LIVES by the water. I swear he's a fish. But there's no way I can do that many ounces. lol. Geeeeeeeze. But, you should drink a lot. I agree.
  • wheird
    Options
    i saying if you want to add that to your lifestyle. theres a black bean pizza that is really healthy for you i meant the stuf you buy at like dominos and pizza hut, but you guys are adults and can do whatever you want. she asked for advice and i gave mine just as you are doing. she can decided to do what she likes. :)

What is wrong with the stuff at Pizza Hut and Dominos?
  • amosmoses88
    Options
    Drinking nothing but water alongside my calories only being 1200 (I realize now this is WAY too low) I lost 10lbs the first week or two. BUT, that's too fast and you don't want that because I was sick, VERY sick with it. But drinking nothing but water helps. And the more water you drink, the less water you retain, which means the less sodium your body keep...WHICH MEANS LESS SWELLING AND BLOATING.......WHICH MEANS SMALLER NUMBERS ON THE SCALE! So yeah, drink lots of water. WATER WATER WATER!