Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking to add people on 1200 calories a day

Replies

• jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Good Luck all. I tried eating at 1200 when I first joined...Found that 1400 is better for me and a little more when I exercise...And I never feel hungry
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    eating 2000 cals per day

livin' la vida loca

Weeeee this is fun
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Strange people on more calories don't need support. Wonder why.
  • Just getting started today, not quite sure what to eat for 1200 calories but you can add me.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    I also do 1200 calories. I am new so hope I am doing this right.

There are some very experienced MFP's here, who are willing to adopt a newbie. Check this thread...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread

No need to 'hope' you are doing it right.... you can post your stats, and people would be glad to help you figure out your calorie goals. Don't just grab a random # out of a hat.
  • tommienana
    tommienana Posts: 13 Member
    I have just re started myself & on a 1200 calorie a day plan . You can add me :-)
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Here' scan interesting article you all should read on the subject that provides a little more food for thought. Just an FYI and well worth a look:

http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-diet/1200-calories/
  • I lost most of my weight on 1550 NET calories (ie 1750 or so total a day). I was never hungry, never fell off the wagon, didn't lose a bunch of muscle mass, and didn't regain the weight like so many do.

Read the sexy-pants link as well as this one:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
    or the short n sweet version here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

1200 calories is not enough for 95% of you guys. It's unhealthy and hard to maintain. Damaging your metabolisms by losing muscle is NOT a good thing, and you will be unhappy to boot! Do it the right way once, rather than the fast way over and over and over...and over...

I understand what some of you are trying to say, and I'm not naive about calorie amounts and how much I could be eating, but I have tried eating more and it didn't make me feel good. When I'm dieting and I have an extra few hundred calories it's too easy for me to use them on junk food.
    1200 is quite strict and therefore it is easier for me to choose healthier filling foods rather than thinking I have enough calories for a chocolate bar each day and having it. You may say it's fine to have a chocolate bar, and believe me I have bad food now and again, but I don't want to consistently have times where I ruin a perfectly healthy day by eating something crap in the evening. Which makes me feel bloated and gross. 1200 works for ME
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I NET 1350 calories per day. I'm 5'1'' & looking to lose maybe another 10lbs. I have an open diary & log daily.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    i cant do 1200 but i think that is because i eat like *kitten*. If i ate healthier it would probably be feasible. Since you look so close to your goal perhaps you could eat closer to maintenance? Sanity is priceless after all.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Strange people on more calories don't need support. Wonder why.

I know. :laugh:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I lost most of my weight on 1550 NET calories (ie 1750 or so total a day). I was never hungry, never fell off the wagon, didn't lose a bunch of muscle mass, and didn't regain the weight like so many do.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

1200 calories is not enough for 95% of you guys. It's unhealthy and hard to maintain. Damaging your metabolisms by losing muscle is NOT a good thing, and you will be unhappy to boot! Do it the right way once, rather than the fast way over and over and over...and over...

I understand what some of you are trying to say, and I'm not naive about calorie amounts and how much I could be eating, but I have tried eating more and it didn't make me feel good. When I'm dieting and I have an extra few hundred calories it's too easy for me to use them on junk food.
    1200 is quite strict and therefore it is easier for me to choose healthier filling foods rather than thinking I have enough calories for a chocolate bar each day and having it. You may say it's fine to have a chocolate bar, and believe me I have bad food now and again, but I don't want to consistently have times where I ruin a perfectly healthy day by eating something crap in the evening. Which makes me feel bloated and gross. 1200 works for ME

I would suggest you develop a better relationship with food. There are no "bad" foods.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Duplicate
  • I'm down with 1200 calories a day! Let's do this!!
  • MrsJS5
    MrsJS5 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm on 1200 a day. I just eat healthy food and eat about 5 meals a day and I haven't had any problems. I have a pretty active job (I stand all day and have to handle 14 year old boys) and I work out and I feel great!
  • -ignore-
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    I lost most of my weight on 1550 NET calories (ie 1750 or so total a day). I was never hungry, never fell off the wagon, didn't lose a bunch of muscle mass, and didn't regain the weight like so many do.

I would suggest you develop a better relationship with food. There are no "bad" foods.
    I'm curious what constitutes a "bad" food.
  • jaimeleepointon
    jaimeleepointon Posts: 1 Member
    I am also on 1200 a day, been doing it for a month and haven't seen any weight loss...am sticking to it though. The program told me 1200 is what i should be eating based on my sedentary job, but 1200 is so little I feel hungry most of the time. Guess that's the point, but it's hard! I could do with some support, please.
  • I would suggest you develop a better relationship with food. There are no "bad" foods.

No but there are foods I'd rather not eat frequently
  • bsjuskidn
    bsjuskidn Posts: 1 Member
    I am trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet, and I too had a bad December! Would love to have some support and see what others are eating! I also had gastric sleeve surgery in February of 2013 so my portions are smaller. But will have a struggle with food for life, so every little bit of support helps!:flowerforyou: