Sexual objectification of breasts

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Personally, If I was having my breasts modified I would be getting it done so that I could shoot lasers from them or something, but if other people just want to make them bigger and not include that option that's totally up to them
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^

Not every woman who has implants has them "just to feel attractive" and unfortuantely some women don't have anything to "work with"...you shouldn't judge....your words come off pretty harsh...
    Where did I judge?

I realize there are circumstances that require them (mastectomy, for example), but a lot of women get them because they don't feel adequate. I find that a sad thing because there is nothing inherently unattractive about small breasts. Implants cause health problems. They are expensive to keep up (they HAVE TO BE REPLACED every so often).

But, yeah. telling women they're beautiful without having to have surgery is judgmental. OK then.

ETA: Never mind. I just realized who I was talking to.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    That being said, as a bona fide member of the itty bitty titty committee I can assure you I'm still swimming in the D. Guys don't really care about boobs as much as people seem to think.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to it... Who cares if boobs are fake or real? Big or small? Floppy or perky?
    To each their own.
    The people who ALLOW society to dictate their worth, are going to do anything and everything possible to "fit in" and become yet another "sheeple".

I have mine done. But I did it for me. No one else.
    Hell, most people have no idea mine are fake.
    Some people like the fake look. Some like the natural look.
    Some like them huge. Some like them average.

I went from a AA to a DD. you'd think that would make mine look really fake. But they don't. You'd think they were too big for my body. But they aren't.

Personally, if people are staring at that lady in the gym, it's either because she was obviously TRYING to get the attention of others, or they are jealous. But at the end of the day... Does it matter?

Preach, sista'! :drinker:
  • FitnessVixxen
    Options
    Implants cause health problems. They are expensive to keep up (they HAVE TO BE REPLACED every so often).

That is a very controversial subject.
    I haven't had ANY problems with mine (with the exception of having saline first, and one springing a leak).
    So I had them replaced. With memory gel.
    And guess what, that didn't cost me a dime.
    Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

Implants come with a manufacturers warranty against certain things, just like many other "expensive purchases" we make as humans.
    Mine happened to have a 10 year warranty.
    The doc allowed me to switch to memory gel and didn't charge for it. I even went bigger (from a D to a DD).

So 10 years later, and 2 sets later, I haven't had any issues "health wise" and couldn't be happier.
    And it didn't get them because I felt inadequate in any way.
    I always liked bigger boobs on women. A matter of personal preference.
    Just saying.

Also, they don't HAVE TO BE REPLACED every so often.
    Some people have to have them replaced due to malfunction, like I did. But I know a lady that's had the same set for over 30 years.
    Lots of things determine whether they need to be replaced. But such a blanket statement that you made, is inaccurate.

*rant over*
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like boobs. Big. Medium. Small.

Doesn't matter. I'm a heterosexual male and I will not appologize for my natural inclinations.

If it makes a woman feel better about herself, who are we to judge?
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I just like boobs.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to it... Who cares if boobs are fake or real? Big or small? Floppy or perky?
    To each their own.
    The people who ALLOW society to dictate their worth, are going to do anything and everything possible to "fit in" and become yet another "sheeple".

I have mine done. But I did it for me. No one else.
    Hell, most people have no idea mine are fake.
    Some people like the fake look. Some like the natural look.
    Some like them huge. Some like them average.

I went from a AA to a DD. you'd think that would make mine look really fake. But they don't. You'd think they were too big for my body. But they aren't.

Personally, if people are staring at that lady in the gym, it's either because she was obviously TRYING to get the attention of others, or they are jealous. But at the end of the day... Does it matter?

Well said. DD??? Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I just like boobs.
    :drinker:

As a guy who was involved with someone who had it done, I can tell you that it's really hard to watch....not that I was there when she had the procedure, and not that I was the one who wanted her to do it, but I was there immediately afterward....when she came home. It's painful....all around....for her the inability to use any arm muscles, basically stuck surrounded by pillows to prop her up because she not only can't get up, but can't raise much of anything. The bruising alone is a real eye opener. It looked like she was butchered....voluntarily. Most people don't realize how much the muscles in that area are used. Anyway, it took her nearly 2 months to recover before being able to go back to work (people heal differently I guess), but even afterward knowing they weren't real became a mental block in itself. Sure they look nice, but is it really worth the torture?? I'm not saying our relationship fell apart because of her bewbs....that's definitely not the case....but it is something I wouldn't readily encourage anyone to do. \m/
  • Shreddingitnow
    Options
    I want fake boobs!! Yea!!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^

Not every woman who has implants has them "just to feel attractive" and unfortuantely some women don't have anything to "work with"...you shouldn't judge....your words come off pretty harsh...
    Where did I judge?

I realize there are circumstances that require them (mastectomy, for example), but a lot of women get them because they don't feel adequate. I find that a sad thing because there is nothing inherently unattractive about small breasts. Implants cause health problems. They are expensive to keep up (they HAVE TO BE REPLACED every so often).

But, yeah. telling women they're beautiful without having to have surgery is judgmental. OK then.

ETA: Never mind. I just realized who I was talking to.

When you stated:

"I really just don't think about it, though I wish women didn't feel the need to get cut open and have something fake inserted into their bodies (that requires muktiple upkeep surgeries over a lifetime and can cause major health issues) just to feel attractive. Work with what you have! "

I'm not trying to argue or be rude, I was just stating that you sounded judgemental and your words came off as harsh. Saying that women feel the need to get "cut open and have something fake inserted into their bodies just to feel attractive" can be viewed as judging. We don't know why people do what they do and frankly it's not really our business as to why people do what they do but to say that someone does something "just to feel attractive" may not necessarily be true.

Also, it's not necessarily true that you need "multiple upkeep surgeries over a lifetime". I'm aware of several women who have had one set of implants well over 25 years. However, there are occassions where implants do need to be replaced but I don't think it happens as often as you may think (although I'm no researcher or doctor, but that's just based on what my doctors have told me).

If you read my comment as being rude, I apologize, it wasn't meant to be...it's all good :)
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    too lazy to read the thread...how long did it take for the first guy to say something to the effect of "I like 'em small, I like 'em large, I like 'em all!"?
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    A good discussion I was having with a peer at work (female). She brought it up after a member with obvious breast implants got several stares from males and females in the gym while she jogged on the treadmill.
    My peer believes that breast implants ruin a females figure and gives a false sense that she's actually better. And that small breasted women are considered by society as not as sexually attractive as by society's standard on beauty. I somewhat disagreed, but I'm really accepting of any type of breast size.

So how do others (especially other females) feel about this?

Totally not where I thought you were going with this at all. I get really up in arms about the sexualization of breasts especially with regard to women being able to go topless, and breastfeeding, but I guess that's not what you were talking about. Um, I wouldn't get implants myself because I'm strictly a function over form kinda girl, and I really wish women didn't feel pressured to do it, but if someone wants to, it's no skin off my nose.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I like breasts.

Some small, natural breasts are very sexy. Some large breasts are sexy.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    <<<<<not a boob guy so i don't care. Bring on the legs thread.