Evil Subway - Read this if you eat at there!

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Oh goodie, a sugar train and now a Subway train! Just waiting for a McDonald's train to start, and we are good to go for the day. Toot toot!
    The McDonald's train is still going from the other day! :laugh:

And no one told me?? Where!?

You can catch it at the station of redundancy station! Or find it on the recent posts board. :tongue:
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Any bakery that you go into that is large scale commercial is going to use some form of mold inhibitor to make it's shelf life better. They are in it for profits and bread that sours after 2-3 days is not profitable. It is a chain restaurant and all.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The only evil thing about subway is that their onions stink up your hands for days.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Now I want Subway, dammit.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I love it when people flip out about "chemicals" being in their foods. Guess what....... Water = chemical. Chemicals are literally the worst. Science.

so your saying cavemen drank chemicals, i.e. water? There goes the whole Paleo thing…bahahahahahahaha
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I worked at subway for 5 years the bread comes frozen in a box. The first thing you do is spray the pan down with a pam like substance. Then you put the bread on the pan and spray it down with water, you put it in the rack and wait for it to thaw once it has thawed you add the honey oat or whatever else to make it the type of bread it is then you place it in the warmer so that it can rise to the correct height. The next thing you do is place it in the oven and let it bake for like 12 to 15 min. That is the subway bread making process.

How long ago was this? I used silicone baking forms and no spray when I worked there.

But you are essentially correct.

You did?! Go make me a sammich.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i eat subway like once a month ..so not a big issue for me…I find it a better option then Bk or wendys, but that is just me
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wow - So much hatred spewed out over all this! You people just LOVE telling someone they are an IDIOT don't you? What a lovely COMMUNITY we've become! 2 Years ago, I didn't see very much of this negativity here. MFP has grown up to be Facebook!

Now, on to my rebuttal to everyone who thinks I'm just a moron for posting an article like this!

I guess Im just disappointed that they use so many preservatives and artificial stuff (in bread they bake right in the store) and feel the need to add so many chemicals.

I fully knew that the meats and cheeses were processed and full of crap! But to put artificial colors in pickles or other chemicals in olives? Why? It's not needed?
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love it when people flip out about "chemicals" being in their foods. Guess what....... Water = chemical. Chemicals are literally the worst. Science.

so your saying cavemen drank chemicals, i.e. water? There goes the whole Paleo thing…bahahahahahahaha

You just blew so many minds!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Oh goodie, a sugar train and now a Subway train! Just waiting for a McDonald's train to start, and we are good to go for the day. Toot toot!
    The McDonald's train is still going from the other day! :laugh:

And no one told me?? Where!?

You can catch it at the station of redundancy station! Or find it on the recent posts board. :tongue:

It's not there!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Now I'm having Subway for lunch. This thread was a great idea! I can smell the 9-grain wheat bread already. :laugh:
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This just in!

Hang the Bankers Subway article sponsored by McDonald's (Subway evil, McDonald's good) :wink:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I was trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight since I'm out of protiens at home. I might just have to make a trip to Subway on my way home.

Thanks OP! :flowerforyou:
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Now I want Subway, dammit.

Seriously, we have a Subway within walking distance where I work and I may have go get me a sandwich.

I think the OP had good intentions, but maybe he should have chosen a different title for the topic. Any title with Evil and food in the title is sure to get folks fired up.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    If I hadn't just eaten a mountain of pork I'd probably be walking over to Subway right now.

I might just go get some Pop-Tarts from the shop downstairs instead.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    But evil Subway just goes so well with my evil personality...well I'm not really evil...I'm not the black sheep of my family, but I am little grey...wait, wut?

SUBWAY!
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Did anybody really think Subway was a great healthy option?
  • jonnythan
    Options

It is! :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

If you build your sandwich right and have a glimmering of an understanding of what your body needs, it is.

Couple portions of veggies, some protein, a well structured transparent menu with calorie and nutrition information.

Sounds like a bloody great option to me.