Soooo....I Have Cancer

Options

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best in your struggle. Take Care.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you have such positive news! I hope the improvements continue and your recovery is complete.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

I look forward to what 2014 brings you, pal

Me too! You are amazingly brave and even though I had cancer (breast) it was early stage and the treatment was not that hard for me. I will continue to pray for your 100% recovery ... HUGS
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just...wow! Sometimes writing is a form of therapy and thinking things through, for me. Could be why you felt compelled to share. It was a gut punch. So honest and open. My thoughts are with you.
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Big hugs to you. I heard those very same words in May 1998 right before my older son graduated from high school. Reading your post brought all those feelings back and I just want to show you some support. You've already found out one thing that I discovered - the kindness of strangers on the Internet helped me tremendously.

At the time I was going through my cancer treatment, AOL was the big thing and I joined a cancer support chat room where I made many lasting friendships. Some of us chatted on the phone and I even met several friends in person over the years. I found my Internet cancer support to be invaluable. Even with a strong family and friend support group, it's so helpful to surround yourself with people going through similar treatments and feelings. You can say things to your cancer support friends that your family might not understand or want to hear (ie., chemo and radiation jokes). A good sense of humor goes a long way during this challenging time.

I didn't mean to drone on. I apologize. You have my sincere well wishes for the journey you're about to take. Be strong and have faith in yourself and your team.
  • _xsomedayx_
    Options
    __//.stands up
    __//.starts clapping slowly
    You, sir, are an inspiration to us all.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My thoughts are with you. Please keep us updated.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the update. I can't imagine what you're going through or have been feeling since your diagnosis. But I'm real glad you're responding well to treatment. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your friends. :heart:
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Glad things are going so well! Still praying for you! Not only do you have the love and support of your family and friends, but you have it from the MFP community!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am going through some old posts and came across this one. How are you doing? I hope there is good news.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Please keep us updated!

You have a great attitude and we are all here for you!!!:heart:
  • yoderaly
    Options
    Maybe through this post you will save someone else's life. Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you strength and learning in this journey.......
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you, your family and your fight against cancer
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you. Best wishes.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I'm so sorry. I must say though, oncology docs do not tend to sugarcoat (my father died of kidney cancer- diagnosed at stage four, and his original doc told him he had 9 months to a year- dead on.) so if they say you're going to beat this, trust them.

Prayers, thoughts and strength go with you.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    __//.stands up
    __//.starts clapping slowly
    You, sir, are an inspiration to us all.

A thousand times this.
  • jacqueinhutto
    jacqueinhutto Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband was diagnosed with cancer on the base of his tonue, three months after our wedding. I'll be honest with you, it will be hard. My best advise is to get a second opinion. My husband 2nd opinion was a lot less dramatic than the 1st. He went to MD Anderson for a second opinion. He had surgery and radiation. The radiation was hard because it is to the throat and the longer the radiation the harder it will be to eat. You will probably drop a lot of weight. BUT you will get through this. My husband is a cancer survivor going on 10 years now. You will be too. We all will be praying for you.
  • sseale1
    sseale1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    By putting it out there in the universe.....positive things will come to you! You are young and strong!!!! AND YOU WILL FIGHT THIS!!!! Gonna be a tough battle...but by the sound of it you will get thru it! Sending prayers your way!!!
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best in care and recovery!