ME? LOSE 100 POUNDS? Impossible, but I did it!

Options

Replies

• iiDCrawley
    Options
    Congratz!
  • SheFitWalks
    SheFitWalks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to me. Not only in getting healthy and fit, but your perseverance helps me to see that we can do anything we decide to do. Now, I'm going to have to go think about that and what exactly do I want to do that I didn't think was possible. :) Thank you, Sue! I know you will be walking everywhere soon on your new knees. Can't wait to hear your continuing story!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You are going to be 69 years young ! You look amazing and you ARE amazing !!! Such an inspiration.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    YOU are an inspiration!! Incredible work!!
  • healthyme_2013
    Options
    Fantabulous!!! Amazing !! Inspirational!
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! God Bless you.....simply amazing. A true testament that anyone can do this at any age! Well Done!
  • anastasiab1621
    anastasiab1621 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is the very best post I have ever seen in this forum. Congratulations on your success!
  • g_abian03
    g_abian03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration.:smile:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You are amazing - what an incredible transformation!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up. Very inspirational!
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Which proves, if you want something bad enough, you'll get it!
  • snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love your story. Thank you for sharing this.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    You are just BEAUTIFUL!! I have missed your daily (or weekly) posts. I have missed you.

I see the ring you were so proud of!!

And I am just EXTREMELY happy for you. From " how am I going to lose 70 pounds" to "I have lost over 100 and going to do more" is a WONDERFUL place to be!!

A HUGE congrats to you--and to Ed!!

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!!
  • SkyMaiden007
    SkyMaiden007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for writing this post.

I have mobility issues due to a massive stroke, and I have been using it as an excuse.

This post is JUST what I needed!!

THANK YOU!!!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look beautiful and happy. Your story is truly inspirational, and I am very impressed by your hard work.
  • SaxophoneNerd
    SaxophoneNerd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story! You look absolutely AMAZING! Congratulations and great job!
  • alioop555
    Options
    fantastic story
    Honest, inspirational and a happy ending
    You had motivated me to do something about my weight
    Would love to know what type of eating plan did you follow.:flowerforyou:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    fantastic story
    Honest, inspirational and a happy ending
    You had motivated me to do something about my weight
    Would love to know what type of eating plan did you follow.:flowerforyou:

Someone else asked the same question earlier. Here was my response.

Once I made up my mind to get serious and 'diet' (a four letter word that I hate), I went for extreme choice at first. In December 2012, I was consuming only meal replacement shakes and bars. My sweet doctor asked me to "...eat some real food please." That's when I decided to start counting calories and found MFP. With all my labs done and clearance from my doctor and nutritionist, I began eating 1,000 calories a day...3 meals and a snack.

That number of calorie IS SUITABLE from someone of my age whose activity level was limited by my wheelchair dependent life. I don't advice other people to follow my example of food and calorie limits. Everyone is different and should be checked out by their doctor, before assuming that they are okay with their chosen food plan.

During and post surgery, I have increased my daily calorie to 1,200 and still continue to lose weight steadily. Once I am back to swimming and on my feet, I may be able to eat even more calories; but I prefer to NOT calculate exercise calorie credits. I think that can be very misleading.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I...I....well...I love you! ( I can say that, right, without you getting freaked out?)

And to think, I almost didn't read your post! However - I found inspiration for not only me, but for my 69 year old mother who is going through physical problems herself (fibromyalgia, plus really bad arthritis, her spine is beginning to fuse, and she just found out today she is looking @ a hip replacement in the future! She already had a knee replacement several years past...) Totally forgot about the "Sit and Fit program! I'm sharing this post with her.

Proof positive that If your desire to change is stronger than your desire to stay the same, then you will make the changes. My new mantra when I'm running & want to wimp out will be "what would Sue do?"
  • gmms57
    gmms57 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome and inspiring story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!