COFFEE LOVERS!? What do you put in your coffee?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    IM A COFFEE FREAK

Hazelnut is my favorite creamer / flavor I am more for a smooth flavor / kinda creamy coffee
    When I started my diet I stopped adding sugar,
    only non-dairy fatfree /sugarfree creamer plain flavor 10 cals per tsp

I buy New england brand coffee brand at walmart - for $4 bag
    they have so many flavors "flavored coffee grounds"
    its wonderful
    its helped my transition into no sugar because its a fabulous taste coffee with a dash of creamer
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ghee and coconut oil, then hit it with a hand blender. Sometimes I add a little maple syrup.
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I drank instant coffee with loads of milk and/or cream for years. Turning point was leaving the UK for France and then Switzerland. Been hooked on good quality fresh ground black coffee ever since.
    Now that I'm back working in the UK I make myself a big pot of Carte Noire or Lavazza to drink thoughout the day.
    I'm not a smoker but suspect that the buzz I get from that first coffee is similar to that first cigarette of the day.
    I always have a large glass of water before the coffee, and at next to zero cals I can focus my guilt elsewhere!
  • esmeylull
    Options
    Splenda isn't the best sweetener. I prefer Stevia( It's all natural , organic and strong). There are some calorie free syrups(they are called skinny syrups) but I am not a fan of them. I like to add some whole milk and honey, it satisfies me more , it is more natural and tastes better to me.
  • cmdeibler
    cmdeibler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have weaned myself down to completely unsweet coffee and tea in the past. Lately I put a little honey in my hot or iced tea. As for coffee, the flavored and especially sugar free/fat free creamers are nothing except chemicals. They scare me, so like coke, I love them, but steer clear except for a special treat now and then. I personally use organic half and half or sometimes almond milk. I love flavored coffee and will add a few drops of agave or sometimes natural sugar. Sugar isn't my bestie, but it beats chemical replacements, imo. I try to stick to natural foods with the least processing or added ingredients as much as possible.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Walk to the furthest Dunkin's you can reasonably find.
    Enjoy your coffee, calories and all.
    Walk back!
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nothing, or 1tsp sugar and a few drops of pure vanilla extract. Hubby takes 2 tsp sugar, a few drops of vanilla and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • TravisMalsbary
    Options
    ditch the folgers, get an aeropress, some quality whole bean coffee and a cheap grinder. 1 sweet n low and a splash of half n half. The best coffee evarrrrrrr
  • OwnedByAshKaiPet
    Options
    Black with 2oz soy milk , sometimes I add a teaspoon of coconut oil...yummy
  • valerielindstrom
    Options
    K Cups ( greenmountain are calorie free ) ~ lots of flavors ~ I only drink Almond Milk & its OK in coffee too ~ the FF as in D donuts, Mc Ds & Starbucks have scary amounts of calories in some of them. I too was a 2 pot a day coffee drinker & because I live in a town with three S bucks , they knew me by 1st name & drink ! I cut way back. Home made drinks are way better ~ Ive switched to all black drinks ! its only hard at first
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    usually black, I'd rather eat my calories then drink them, unless its alcohol. If I have a sweet tooth for some reason I will measure 1-2 T of some kind of creamer. I'm now using Lucerne Peppermint white chocolate creamer. It's really good.
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Long, strong, black - just coffee
  • biscuit1942
    biscuit1942 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink about 8-10 cups a day and the occaisonal splurge from starbucks or dunkin. I am addicted to creamers and love the thin mint and peppermint flavors. I was consuming about 200 calories alone in creamer. I started to gradually cut back and then would eat peppermints while I drank coffee. Cut back before you make drastic changes. When I go to dunkin these days i have to ask for no sugar because it is to much.
    good luck!
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i love coffee... not sugar or artificial flavors needed.

my favorites ...
    - a double shot of espresso (doppio), or
    - a cappuccino (1/3 espresso - single shot, 1/3 hot milk, and 1/3 steamed-milk foam - a total of 5 or 6 fl oz)

oh.... and i do love breves (cafe or mocha) ... but only on special occasions as it is an entire meals worth of calories in a tiny little cup. A 12 oz. Caffe Breve contains about 450 calories.
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use the Safeway brand of hazelnut sugar free creamer. I drink anywhere from three to five cups a day. I love coffee and know that with my sugar free creamer it's all good.
  • Lauracanbe125
    Options
    Hey There My Fellow Coffee Lover,
    First of all don't cut back too fast on your coffee or you will get a nasty migraine headache from the lack of caffeine. Go down 1/2 cup at a time. Equal has the worst side effects but now Splenda is getting a bad rap too. I tried Stevia but I think it has a bad after taste. Right now I try to only have one cup of coffee per day. I use Splenda and Regular Coffeemate Powder. You could use the flavored kind. I choose not to use sugar at present due to so much weight left to still loose. At some point I would like to ditch the Splenda too. I think all chemicals are bad for us. I may try Agave since it is sweeter. Coffee does stimulate your appetite so don't over do it :) Cheers:drinker:
    Laura
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I put in whatever international delight or coffeemate creamer I happen to have, as well as either sweet-n-low or splenda, and some coffee grinder spices from Trader Joe's.

I know that there are healthier ways of sweetening up my coffee (and better creams or milk too), but I have a cup or two every couple of days or so, not all day long like some I know. The total amount of calories I add is in the ballpark of 50-75 calories, depending on the creamer I use. That's less than a can of regular soda, or even some iced teas.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you love coffee then drink coffee! It's actually ultra low-cal. Iced black coffee, hot black coffee, iced americano, hot americano, and for the real coffee lover the red eye (cup of black coffee with shot of espresso poured in). For the sugar and cream lover, I've got nothing other than cut back until the point that you are just drinking coffee. A good black coffee is so flavorful and satisfying- you just have to retrain your palette to appreciated the natural flavor of coffee. Try it for two weeks before you decide you must have fake sugars and fake creamers. I swear it grows on you quick!
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love it black! But sometimes when I'm in the mood for something sweet, I'll add almond milk and/or some brown sugar. :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I like Stevia and sugar free french vanilla or sugar free caramel macchiato creamer. Torani also makes great sugar free coffee syrups. I shop them on Amazon since there are a wide variety of flavors. My personal favorite is the almond rocha.