Nerds Unite!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• loriirol
    loriirol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nerds are best! Very nerdy-mostly a tv and movie fan, probably how I gained most of my weight. I mean, who has time to eat right and exercise when there is so much awesome stuff to read, watch, and play?! My house looks like a 16 year old boy decorated it-superheros and anime stuff everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Anyway, also I am new to actually logging in and doing it, but late is better than never. Just looking for some like minded awesome folks to motivate and be motivated by. :)
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Pretty nerdy here. Have lots of awesome Dr Who geek friends on here :)
  • EnviousLemon
    Options
    Also, I totally get Big Bang Theory. <g>
    My husband calls me a nerd cause I get the jokes on the Big Bang Theory

My sister says the same thing! Hahaha. I also spend time on Pinterest and there was a joke about 20 degree angles drawn on a snow scene and someone said, "Awww, someone made snow angles"! I thought it was funny.

I do enjoy games, though not as much as my husband - you'd love him! He's really into Borderlands 2 right now and listens to Bahroo and a few others.
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Just saw this post and so excited that it's here!
    I'm a total geek, from back before it was "in" lol :P

I love comics, and anyone who is into comics and hasn't read Skydoll...it's my favorite, go read it. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is up in my top series as well. My husband and I are Whovians, and have been watching ever since the relaunch with the 9th doctor, and have watched back all the way to the first. We used to play D&D, though these days we're more fond of Pathfinder. Whenever we got married we played the Mario Kart Love Song (look it up on youtube if you haven't heard it) and I have promised him that when we renew our vows we will somehow include the master sword. We love video games, other than Mario Kart he's more into the newer games like COD. Personally the only newer game I'm a big fan of is Portal and Portal 2 (though I do like Bioshock), my fandom lies with oldschool NES and N64 -- and we own both of those systems.

I originally planned to get my degree in forensic entomology, and many of my friends work in the science field whether it by my kids' godfather who is a biological anthropologist or my two close friends that are mycologists. I love all things science! I also absolutely adore anything dealing with quantum theory.

Anyhow, that's enough for now -- I should be working haha, but I was excited to see this post :)

EDIT:
    Just noticed there are some other Sherlock fans here, great! I also forgot to bring up that I am a recovering wow-aholic :P. My husband and I actually clicked because I was managing a hookah lounge and he came in wearing a green lantern shirt and I had the song "Do you want to date my avatar" playing over the loud speakers. He was, a bit intoxicated (okay a lot intoxicated) and kept telling me that I was his Ramona Flowers <3 (I think having pink hair helped..._
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Wouldn't mind knowing how many people relapse and go back to playing WoW. I think I quit it 3 times. The third stuck. I've played quite a few MMOs since I got bored of wow and they are all pretty much the same thing.
    Personally I haven't played in two years, BUT I should add that I also haven't been able to afford to pay for it for that long either lol. Things may change when I have extra moola :P
  • ErinSchramm
    Options
    Hello everyone!

A friend of mine linked me here.

So here goes: I'm a total nerd (play console and computer games, computer mostly) as well as reader (of anything and everything) and am finally looking for friends online to turn my habits around and keep me accountable.

I'm 32, from Dallas TX and am a manager for a major PBM. I'm not shy at work because I can't afford to be but I am strangler reserved about my weight loss. So! I'm leaning on the internet and friends here to keep me on track.

I'm mostly doing this to get healthy and prep my body for kids in a year or two. I'm just flat out too unhealthy now for anything like that.

So there you have it!

Please feel free to friend me! I'm totally for more friends. I mostly follow a paleo style diet but occasionally eat other things as my budget allows.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I need more friends so feel free to add me.

I play civ, read a lot of sci fi (rereading wheel of time series right now), am a huge history buff and will straight have arguments with people when I know they are getting their facts mixed up.
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Nerd-ist here, not ashamed to admit it
    spend my days surrounded by 'puter's - sleep with my iPad
    found my hubby online
    found all of our pets online, lab named Dingleberry Fungus and weener dog named Edward-spagedward, parrot Wyatt Earp-Chirp
    keep in touch with all of my friends online
    love reading as well as audiobooks, while working on my laptop, with a 3 screen desktop unit going all day every day
    I work remotely for a medical clinic in Alaska
    need a few more friends to keep me motivated
    trying to lose 50lbs by 50 yrs old (Jan 2015)
    beam me up snotty - I may be getting old but i'm not dead yet!
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    LOVE my 3DS and 360...and happy to find other nerds on this site :)

Anyone feel free to add me so we can support each other!
  • ChrisBrockway12
    ChrisBrockway12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Over a year later? BUMP!!!