NOVEMBER- 30 day shred

Replies

• Day 12 complete! It wasn't as bad as yesterday, now that I knew what to expect.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    I was suppose to start Lvl 2 yesterday but I fell asleep so I didnt get any exercise in yesterday. So, I started lvl 2 today and it was a GOOD workout. I had to take a couple of 10-15 second breaks because my shoulders were burning.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Just finished day 10 I had to take my rest day early I felt like I was coming down with something yesterday and was sent home from work with a fever but I felt much better today so back at it.

To answer the weight question I use 5 pounds weights b/c thats what I have at home and the squat press and the last weight exercise in circuit 3 of level one kill me with those but I muddle through it :P
  • loveme445
    I know this is probably a stupid question but what size weights are recommended with the 30 day shred? I have 5 lb weights and can barely get through some of the exercises? Thanks in advance.

Heather

Never a stupid question, if you dont know something u have to ask....I use 5 lb weights and I have to put them down sometimes because I cant handle it.
  • loveme445
    Hi, what are you all recording this as on the exercise data thing ?? Would love to know how many calories they estimate it burns x

I log 30 Day Shred as Circuit Training
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    day 9 of lvl 1 done. one more day of level 1 and I'll start lvl 2 on Sunday
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Managed day 8 this morning, can't believe I'll be on Level 2 next week!!!!!!
    I'm soooooooooo close to ONEderland. Haven't taken any measurements since starting the shred, but am hoping to when I've finished level1.
  • Oh my freaking goodness.

Did day one of level 2 yesterday and day two today.

I actually had an asthma attack just before the end of day one, I wasn't able to do the last minute of abs because of it - had to pause and drink some water and walk around for 5-10 minutes... still did my cool down though. I can't remember the last time I had a problem with asthma, I used a puffer as a kid.

Today I did more of the strength reps than I was able to do yesterday already, and no asthma attack haha I can't wait to be done at the end of this 10 days! After 30 my body is going to be so much fitter, I'm so excited! I'm really scared about level 3 now hehehe
  • Where did the week go.... haven't done a workout since Tuesday....NOT GOOD! Life is getting in the way :(
    Back to the grind tomorrow. Weighed in today and was up 1.9lbs. Hoping is from the stress and lack of exercise the past few days. Lots of steps walking around the hospital but that all..... Here's to a better week. Tomorrow I WILL do day 6 level 1. No excuses!

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work!

i havent dont the shred in probably a week! ahh :( ive been working out but i cant find myself to do the dvd!! :(
  • I did Day 13, Level 2 today. It was much better knowing what to expect. Still really hard, but I'm starting to feel like it's all worth it. I'm feeling tighter. I may be mistaking it for soreness heehee :blushing:
  • LilynEdensmom
    Day 11 done...I"m still doing level 1 b/c the others haven't came up on demand yet, but I'm trying to get through the whole thing without even stopping (sometimes I have to breathe) or putting the weights down.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    I just completed day 9, one more day and i am on level 2.

Anyone having knee pain ???? I am pretty good at completing everything, except the lunges are hard on my knees. Also the 30 second cardio , jumping jacks , jump rope etc. Thats the hardest for me, i almost got it tonight without stopping, its hard, thats the hardest one...i can do jumping jacks, and then jump rope and back to jumping jacks, but the last jump robe is terrible. What ist he hardest move for you all ?

Anyways, if you guys still want me to do the chart for the first 10 days please send me ur current measurements so that i can complete the chart for the first 10 days completed.
  • looby1968
    I just completed day 9, one more day and i am on level 2.

Anyone having knee pain ???? I am pretty good at completing everything, except the lunges are hard on my knees. Also the 30 second cardio , jumping jacks , jump rope etc. Thats the hardest for me, i almost got it tonight without stopping, its hard, thats the hardest one...i can do jumping jacks, and then jump rope and back to jumping jacks, but the last jump robe is terrible. What ist he hardest move for you all ?

Anyways, if you guys still want me to do the chart for the first 10 days please send me ur current measurements so that i can complete the chart for the first 10 days completed.

My knees are sore and have been since I started. And I hate jump rope. Although, I can now do the last lot of cardio without any tweaks!
    Will try and do some measuring today.
  • I plan on starting it tomorrow (Monday). I have never done any of her videos, so I don't know what to expect.

What is the average calorie burn for each workout? Is there a Jillian Michaels workout option already on here?
  • loveme445
    I plan on starting it tomorrow (Monday). I have never done any of her videos, so I don't know what to expect.

What is the average calorie burn for each workout? Is there a Jillian Michaels workout option already on here?

There is not a Jillian Michaels workout option on MFP. I log 30 Day shred as Circuit Training and according to MFP I burn about 300 cals per session-Im 5' 7" and 196.6 lbs (I dont own a HRM YET so not sure how accurate the calories burned are). Good Luck!
  • Day 14 down, 16 to go! It wasn't so bad today, but I was a little shaky cause I went for a 8km walk before doing the video
  • LilynEdensmom
    Day 12 done! Almost half way there.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    I am 5'5 aprox and i burn about 210-226 cal according to my HRM some days are less and some are more, i dont know why i guess it depends how much i GIVE INTO IT ! :)
  • looby1968
    Missing my 30DS today, got a pain in my neck (think I slept funny).
  • loveme445
    I did Day 2 of Lvl 2 yesterday...Not in the mood to exercise today but maybe I'll feel like it later. We're half way through the month now. Sometimes I just dont feel like doing the 30 Day Shred, Im over it. :yawn: I want to do other exercises instead. (well I already do but then I have to force myself to do 30 DS) So for the rest of the month, Im just going to try to do the 30 Day Shred every other day. (depending on how I feel) :laugh:

Good Luck to everyone!
  • Day 5 of Level 2 done, that puts me at day 15 total, A.K.A. HALF WAY THERE!!! Can you tell I'm pumped?
  • LilynEdensmom
    Day 13 done...

I totally feel the burn out, but I'm going to keep with it...Thats one thing I like about these challenges b/c if it was just me doing them on my own...Yeah I would quit...but I'm determined to do this for 30 days.
  • I'm on day 16.... I almost gave up on Saturday night because I gutted my whole kitchen and I was so tired. I've been doing thre shred and running between 2-4 miles everyday.....

I was just about to sit on the couch at 10pm Saturday night and my husband says "are you really going to give up the 12 days you put into it already?".

I gave him a dirty look and then thought - nope not throwing it down the drain - bring it on Jillian!!! :)

I'm half way there!!!!
  • loveme445
    Day 13 done...

I totally feel the burn out, but I'm going to keep with it...Thats one thing I like about these challenges b/c if it was just me doing them on my own...Yeah I would quit...but I'm determined to do this for 30 days.

I totally understand, that's why I join the challenges, to stay motivated on this weight loss journey. I was just in a funky mood yesterday because of a bad weigh in for one of my challenges. TODAY IS A NEW DAY! Im in a positive frame of mind today and I will finish this challenge.

I completed Day 3 of Lvl 2 today and then I did her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD.
    I was just about to sit on the couch at 10pm Saturday night and my husband says "are you really going to give up the 12 days you put into it already?".

CONGRATS on staying strong and sticking with the challenge. Good Job to hubby for supporting you! :drinker: (water)
  • LilynEdensmom
    Day 14 done, it is definitely harder on the days I that I work b/c when I work I'm standing for atleast 6 hours so my knees tend to really hate me especially with the jumping and bouncing, but I made it through...
  • Day 16 down. I'm feeling good too. I started yesterday doing both level 1 and 2. I did both today as well. It was hard, but I think it's going to be worth it. It was really surprising what a walk in the park Level 1 seems now. 14 days left!
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Day 13 done. Level 2 is still making me sweat a gallon and I'm screaming like Fredo towards the end of strength circuit 3. My shoulders a burning.
  • looby1968
    I'm sooooooooooooo jealous of those who've made it to level 2. My neck is still sabotaging my 30DS.:cry: I'm dosed up on Ibuprofen and paracetamol, I've tried alternating heat/ice packs. It's made some difference, just not enough!!!!!!!
    It's going to be next week before I'm on level 2!!!!!!:mad:
  • HI everyone....back to the grind tonight....JUST have to get it done. NO excuses!!!!

My uncle passed last night so the next 2 days will be tough. Will use the 30DS to destress. Need to get it done 1st thing in the am so things don't get in the way.

Here's to re-committing to the challenge.

Day 6....level 1 we have a date!
  • woooohooo just finished L1D6.. i'll do it tommorow again then i'm moving to L2 i cant wait :)
This discussion has been closed.