Strippers please help!!!!

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but I am good friends with one. She says that a lot of the girls go through and get sugaring done (which apparently isn't as harsh as waxing. *shrugs*).

She said with time and doing it often enough eventually the hair gets so fine that it is as soft as a baby's bottom when it grows in... but it takes time. She also said that lotion is your best friend as it helps with the smoothness of her skin.
    Extremely helpful, I'll look into sugaring.
    Bath and body works has some that leave the skin sooooo soft, by the way. But some people find the aroma too strong. They're about $16 a container.

I get mine at Vicky's and it smells delightful. Normally about $9 each, but they run sales all the time for 5/$30.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I refuse to discuss my past.
    But it's for science!:bigsmile:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but I am good friends with one. She says that a lot of the girls go through and get sugaring done (which apparently isn't as harsh as waxing. *shrugs*).

She said with time and doing it often enough eventually the hair gets so fine that it is as soft as a baby's bottom when it grows in... but it takes time. She also said that lotion is your best friend as it helps with the smoothness of her skin.
    Bath and body works has some that leave the skin sooooo soft, by the way. But some people find the aroma too strong. They're about $16 a container.
    Lotion or sugaring products?
    Sugaring. I don't buy their lotions, they dry far too quickly. Gack lol.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    Why didn't you ask the girl that was stripping for some tips?
    I was a bit distracted.:blushing:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Use baby oil gel as shave cream. It makes things incredibly smooth and prevents razor burn and ingrown hairs in sensitive areas... Cough.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stripper, but I do know a few. A really sharp razor, exfoliating, and a gel or oil lotion also gives you that shine with the smoothness. Least that's what they tell me. Sugaring does help with re-growth too.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you ask the girl that was stripping for some tips?

tumblr_ls38vlSH3s1qbi1f7o1_500.jpg
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options

So this is something you can do at home on your own? How messy is it, and is it safe for more intimate areas?
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    this is a good thread...love the title. My leg hair grows extremely fast as well. I have never heard of sugaring before. Will look into that as well. When I shave before the gym, the next morning I have slight stubble. Damn hair...ugh..thank god for fitted capri gym pants or else I wouldnt shave in the winter. LOL...oopppps:laugh:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    on my feed this thread title must appear
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stripper, but I do sugaring. I usually only do it once a month on my legs and arms and epilate in between that time. But I sugar my armpits and *ahem* weekly to keep it up (it's much more bearable when it's only a few hairs rather than a whole bunch!). I also make sure to keep myself exfoliated to avoid ingrowns. I make all my own stuff, so my soap is my homemade papaya and aspirin soap (for chemical exfoliation) with my exfoliating gloves (for physical exfoliation) and after an initial scrub, I'll use the gloves in the same way you would use a body brush (tips to heart). Makes you super smooth. I make sure to stay moisturized too. Again, I make my own stuff, so in the morning I use my olive and oatmeal body cream and my coconut shea whipped butter at night. Keeps me very very soft with glowing skin, no ingrowns, no hair (and no shaving!), and it's fun to make. Sugaring takes a bit of time to master, but once you do, I doubt you'll go back. Much easier clean up too since it dissolves in water!

Edit: Oh, I make my own sugar wax too. So if you want the recipe and how to do it, let me know. It's crazy cheap and easy to make, but you don't use it like regular wax.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options

This is so weird to me. I am not a stripper, but I am a pole dancer and most pole dancers I know do not use lotion. period. the oils in lotion cause problems with staying on the pole for both you and anyone else using same pole. even after using alcohol on the pole, it has to be roughed up if it has gotten oil on it. many of the polers i know are also strippers. what a mystery!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

I know they have sugar exfoliants, but do they sell sugar wax? A regular exfoliant isn't going to take the hair off, though following up with an exfoliant would probably also keep your legs pretty smooth.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    in... for "help" from strippers!

ENcDPsX.gif
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have nothing substantial to offer but have to say, I LOVE the title of this thread!

:laugh:
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    I'm not a stripper but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, use aloe vera.
    Unless your allergic to it then stay well away from it.

Thanks for this post i could do with something to make my legs a bit smoother
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    oh, I got this, I used to work with tons of strippers (srs). try shaving with lube... it's like magic. otherwise, as someone said, tend skin works great but it is pricey. I recommend the one with the roller.

eta: forgot to mention, they always said they DON'T use lotion because it makes their legs too slippery.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I only shave one of my legs. PM me if you want pics...
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Not a stripper (mainly because I am fat. And would hurt myself on those shoes.) But I have started waxing my legs. Love it. Super smooth and less maintenance. Amazon has microwave roll on wax that also makes it easy and not so Damn messy.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Two of my best friends in town are strippers. Its amazing how much they know about weight loss and how to look good. Its like they all attend a secret camp or something.