Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• SeeLShrink
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

I made it to my classes tonight! Spin class was good, much better than last week. My bum did not get quite as sore, and I understood what the instructor was saying better this time, so I felt I performed better. Got another 17 miles in on the bike this week. Afterwards I took some time to stretch right before my circuit class, and I did not get any cramps! Thank God! I am feeling sore already, so tomorrow will be a great yoga day.

Tuesday - Part of my goals for January was to try two new fitness classes. So far I've just tried one, so here in the next week or so I need to get to another new one. I keep thinking I'll do that kickboxing one, but if I don't make it, I may just try a yoga class. There is also an intense strength training class called bodypump that I'm interested in. No matter what, I need to get it done so I can cross it off the list :smile:

Everyone is doing great! Keep it up!

Happy hump day tomorrow!

Lauren
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Nettie don't let those people get you down. :angry: Most of them have probably never been really heavy and have no idea how strong some of us are. They can't imagine trying to move themselves that way. For petes sake, we have core muscles how else could we move the extra body weight around. My plan was always to keep the muscle and lose the fat. lol! I'd like to be someday 135 and able to press 250 with my legs. :laugh: For a forum that is supposed to be about support, some people just can't keep their mouth shut. That lady who messaged you was probably the thing that impressed me the most about the whole thing. That was kind. Definitely go for the C25k... have fun with it. I'm planning to try it in the spring. My brother and SIL are doing it now. You'll know when to push harder or when to back off... because you know your body! Good luck!
    Laurie go for it!!! Discover what you like and love to do. We could all wait forever to find the right time.
    AFM:
    I'm still mad. Furious in fact. And hurt but I'm a chicken. We'll see.
    Everyone have a great day!!!
  • dukesduchess350
    dukesduchess350 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW I miss a few days and it takes me hours to catch up.That serves me right from not keeping up. haha.:laugh:

@Robin- I'm glad that you are ok and that the doctor's are taking care of the issues at hand.

@skinnyjeanz- I'm sorry to hear that Gunner had to go to the vets and hopefully he's doing better now.

AFM- My little guy is a guinea pig and he's still in critical health so for me I'm spending a lot of time at my vet's. It's almost every other day that he has to go in for treatment. Thank goodness my vet and his staff is amazing! I'm so glad I found him otherwise I think I would have lost my little one. First thing in the morning he's being dropped off at the clinic and then I'll be able to pick him up after work. The only con that I have about my vet is that he's out in Libertyville so it's a little hike if I'm not going out that way. As for the pipes at the new house so far we had to replace the pipe to the dishwasher and the dishwasher will need to be replaced since the pipe connection on the dishwasher was busted.
  • hayley5680
    hayley5680 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi New Friends! (I hope I can call ya'll that!)
    I'm relatively new to MFP. I signed up about 2 years ago, but only logged on for one week. I wasn't ready to make a commitment. That has changed, and it needed to!

I've been on for 3 weeks now and have lost almost 5 lbs. (I'm trying to lose 110 lbs, which will put me at 180. I'm short, but I have a lot of muscle left over from my gymnastics days)

So far, I haven't been able to stay under my calorie goal on here. I have a REALLY big struggle with eating at night. I hate going to bed on an empty stomach, and sleep better when I'm absolutely stuffed. Suggestions?

I also have a mental illness and have been on certain medications whose labels warn about increasing your weight. When I was taking Xyprexa, I gained about 120 lbs. in 2 years. That's a lot! Now, I'm no longer taking that one, and am trying to lose all that weight I gained when I was on it.

If you know anyone from Southeastern Iowa who needs a workout buddy...sign me up!!!! Get the word out, all right? haha.

My biggest problem is that I HATE to sweat. I've been doing water aerobics (Okay, so I've gone three times now...) and I love it, but I feel it isn't vigorous enough, so I'm also walking on my treadmill every day and I've downloaded one of the fitness apps advertised on here, which I will start tomorrow. (BTW: WHY oh WHY does MFP classify walking at 2.0 mph as "slow"?! I'm so outta breath by the time I finish a mile! haha!

So, I guess what I'm looking for is some support. I'd go to my hubby, but he's naturally slender and when he says something to me about exercising or eating less, I take it as criticism from someone who doesn't know my struggles.

The reason I decided to post on here tonight is mostly because a) you all seem friendly, and b) I noticed the tracker under the names telling how much weight you've lost. (BTW: congrats!) It gives me hope that I can do it too and I know that you guys have been newbies like me and you've had success. I want to pick your brains and learn from you! (Please let me! haha!)

Well, friends, I'm going to bed. Water aerobics in the morning!!!!!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty well on my January goals. I could be doing better on the water, but I am doing better than I was. I didn't get to go for a walk today so I used the pedaler tonight.
    Tuesday is always my laundry day. I just have to do it for the two of us, so once a week works. This morning the first load drained back into the kitchen and filled both sinks. I was able to find a plumber who would come right out. By noon, and with $190 down the drain (pun intended), I was back to getting the laundry done. It could have been worse, I guess.
    I really admire those of you who are taking the bull by the horns and doing the things that you really want to do. That's what this is all about, taking control of our own lives and making the most of it. I realized today that I am almost exactly the same age my mother was when she died. I have so much I want to do. I'm determined to be healthy and enjoy life.
    Have a great night. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I forgot to welcome the newlings in my earlier post. :flowerforyou:

@hayley--Water aerobics is a great way to burn calories--so if that's what you enjoy doing, go for it! Also, I used to hate sweating when I was heavier (mainly b/c I would break a sweat just walking across the room :laugh: ). However, now I love sweating because it means I'm working really hard and pushing myself. One of my favorite quotes is "Sweat is you fat crying." :drinker: Tracy (tlh) and I were just talking about being evening snackers as well. If you know you will eat more later in the day, just plan your earlier meals to compensate. There's nothing wrong with eating at any time of day, as long as your overall calories stay at a deficit.

@madeline--I must have missed your earlier post about your guinea pig--so sorry to hear he is sick. I hope the doctors get him back to good health soon so you don't have to do all of that driving back and forth.
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hayley, I know what you mean about your hubby, mine is slim too, and I feel the same way you do when he says something about fruit or salad!

Afm it's Wednesday, and I wish it wasn't so hot here!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Nettie~To hell with all the naysayers, from reading various threads I’ve noticed most of those negative nellies don’t know what they’re talking about. And if any of that were true, tell me why 300+ pound people on The Biggest Loser are running – under a trainers direction, mind you. You gave some great advice. C25K is definitely the easiest way to transition into running – you got this! :bigsmile:

@Tammy~I definitely need to follow your direction, I need to go through my closet and drawers something terrible to see what I have – I suspect I need to give to goodwill or toss most of what is in there. Of course, that just means I get to go shopping!

@Laurie~I agree with you 100% also. This doesn’t have anything to do with physical fitness or weight loss but it brings to mind an excursion I just booked for my cruise. I have a tremendous fear of ocean life, I don’t like feeling fish around my feet – kind of freaks me out! Anyway we booked a tour to Stingray City in Grand Cayman where we snorkel with the stingrays (along with conch fishing and visiting the turtle rescue farm), I’m trying to figure out a way to overcome my fear of stingrays and other ocean life – I would hate to miss out on the opportunity to wade through those warm turquoise waters, who knows if we’ll ever get back there.

@L2T~I need to learn to relax and not put so much pressure on myself also, need to learn to go with the flow. I really wanted to be down another 30# by my vacation, which I don’t think is possible – I need to be happy with the fact that being down 12# is better than where I am now, and that should get me down another size.

@Hayley~Welcome! For night snacking, try having a bowl of Cheerios (or other healthy cereal) before going to bed – the milk and carbs will actually help you sleep. They say you shouldn’t have a lot of protein before bed, but quite often I make a protein smoothie around 7:30pm using almond milk, whey protein powder, and frozen berries. LOL at hating to sweat, I used to feel that way – now I feel like if I don’t sweat I haven’t worked out hard enough! :laugh:

@Amanda~Welcome to you as well. I’m plagued with back issues from time to time but have found the elliptical and treadmill don’t aggravate it.

@Madeline~I hope your sweet little guinea pig is on the road to recovery soon!

AFM~Yesterday was busy but calmer at work, I finished some stuff for the auditors fairly earlier so was able to make it to the gym for a session with my trainer. He increased the weight on bench and supine leg curl, so I’m pleasantly sore this morning. :wink: My Wednesday Wish is what I mentioned to Laurie, which is to overcome this fear I have of getting into the water with stingrays and other sea creatures that will be swimming around my feet! I can’t swim in lakes but can walk in the shallow parts of the ocean (until seaweed touches them, then I scream like a little girl :laugh:) – maybe since this water is so clear and I will be able to see everything it will be easier. Anyway, I’m going to have to find the courage to get off the boat and into the water! I know it’s all very controlled and these creatures are used to seeing humans, but still. What’s not to say that one of those stingrays will get startled and feel threatened?! Luckily, I still have a couple of months to psych myself up. :indifferent:

Exercise Goals:

Monday~None, worked late
    Tuesday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Wednesday~Gym, elliptical and stairmill
    Thursday~Gym, training session
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Gym, running drills
    Sunday~Gym, training session

Have a great day!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My life seem so busy that my wish today is......that I wish I could turn back time and not get so side tracked in life so I could have finished some goals earlier when I had the stamina to do so.
    My classes this semester appear at first glance to be really tough, so I will definately need more study time.
    I am really struggling with my food the last few months. I just need to pick one thing to be focused on and do it.

I am using my fit bit but not sure it is accurate it said i burned 1700 calories shoveling snow yesterday for 45 mins. Still trying to figure the thing out.

I am behind on reading posts so need to get caught up.

Have a blessed day everyone!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Wrote a big long personals post this morning.. and it's gone... so I sent out a few PMs instead :explode:

*FINALLY* headed back to work today. I don't know why it took them 3 freaking weeks to get the paperwork done, but I'm going home!

Made two small (4 serving) vegetarian low carb lasagnas. One is frozen the other cooked and dished out to take to work for the rest of this week (one serving was yesterday's lunch). A week's worth of acceptable snacks are packed and in the car (where they've been for over a week) ready to go into the office.... I have salad stuffs for dinners and some fruit for desserts. I'm ready and rarin' to go!

Finally over the foot pain but have been woken up the past two nights with terrible lower back pain. I SUSPECT it's from limping on that side.. It gets better as the day goes on, but after a night in bed.. wowza it hurts. I was up at 4 this morning, I just couldn't lay down any longer. I did find a perfect position that makes me very glad I live alone..... if I stand facing the bed, bend over at the waist, and rest my face on the bed with my arms stretched out in front of me and then lean back a little it streeeeetches the sore spot and feels soooooooooo good. :bigsmile: :laugh:

Wednesday wish - back pain GO AWAY
  • kah68
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages or 500 posts, we start a new Thread , you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @laurie - I love, love, love your goal for the year. I'm very guilty of thinking I'll do something when I get to a certain weight instead of just going out and doing it NOW. Thank you for the reminder that those who sit on the sidelines watch life pass them by.

@skinnyjeans - I like the idea of trying on my too small clothes every week or so. I think I will find that motivating. Once I get into the size 16s, I have no smaller clothes so I may buy a pair of jeans in a 14 so I have another pair of "goal" pants. I just bought a pair I really like so I think it'd be safe to get a smaller size of the exact same pants. Glad your pup is getting back to normal.

@madelinemel - Prayers that your guinea pig gets well soon. It's so hard to watch a beloved pet in pain or distress. They are as dear to us as our children.... which in fact they truly are.

@hayley - Welcome to the group! You've found the right place for support. I'm a big believer that most of the weight battle is figuring out what works and is sustainable for YOU. If you're a night time snacker, then plan your calories around being able to do that. Yes, I know some people say you shouldn't eat after 7, but if being able to snack at night means staying on track calorie wise, then do it. Perhaps it would help if you pre-logged your evening snacks first thing in the morning so you know how the rest of your day has to go.

@kah - I need to learn the same things, but part of me is scared that "relaxing" will lead to "slacking" which will lead to regaining weight. I need a certain amount of stress in any process to make me do my best. I tried on my goal pants again last night and while they button and zip, they are not at all comfortable and I hate wearing too tight clothes. I have 6.5 weeks until we leave and 12.4 lbs to lose. Completely possible and even if I only lose 8, those pants will fit. I just need to keep on doing what I've been doing and I'll come close enough to my goal.

AFM - The weather is finally better and I'm looking forward to getting out and walking at lunchtime. As some of you may remember, DH was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a couple months ago. This weekend he had me setup MFP on his iPhone and iPad. Now he's driving me CRAZY talking about his logging and asking how many calories are in things. He even wanted me to log in dinner for him last night since I cooked (as I always do since the man can't make anything but a grilled cheese sandwich). I refused to do so. I'm not setting that sort of precedence. I gave him the list of ingredients and told him to figure it out. I also told him that I'm not willing to be responsible for anyone's logging but my own. I know it'll get easier as he gets more educated about calories and nutrition, but in the meantime I'll need to remind him from time to time that he's the one in charge of his health just like I am mine.
  • kah68
    Options
    Forcing the rollover...

:heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages or 500 posts, we start a new Thread , you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart:
  • kah68
    Options
    :heart:

I apologize, my PC at work went wonky - and get can't us rolled over, typing this on my phone. If anyone can roll us over, please do...
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting to this thread.....

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

JANUARY CHALLENGES:
    This month is personal. Set your personal monthly challenge and share it with us.
    Wednesday Wish: To see the scale moving again. Yesterday I stepped on the scale when I got home from work and saw a new lower number! (233.2) Then this morning I stepped on the scale really hopeful. NOPE. Same old 234. :ohwell: In time I know. But this gal is becoming rather impatient waiting.

But on a happier note, I used my 8 lb weights for more exercises and a longer period of time than I can usually tolerate! I was so proud of myself. When Brian came home from work last night I ran to the front door to tell him. He looked at me like I was crazy. :laugh: I don't think he truly understands how much of an accomplishment this is for me. I still had my 5 lb-ers right there and switched off to them when I felt like I couldn't lift the 8's any more. It really is amazing how far I have come since the beginning. :happy:

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words with the running situation. I appreciate it. :flowerforyou:

SeeLShrink - I love what you said about the mad muscles. Since starting my Gilad routine my muscles have become rather amazing. Though you would never know by looking at me due to the blanket of fat covering them. I wish you all could feel them. I am rather amazed with them. :happy: Congrats on a successful time at your class!

Lives2Travel - You are on for the pity party for 2. I'll bring the water. :drinker: LOL

Jtconst - Sorry to hear that you bought the wrong band. Sounds like you had a great day though. Don't you hate when your bladder doesn't cooperate with your workout plans? That has happened to me a few times too. Congrats on the smaller sizes and getting rid of the ones that are too big.

Welcome Amanda - I love your ticker! Great pictures.

Karen - I don't actually follow a recipe for kale chips. I just wash and dry with a towel. Cut out the stems and cut the leafy part into bite sized pieces. I put them into a bowl or large ziplock bag with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and seasoning of choice. Usually it is garlic powder and a combination of what ever I am feeling at the moment. I lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet and pop in the oven at 350. Usually baking for about 20 minutes. I take them out when they start to look crisp but not burned.

Laurie - That is wonderful that you are venturing out and trying new things. I love what you said in your post. Best of luck to you. I know you are going to do great!

SkinnyJeanz - Thanks. I am glad Gunner is back to his old self.

P1xyn1xy - I was so grateful that she reached out to me and gave me support. Quiet a few people, who could relate,also came to my defense in the forum. It was very touching. One woman through out the idea of starting a running support group for plus sized people. I messaged her regarding it. I hope she follows through and sets one up. I would happily join.

madelinemel - I hope he is on his way to recovery soon. If you don't mind me asking, what is wrong with him? I may have missed that post.

hayley - Welcome! Jump right in and join us. Make sure you come back regularly to check in. The forum moves fast at times!

Kaye - Sorry to hear about the plumbing issue. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Kah - I have an irrational fear of seaweed too! I also have an issue of getting in the water and not being able to see what is around me. I am afraid of stepping on something like a crab that will get mad and attach myself to my toe. Thankfully, I have discovered the wonderful world of water shoes which helps with my irrational fears a lot. I have absolutely no problem getting into water that is clear and I can see to the bottom. Unfortunately, those waters are not where I live. I think you will have an easier time in the clear water. I have been snorkeling and scuba diving in the clear waters of Honduras and Grand Caymen and absolutely loved it! I would do it again in a heart beat if the opportunity presents itself again!

Edit: I see we rolled. I took care of the 1st post for the newbies.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    OOPS I messed up. Ignore this post.
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Robin - sorry to hear about your health issues...I sure hope they have everything under control now. I think everyone looks for your posts and you are the cornerstone of this thread :)

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything was good with blood pressure, etc. He is impressed that I haven't given up on the weight loss and not using anything but willpower and eating and exercising to do it. The bad part of the appointment was that he is concerned with how my "monthly" has been. It has been very bad the last couple of months as far as the bleeding, clots and pain. He is concerned that it may be a fybroid or DUBS, so I have to go for a vaginal and abdominal ultrasound on Friday. He said either of these would require surgery.

I guess this makes my Wednesday Wish that the ultrasound goes smooth and that they figure out what's going on and what it's going to take to fix it.

You are all such an inspiration and I wish I could do personals like some of you do, but I haven't found the coordination for that yet. I do read each post tho and I'm amazed by you all. Keep up the hard work. No one ever said it would be easy, but it will definitely be worth it.
  • kah68
    Options
    @Nettie~Thanks for taking over for me, the second I decided to force the rollover my computer went wonky. I've been having computer issues at work lately, 3rd time in two weeks it just quit on me! :mad: I had to call in reinforcements. :explode: I'm back up and running now...

@BJ~Don’t let your doc talk you into surgery that isn’t necessary. I had those symptoms and had endometrial ablation, life changing! :wink: Outpatient surgery and 3-4 days recovery. If it is fibroids, depending on size and location they can still do ablation – if he uses the word hysterectomy, get a second opinion and do your research for alternatives. It drives me crazy that docs jump on it anymore. Wishing you the best for your sonograms! I’ve been thru all of this so feel free to PM me with any questions after you get your results.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Wrote a big long personals post this morning.. and it's gone... so I sent out a few PMs instead explode

*FINALLY* headed back to work today. I don't know why it took them 3 freaking weeks to get the paperwork done, but I'm going home!

Made two small (4 serving) vegetarian low carb lasagnas. One is frozen the other cooked and dished out to take to work for the rest of this week (one serving was yesterday's lunch). A week's worth of acceptable snacks are packed and in the car (where they've been for over a week) ready to go into the office.... I have salad stuffs for dinners and some fruit for desserts. I'm ready and rarin' to go!

Finally over the foot pain but have been woken up the past two nights with terrible lower back pain. I SUSPECT it's from limping on that side.. It gets better as the day goes on, but after a night in bed.. wowza it hurts. I was up at 4 this morning, I just couldn't lay down any longer. I did find a perfect position that makes me very glad I live alone..... if I stand facing the bed, bend over at the waist, and rest my face on the bed with my arms stretched out in front of me and then lean back a little it streeeeetches the sore spot and feels soooooooooo good. bigsmile laugh

Wednesday wish - back pain GO AWAY