What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    one large egg with 1 cup of eggwhites, and 4 cups of veggies (mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado, spinach, zucchini) with a wee bit of cheese melted over top and a cup of coffee with 5% cream and stevia

Lots of protein and very filling.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    I eat the same breakfast everyday. One slice of gluten free toast with teaspoon of all natural peanut butter. A banana and a coffee with skim milk and sweetener.
  • Hawby
    Hawby Posts: 1
    yogurt, banana and too much coffee (four cups)
  • A smoothie consisting of 1 banana, handful of spinach, kale, 1-2cups frozen fruit, almond milk, 1 spoon plain greek yogurt, flax seeds, and protein powder
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    When I'm at work I have 1st breakfast at 05:00 - 1 x poached egg, 1 serve scrambled eggs with extra butter and cheese, 2 rashers of bacon and 5 fried mushrooms. Second breakfast is at 07:00 and I'll have a couple slices of pineapple and rockmelon and some pistachios and almonds.

When I'm home I have a protein smoothie at 06:00 with spinach or kale, various frozen fruit (banana, mango, pineapple, apple, berries), coconut cream, coconut water, homemade almond milk, homemade greek yoghurt, maca powder, goji berries, maqui powder, green nutrient powder, protein powder, raw cacao nibs, mixed seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc) bee pollen and whatever else takes my fancy. This makes up a 2 litre jug and I have 3 or 4 serves over the day with ice.
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    1 cup shredded wheat mini's 1/4 cup blueberries 2 tbs sliced almonds 1/2 2 % milk 1 small grapefruit
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    I usually like to eat some kind of eggs and a piece of fruit for breakfast. I'm hungry in the morning and I can wait a bit longer to have lunch. That helps me eat dinner later since my husband doesn't get home until 7.
  • Eggs or oatmeal!
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    At least 2 cups of coffee and 2 shots of cream
    Breakfast of champions
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Black coffee and an apricot Clif bar (230 cals) every morning, whether I am dieting or not. Only think that gets me going and controls my sweet craving for the day.

Not the healthiest, I know, but it works for me.
  • I alternate between my morning smoothie (banana, kale, spinach, apple sauce) or an omelet (egg, spinach, onion, tomato, kale).

OH, and coffee (can't function without it!).
  • Usually I will make a gluten free banana waffel or
    A mini 100% whole wheat bagel with spinach, avacado, egg white, and mini sweet peppers.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    My current favorite breakfast is a couple of slices of whole-wheat toast with peanut butter, and some fortified OJ or other juice. Keeps me full until lunch.

Otherwise, I'll eat cereal or oatmeal with light soy milk. If I'm running out the door, I'll grab a Luna bar.
  • feadzy
    feadzy Posts: 22
    fat-free Quark diluted with a bit of water.. with cinnamon, stevia and vanilla bean.. and often fruit. Very filling, very low in cals and quiet delicious :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product) < If you don't know what it is.. appears to be a local thing.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    My favorite breakfast is oatmeal with a little brown sugar, peanut butter, cinnamon, and either raisins or half a banana cut up.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    I suspect I'm alone on this, but usually a muffin made from flax seed and a bit of MCT oil. The coffee goes without saying.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    My work breakfast is a P28 high protein bagel with low fat cream cheese, and coffee.

On weekends, I try to have egg white omelets or protein pancakes. I usually also have a protein shake, since I go to the trainer early on Sat mornings.

So far it's working for me :)
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Protein shake - 1 scoop of ON chocolate powder with 8 oz of almond milk & 1/2 cup non-fat Chobani yogurt;
    2 slices of Sara Lee multigrain bread with sunflower butter or
    2 eggs with a sprinkle of cheese and slice of toast.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Subway egg white BMT. It was horrible.
  • luvrock93
    luvrock93 Posts: 4 Member
    Cold cereal (usually Kashi) and a banana.