50 pounds by june 1st challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else here nervous about Thanksgiving? I find that I am getting really nervous the closer we get to it. There are always so many temptations. But the good thing is I am off work that week so I will have more time to dedicate to the gym but I am still really nervous!

Barb
  • LosingIt135
    LosingIt135 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join the challenge????
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Oh boo...I gained this week

Add 2.5 pounds!

Now I'm back to 230.5
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join the challenge????
    nope send me your weight as of this morning and then every Monday after that...
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else here nervous about Thanksgiving? I find that I am getting really nervous the closer we get to it. There are always so many temptations. But the good thing is I am off work that week so I will have more time to dedicate to the gym but I am still really nervous!

Barb

I'm going to my mother-in-laws She doesn't cook any more so I'm cooking and everything will be fixed a low cal and low fat as possible. Wer don't care for cassaroles so it is easier to keep it simple
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I regret I didn't keep up with my weight when I first joined. I have changed everything so often I can't remember but as of today I am 81 lbs lighter than my highest weight 1/4/04. :bigsmile: I hope to make it 100 gone by my b-day on Valentines day.:heart:

Fantastic! What an accomplishment! Congratulations on all your hard work! :smile:
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Barb

Today was our staff Thanksgiving lunch party. I was REALLY careful, but still left very satisfied and proud of myself. I had 5oz white meat turkey, one 3oz slice of smoked ham, 1/3 sweet potato with butter only, 1/4 cup green beans (seasoned by ham bone), and for my dessert I had 3/4 cup of cantaloupe and coffee with creamer. Simple, planned, but let me tell you that I certainly felt better physically and about myself than those at my table who went back for seconds!

Just think about what you put on your plate and know that just because it's on your plate doesn't mean you have to eat it! (also, set your fork down between bites and chew each bit at least 10 times before swallowing. This will really help you to know when you are full)

Good luck!!! (and Happy Early Thanksgiving!!)
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options

Barb

Today was our staff Thanksgiving lunch party. I was REALLY careful, but still left very satisfied and proud of myself. I had 5oz white meat turkey, one 3oz slice of smoked ham, 1/3 sweet potato with butter only, 1/4 cup green beans (seasoned by ham bone), and for my dessert I had 3/4 cup of cantaloupe and coffee with creamer. Simple, planned, but let me tell you that I certainly felt better physically and about myself than those at my table who went back for seconds!

Just think about what you put on your plate and know that just because it's on your plate doesn't mean you have to eat it! (also, set your fork down between bites and chew each bit at least 10 times before swallowing. This will really help you to know when you are full)

Great job!!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options

Barb

That is a great stragety to have. I know Thanksgiving will be hard but maybe having a good plan before will help.
  • mebryant
    mebryant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to Thanksgiving as I am going to Florida with my family and plan to walk the beach for at least an hour a day if not more.
  • butterfly007
    butterfly007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenege! I am getting married June 4, 2011 and I need to lose 46 more lbs!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Us here in Canada had our Thanksgiving already. I spent it in Ottawa with my youngest daughter and her new husband. She cooked an awesome turkey dinner. I don't know where she learned to cook like that but I'm sure glad she learned. It was lovely. I didn't worry too much about what I ate but I made sure we all got some walking and hiking in that weekend. I hope all of my American MFP friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
  • toepick83
    Options
    Woo! Down a pound in my first week! Wish it was more but had a rough start last week. Got the flu and then when my appetite finally came back I ate too much. LOL! But I was able to keep up with my water. At least 75 ounces every day. This week's goal is more exercise, like running the track at the park across the street from my house. I even have a couple playlists ready to go so I don't get bored and punk out early. Probably should go grocery shopping again before I run out of food and have to resort to eating out. That's where I get in trouble. Yikes!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Weigh In DAY!! (last week recap:182.2) Today: 176.4!!!!!

Way to go - at this rate you are going to meet your mini goal early!
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Iam in!!! That would put me to my goal weight by my wedding July 9th :)
  • SpiritCymbal
    Options
    Down another 3 lbs. From 262 to 259.

Starting weight: 290
    Challenge SW: 272
    Current weight: 259
  • kidakiwi04
    Options
    bah no change in weight, but then again I didn't do as well I should have last week hopefully this week coming up will be different.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    here, a day late. Weight is 188.5, which is the same as last monday. I did see a mid-week low of 187 though, so hoping to get back to that soon.... If you recall, i had a high peaks climb this weekend, which required eating a bit over (500) on Friday, eating a lot (but still under thanks to a 2000+ calorie burn) on Saturday, and a muscle recovery day on Sunday (over but not by a lot). My weight yesterday was actually 189.5 but i knew it was a fluke due to the hike.... Anyhoo, have been doing well with the eating plan and got in the hike, 2 good C25K days (week 4), a night of yoga class and 2 good sessions on my recumbent (evil!) bike. So despite looking like I'm at a stand-still on paper, I think it was, over-all, a good week. Hope to see some movement next week before that pumpkin pie show up on the scene ;) lol
  • LuvChocLabs
    Options
    I'm in. I've been working on changing bad habits for two weeks now and I'm already feeling results - but my scale has a dead battery, so I've no official weigh in weight yet. Hopefully I can get a battery this week and make it official. I figure I'm somewhere between 210 - 220, and my goal is to get down to 150 - 160. If I can get 50 off by June, I'll be right on track!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I messaged billybed but I had a ,2lb gain.
    No surprised (pregnant) but satisiefd. I stayed on track and worked out so I know I'm doing it right. )