Like Minded Lushes - November

Options

Replies

• sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    McDonalds seems to be the hangover hot spot!:laugh:
    We are having dinner with friends tonight and a 40th bday party tomorrow night for another friend. I try to pick one night out of the weekend to "overindulge" and I think it's tonight. I'll drive tomorrow night so then I have to behave. :sad: I had a great workout on the treadmill this morning so I feel I can splurge a little. And it's beautiful here in Maine today, which us unusual for November, so I've been outside puttering around. But that works against me b/c when its warm and sunny, it just makes me want a cold beer! I can't win. :grumble:
    Have a great weekend lushes. (that word still cracks me up) :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My fall/winter drink is hot chocolate with some St. Brendan's in it....ZOMG, soooo yummy. Fortunately, I'll be off my Sober November kick and just abstaining one week out of every month. I just need to remember to have one. Damn chocolate, packing so many extra (but delicious) calories!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I love a bacon sandwich as my hangover cure. Sometimes enjoy one after a workout at the gym too!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Coconut Rum is awesome in hot chocolate, in fact, I have yet to find something that it does NOT taste good in.............:drinker: Ouch, that could be a reason I am on this post??????
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    10 days to go and I will be drink free for 4 weeks. I can't believe it. But maybe I shouldn't speak too soon, LOL!! I will be probably get drunk off a glass of wine over Thanksgiving.

You heard it here first, I am NOT taking December off because of all the holiday festivities!! But I will definitely not go back to a glass or three most days of the week.

My fave winter drink is warm apple cider with rum, YUM!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Welcome Sunlover! We've all talked about eating after drinking and the poor choices we make but just for giggles let's list our favortie hangover food. :bigsmile: Mine is a Big Mac.... nothing like the secret sauce for that hangover. One of the best days of my life was when my daughter turned 16 and could drive to McDonalds and get my hangover fix. :laugh: :laugh: Is that terrible or what?

My favorite hangover food is a Taco Cabana bean burrito and a diet Pepsi, hits the spot!
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hey, the weekend had arrived, so tomorrow and Sunday I get to have a drink, :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great one lushes and chillax if you can. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Pam
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY!!!! That means wine night. Yay!
    smiley-eatdrink048.gif

my favorite hangover food is salt and vinegar potato chips. Kind of lame but what can I say.
  • rjadams
    Options
    changed up dinner plans so no wine tonight. I am doing vodka! smiley-eatdrink048.gif
  • raven5131
    Options
    I am going to hold out from drinking until I go on vacation and then I am just gonna have a good time. Going to eat what I want (small portions) and drink what I want (not so small portions) When I get back from vacation I will return to sobriety. I still cannot believe I am not having the 2 cocktails every evening. I thought I needed them. I enjoy my cocktails but I don't HAVE to have them. That is kind of freeing.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    TGIF Everyone. This is my first post on this board. It is nice to see there are other lushes out there working at losing weight while continuing to enjoy their favorite drinks. I plan to have a couple of beers tonight myself or maybe some wine :) Enjoy your weekend.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OMG...wine is delicious tonight, so was dinner...good night
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Wow, 2lbs lost this week - what a result! Am feeling really great and looking forward to my weekend treat of a little drink (just the one!) with dinner tonight and tomorrow. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Have a great weekend everyone. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: , oh, and welcome to the other Pam - we are a very happy and supportive group. :laugh:

Pam
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Lushes, on top of this week's weight loss I have this morning done 25 mins brisk walking and 90 minutes gardening (including moving some paving slabs and putting up two pieces of trellis). As a reward I have made myself a cottage pie and a rice pudding for dinner tonight which will be accompanied by a gin and tonic - real comfort food!! For those of you across the pond, cottage pie is made by cooking ground (minced) lean beef with onion and carrot in some beef stock, with some tomato puree and a dash of worcester sauce. When cooked it is put into an ovenproof dish and topped with some mashed potato; then finished in a hot oven to make the top nice and crispy. Today I have done a mixture of parsnip and potato mash and have not used any butter or milk in the mash. There is plenty of gravy with the meat so that will soak into the mash very nicely. All of this and I will still have some of my exercise calories (around 400) left at the end of the day.

Happy days!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink: :wink:

Pam
  • lefrance12
    Options
    I workout because I am a lush... 4 to 5 times a week... I drink shots... 1800 tequila 69 calories a pop maybe 3 times a week and skyy vodka.. I have found though, just my experience, I still have a mind to not eat bad food thereafter. I guess it offsets the drinking or something because I am still getting the results. :bigsmile::drinker: Awesome thread by the way I am a newbie.

Cholly
  • rjadams
    Options
    good morning lushes. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am paying the price for my late night lushness, hoping to perk up soon:sick: ....greasy cheeseburger is sounding good; but, a horrible snowstorm has decided to make winter official in MN...it's a winter wonderland :bigsmile:

Tonight begins the no drinking policy to get back on track:noway: I would like to make it until Thanksgiving. Then, I will be in Chicago and there will be no moderation I am sure. I come from a family of lushes as well

Oldbat, nice job on the 2 lbs
    Welcome, Cholly, lushes unite here
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon here :) Just ordered pizza to be delivered, ok so it's about as high calorie and full of fat as you get but I figured I deserve a treat after surviving alcohol free so far this month. Chinese next week for my son's birthday too but after that no more naughty meals until Christmas. I am hoping to dodge as many of the Christmas meals out at work as I can, that's one draw back of having 2 jobs I'm expected to go to a minimum of 2 parties.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help - but I really enjoy having a few beers while watching hockey - unfortunately (or fortunately), there is a game on at least 3 times a week ... I started drinking Beck's No-Alcohol beer. I know it's "not the same" but when I am home watching the game, I realized that a lot of my beer consumption was simply habit (my dad always had a few beer while watching the game when I was young )... when I moved away from home, when I would get homesick, I would buy a six pack and turn a game on. Almost 15 years later, it just became habit. I find the Beck's helps since I get to have the "taste" drink out of a bottle, and only be putting 60 calories in my belly ...

When I am out or have people over, I alternate between non-alcohol drinks and alcohol ones (one becks light, one becks no-alcohol; one gin & soda, then just a soda water w/lime ...).
  • emmak58
    Options
    Love this thread!