Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Why should someone be bothered by this?
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HOw is this a terrible example? Isn't showing that you can make healthy choices and stick to a diet even if you are rushed for time or on a short budget a good thing?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    This only proves that you don't have to know very much about nutrition and get published.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Not the least bit. Why would I be??
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Far more bothered by the OP than by a dude who lost weight eating McDonalds every day. You act like fast food is the root of all evil or something ignorant like that.

Rigger
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Far more bothered by the OP than by a dude who lost weight eating McDonalds every day. You act like fast food is the root of all evil or something ignorant like that.

Rigger

But ... but ... MCDONALDS! That clown is evil! :laugh:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not at all. It shows that fast food doesn't make you fat. Your habits make you fat. I think it's actually kind of cool.

I'm so tired of people proclaiming that fast food is the root of all evil.
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    He had the oatmeal for breakfast, which is pretty good stuff nutritionally, and the salad for lunch.

McDonalds isn't all Big Macs and large fries anymore. I've been a vegetarian for 20 years, and they didn't have my business until a couple of years ago. They've been ahead of the curve with making the calorie content of their food easily accessible. I love their strawberry banana smoothie, and they offer many coffee drinks that are low cal and very good.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    No, there are better things in life to bothered by.

Take this judgmental post, for instance...
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

I am over-the-top bothered by this. This guy - a teacher no less - chose McDonald's for this interesting demonstration of watching macros and calories. I don't like McDonald's (except for breakfast stuff like McMuffins). He could have chosen Taco Bell, or Carl's Jr., and I would have a lot more interest and respect.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Rigger

But ... but ... MCDONALDS! That clown is evil! :laugh:
    He probably thinks this is okay, too!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Oh, right. It is. Carry on.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

I am over-the-top bothered by this. This guy - a teacher no less - chose McDonald's for this interesting demonstration of watching macros and calories. I don't like McDonald's (except for breakfast stuff like McMuffins). He could have chosen Taco Bell, or Carl's Jr., and I would have a lot more interest and respect.
    lol.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

So this happened. Is anyone else really bothered by this??

I am as bothered by his diet as I am by yours (in other words it is none of my business and I don't remotely care)
  • amber_gem
    amber_gem Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nope, not bothered. It's great he could lose the weight. I LOVE happy meals!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I find it empowering. It means even if I don't have time or resources to prepare three "healthy" meals and two snacks from scratch every day, I can still be at a healthy weight if I monitor my calories and macros.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me if he consumed Mcrib sandwiches.....otherwise I could care less.
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    stop-whining-o.gif
  • HoverKitteh
    Options
    I'm not. The man ate egg whites and salad.

People make choices every day, right or wrong. It is possible to make good food choices at many fast food restaurants--just as it is possible to make bad ones.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    yeah-well-come-at-me-bro