Part 3 ~ turtle club

Options

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    MRI RESULTS... Drumroll please....

I DON'T have herniated discs!!!! YAY! In fact the MRI was normal, I was very happy to hear this yet still confused because the pain has not subsided. Soo the doctor said he's going to bring me back in for a "diagnostic injection" This does NOT sound like fun, I think they inject something into my SI (sacroiliac joint) and then if the pain goes away than they know this is the problem. I was seriously letting my mind wander to never playing vball again and now I'm just hoping that if this is the problem that I can fix it, apparently he said its hard to diagnose because you have to rule out everything else first. They should be calling me soon for an appointment.... thanks for all your well wishes, I do feel like I'm more on my way to recovery. Seriously today is going to be a great day!

~Leash :drinker:
    I'm glad to hear it's not the disk... :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Hey all... I've done a few 4 mile runs this week, just a tester for next weekend. Right now everything feels great. Actually, better than before. I did some pushing the pace yesterday and my legs felt fantastic.

Hopefully everything looks good for Philly next weekend.

Happy running all.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    woohoo :bigsmile:

just finished logging my daily calories etc from yesterday

i was under by 775! :bigsmile:

that balances out tuesday
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    woohoo :bigsmile:

just finished logging my daily calories etc from yesterday

i was under by 775! :bigsmile:

that balances out tuesday

Go becky go becky!!!! Nice job girl! :smile:

• VballLeash
    Options
    Doctors office just called me... I need a driver for my appointment, apparently the "injection" is not very pleasant so I won't be able to drive myself home... eek... not really looking forward to this appointment, its next week. They'll be putting something like a cortisone shot into either my SI joint or my piriformis muscle, as long as I have some relief after I don't freaking care!!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Tabby- We share a birthmonth! :drinker: Oh, and I work at a Middle School but desperately want a new job... anyone want to hire me??? :wink:

Julie- Love the new pic ... ooooo la la :smile:

Leash- Sounds like good news! :drinker:

Becky- Great job! :bigsmile:

I'm off to run some errands. LOVED having the day off :bigsmile: Oh yea. Tried to take a picture of my new haircut yesterday but my face looked ridiculous. Didn't want to post an ugly picture, so we'll try again another day :ohwell:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!!! Oh -- and I work at a funeral home...:huh:
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    What do you do when you are actually working? I know Tom is a veterinarian and Ray just travels and eats pain au chocolate all the time...... I am a legal assistant in a law firm working in the intellectual propery group. It is pretty interesting and fun.

I am spoiled. I don't work. I guess working out is my work.
  • jabdye
    Options
    :sad: I want to be SPOILED :sad: especially today -- not a good day at the office:frown:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Yay for people born in November!! :drinker: Happy Birthday Kelynn! Mine is the 30th, when's yours? We desparately need a secretary in our group that will show up. The one we hired in July to help me has missed 20-25 days since her hire. :huh:

Julie, really? :noway: From your pic I would have guessed a law firm. I think it is the lamp. :laugh: What do you do there? The nicest guy I know is a funeral director/mortician. I guess you would have to be pretty nice and compassionate to do that kind of job. Frankly, the bodies would creep me out. I can run after dark at night with the wild animals, but put me in a well-lit room with a dead guy and I hyperventilate.

Becky, I know, I know, you have the same job I had when I was married to my ex husband: BJJ, Gym, Run, Ride. Fall into coma at 9:30 every night. I loved that job! :bigsmile:
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    or maybe they're making a comment on your driving skills, leash :huh:

(come on now -- we only kid because we :heart: )

yes, the bball group last night was a little more, um "advanced" shall we say? but there was a good mix of some younger folks too. and no, i was NOT the oldest one there. funny story -- actually drove to the gas station to get an energy bar when i had to sit out one game, because i was DRAGGING! worked like a charm, though -- made it through. and don't think for one minute i'm letting any of those extra calories go to waste today -- enjoying a rest day AND eating good today...and not feeling guilty about it...at all. who had the doughnuts? i may be stopping by...
  • jabdye
    Options
    It's me -- come on over -- just one question.....you don't hyperventilate around dead guys...do you????
  • tabbydog
    Options
    I am hungry and there are cupcakes upstairs. Starving actually. And I don't think I can eat another apple. :sick: At this point, I would happily sit in a closet with a dead guy if I could have a donut or cupcake.......
  • jabdye
    Options
    I'm hungry too! Just went and got a miniature baby ruth -- I can jump rope for 8 minutes and burn it off -- definitely worth it!!!!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Bg that was totally unnecessary!!!! Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm a bad driver, in fact Gloria is very safe to drive in... truce: Gloria Estefan is the name of my car, I know very cool... shes red and it suites her so don't make too much fun! :smile:

I'm a volleyball coach/full time student in the master's program if anyone didn't already know this was my job.

• tabbydog
    Options
    I have a yogurt in the fridge (down here on the 5th floor, not upstairs with the evil cupcakes). I put it away this morning b/c I had quiche. I was trying to be good. One can be only so good. I am eating it.
  • jabdye
    Options
    Tabbydog - you are killing me!!!!
    I was telling my asst about your note -- and she told me to tell you -- come on over....we got it ALL -- the closet -- the donuts -- and the dead guy!!!! calorie free:bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I don't think that food should be allowed in the workplace. If you can't smoke here, don't bring your cupcakes here!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Vent away Tabby. I like it.:tongue:

@Julie: Let me know how you make out. I LOVE Krispy Kreme. That is part of the reason my lunch was 1500 cals yesterday.:embarassed: Hubby and I went there after lunch...Oink. Oink.

@Becky: So proud of you for telling you hubby no and not stealing any of his food. Hope you enjoyed your treat today!

@ Leash: Wish we lived closer. I would take you to your appointment.

Like Becky, I don't "work". Well, not like Becky. She works out so much she does work.:drinker:

I worked in the past - 2 different careers (engineer & computers/computer networks). My last employer, laid me off on a Friday after I told them I was preggo on Monday. I was able to find work about a month before my dd was born but hubby and I decided to go to one salary for 3 years. 8 years later, I'm still at home. I'm going back to school this fall.

Life is good,
    -Kechie.
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    hey, don't get mad at me -- i'm not the one making you bring a driver. just sayin :wink: and btw -- gloria is an awesome name for a car! but i didn't know cars could have last names :huh:

julie -- i'm there!! i don't care how many dead guys. if they've each got a donut for me, they're cool with me!
  • tabbydog
    Options
    Okay, okay Julie, I give! I am officially creeped out! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think you definitely have the most unusual job on this thread.

bg, at least the dead guys won't try to take the donuts away from you, or make you feel guilty for eating them! :bigsmile: