Anyone else losing 100 lbs in 2014?

Hi! I have 100 lbs to lose and would love to have friends online for support and motivation along the way, that have the same weight loss goal in mind.

I'm 5' 11 and 49 years old.

It is my gift to myself to reach my goal weight of 175 lbs by my 50th birthday this coming December!

Join me on the journey?

Cheers!
Lyn

Replies

• jamiemommaof3
    jamiemommaof3 Posts: 21 Member
    I need to lose 80 pounds. I am 5' 7 and 34 years old. Good job on getting started! I don't have any friends on here yet and we have similar goals :)
  • Hi :)
    I need to lose well over 100lbs, so I'll be around for the year and beyond...feel free to add me, I'll happily offer any support I can :)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hi... I'm 49 will be 50 in October... I could probably lose 100 but I am going to 69.... That is my goal for long term.. However I have set a got at 50 by my 50..... Good luck....OH and I am a shorty... 5'4

Anita
  • four_pennies
    four_pennies Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm right there with you. Sounds like we have similar goals. I want to get to my goal before hitting 49 in September. I started working with my doctor, a nutritionist and personal trainer 5 weeks ago, so that included the Christmas and New Years holidays. So far I've dropped 13.4 lbs, so that just a bit more that 2.5 lbs per week lost.

Love to have someone on this journey with me! So much better when someone else knows the obstacles that you face when trying to lose this much weight.

Oh, I'm 5' 8" and I have just a bit over 100 lbs to lose to!
  • mellymoobag
    mellymoobag Posts: 19 Member
    I need to lose 100lbs and more, need a bit of help and encouragement as I'm rubbish at trying to do it on my own...any help and support would be great (I've put my most awful 'fat' picture as my profile pic to show myself in my worst light) x
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    I would love to lose 100 this year! That would take me to a bit below goal (which is still over the recommended for my height). I need all the support I can get...add me! :flowerforyou:
  • sls1989
    sls1989 Posts: 10 Member
    yay for 2014
    i would love to lose 100 this year
    MFP is the way to do it
  • tryanother
    tryanother Posts: 36 Member
    HI there. I also have a goal of losing 100++++++ this year we call 2014. I am 5'11 and 33 years old. I want to run a SHORT marathon in September!

I would love support and I will share any and all tips I can find.

Good luck to all of you!:flowerforyou:
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    I need to lose about 110 but it doesnt matter to me how long it takes me, if I can do 100 in 2014 then i would be sooooo excited.. Slow and Steady for me though since i struggle with PCOS as well. I need some movitators with the same goals! feel free to add me..

I am 36yrs female 5'2 and CW is 255.2
  • tfire77
    tfire77 Posts: 29 Member
    Gonna get lean in 2014. My goal is to lose 125 pounds total. Have 108 left to go!!! Lets make it great.
  • tfire77
    tfire77 Posts: 29 Member
    HI there. I also have a goal of losing 100++++++ this year we call 2014. I am 5'11 and 33 years old. I want to run a SHORT marathon in September!

I would love support and I will share any and all tips I can find.

Love your short marathon goal. I have a goal of doing a triathlon sprint. 19 mile bike, 2 mile paddle, 5 mile run in october.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    already did, if I lost that much now I would be a small toddler:)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    AWESOME job on the weightless chelstakencha!!! Share a little of your journey with us newbies just getting started??? I absolutely LOVE success stories and plan on being one of them come the end of this year! BAM!!! :tongue:
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    I am 6'1 and have 130 lbs to lose. im shooting for 60 by my birthday in Sept. Feel free to add me :) And Good Luck!
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Long term goal is to lose 100. 2014 goal is to lose more than 50.

I want to stay reasonable so I don't get discouraged. It took me more than a year to gain all this weight so it may take longer than a year to lose it. :)
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Hi... I'm 49 will be 50 in October... I could probably lose 100 but I am going to 69.... That is my goal for long term.. However I have set a got at 50 by my 50..... Good luck....OH and I am a shorty... 5'4

Anita

I just had to say..you do NOT look 49!! :) beautiful!
  • Mhvela
    Mhvela Posts: 9 Member
    Yep, I need to lose at least 100 pounds. After I get to 100 I'll decide if I want to lose more or just maintain. I'd like to be realistic about maintenance. I don't want to be so thin that I have to starve myself to maintain a really low weight for myself. For me it's really all about my health. I don't want to become diabetic. I know that my legs and feet hurt because of my weight right now. My biggest issue is IIH.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    You can add me I need to lose at least 100 lbs. Lets fo it :-)
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Yep, that's the plan. I'm not expecting that I will b/c that goal is really overwhelming to me. But I have 100lbs to go to my goal weight. So I'm here for the long haul. Feel free to add me, anyone can.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    You can add me,
    I have a little over 100lbs to lose and I'm ready lets do this :) xx