Chimaira
    Killswitch Engage
    We Were Gentlemen
    Suicide Silence
    Sepultura
    Fear Factory
    All That Remains
    and quite a bit more.

Gah! I forgot about Fear Factory! Love them! Sepultura is cool, too. Saw them with Ozzie and Type O. :happy:

Ministry, too. I love Ministry!
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anyone else like (ones that havent been named)

Mushroomhead
    Pitchblack forecast
    Ventana
    Devildriver
    divine heresy
    GWAR
    Mudvayne
    Static x
    slipknot

Anyone? lol

Mushroomhead and Slipknot :heart:
  • moosiau
    Options
    I love listening to power metal during a workout! It really gets me fired up! I love anything metal really. My favorite bands include The Haunted, Machine Head, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica....the list could go on and on. It's nice to see so many fellow Metal Heads on this site! Feel free to add me!! \m/>.<\m/

The Haunted are AMAZING!!! :bigsmile: I haven't actually met many people that even know who they are, though...it's a shame :ohwell:

Machine head are awesome aswell :happy: Got the chance to see them at download in 2012 :bigsmile: Fingers crossed that they come to sonisphere this year :laugh:
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Have Pandora on Rob Zombie while working out!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Here's my short list....

Mutha****in SLAYER!!!!! - saw them 11 times (lol) took my son to see them a couple years ago.
    Machinehead (Saw them last summer with my son LOL)
    Job for cowboy
    Tool
    System of a down
    Pantera
    Slipknot
    Static X
    Huntress
    Soulfly
    Testament
    Megadeth
    Sepultura
    Fear Factory
    OTEP \m/
    Devil Wears Prada
    Deftones

And many, many others.

I'm fortunate my oldest son really got into metal the last 4 years, so he turns me onto some new stuff on occasion and I school him on old-school metal. ;) And the first metal concert we went to...omg so surreal to be head banging to Slayer with my spawn. Best time ever!!! \m/
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I remember meeting a Brazilian dude at a bar a number of years ago. He asked my buddy, "What you think Brazil's favorite heavy metal band?" My buddy said with a snarkey tone, "I don't know... Metallica." The guy, holding a fist up and flexing his arm, "SEPULTURA!!" How my buddy missed the right answer is beyond me, but that Brazilian guy was awesome.

I'm rocking the hell out of Revocation and Death Angel's new album. Czar, Gojira, Dying Fetus, Prong, Lamb of God, Goatwhore, Meshuggah, Dillinger Escape Plan, Bolt Thrower, High on Fire, Pig Destroyer, Sylosis, Marduk, Converge, Shining, Misery Index, and Obscura are also in heavy rotation.
  • moosiau
    Options
    Seeing this thread makes me realize I need to get my butt back out there, haven't been to a good concert in a long time!!! My favorite one so far was back in 2001 here in Dallas, TX at the Pledge Of Allegience Tour with American head charge, Mudvayne, headlined with System Of A Down & Slipknot!!!!!

urgh....I would have loved to see System of a Down live!! Saw Slipknot last year, though and they were great!!

I think the best band that I've ever seen live were Rammstein :bigsmile:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Oh, Dimmu Borgir, too. :bigsmile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    does melodic metal count? :bigsmile: such a big fan of Sonata arctica, Night wish and Hammerfall! cant say im into the screamer metals :X lol

Nightwish! :drinker:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Ok, don't think I've seen KMFDM mentioned yet either, or you know, MDFMK for a few years there.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Seeing this thread makes me realize I need to get my butt back out there, haven't been to a good concert in a long time!!! My favorite one so far was back in 2001 here in Dallas, TX at the Pledge Of Allegience Tour with American head charge, Mudvayne, headlined with System Of A Down & Slipknot!!!!!

urgh....I would have loved to see System of a Down live!! Saw Slipknot last year, though and they were great!!

I think the best band that I've ever seen live were Rammstein :bigsmile:

A Slipknot concert is definitely on my bucket list!

I've been to a ton of concerts, and I have to say that my top three, in no particular order, are: Korn (first album tour), Acid Bath, and Roger Waters (he performed The Wall).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Been head bangin' since I was 13 and won't stop!

You can't kill the metal!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC6CPwu0I44

\m/ \m/

My new favorite is THC (Texas Hippie Coalition). If you haven't heard them yet, check 'em out! They remind me a little of Pantera, with a flavor of ZZ Top.
    Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGwA8Jc5Bb0

\m/ \m/
    :smokin: :drinker:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Ok, don't think I've seen KMFDM mentioned yet either, or you know, MDFMK for a few years there.

KMFDM is really good, too!
  • sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes! I made a workout playlist that really gets me pumped. Some artists include:

Pantera
    Tool
    Fear Factory
    Soil
    Coal Chamber
    Deftones
    Slayer
    Metallica
    All That Remains
    Rage Against the Machine
    Asking Alexandria
    Killswitch Engage
    Atreyu
    Nonpoint

The list goes on. LOVE metal and hard rock \m/

10502468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Boomsnapdan
    Boomsnapdan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Massive Metal Head

My band - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3tw7lTci6c
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No one listed these so i say give them listens.

The Devil Wears Prada
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Chelsea Grin
    Upon a Burning Body
    Motionless in White
    Asking Alexandria
    Emmure
    Underoath
    Bring Me The Horizon

If you prefer a little more singing to the growls and such i would go with Asking Alexandria and Motionless in White even TDWP
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    No one listed these so i say give them listens.

The Devil Wears Prada
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Chelsea Grin
    Upon a Burning Body
    Motionless in White
    Asking Alexandria
    Emmure
    Underoath
    Bring Me The Horizon

If you prefer a little more singing to the growls and such i would go with Asking Alexandria and Motionless in White even TDWP

Acid Bath = melodic and singing (and growling) :)
  • xocasey800
    Options
    Metal fan right here!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm a concert junky! I like all types of music, and the hard stuff is some of my fav. A mosh pit just can't function properly without it!

I saw Pantera when I was 15, and the last concert I went to (FFDP) I literally got thrown/drug out because apparently I was 'throwing down' more than the rules allowed. Oh well-I was just happy I didn't lose anything in that experience.

There are so many favs on my list of already seen, and so many left on my bucketlist.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I also love Slipknot and Korn but I don't get to listen to them much anymore. Not very child appropriate.

Right there with you especially on not being child appropriate........ love some slipknot!!!!!

Meh... My kids made it to their teens without being scarred by "inappropriate language." My daughter turned out to be a rocker, likes both metal and punk. My son "appreciates" metal, but is one of those hippity-hoppers listening to that "rap music." But they are both "Unmatched, Untouched, Unscarred" by growing up with metal as a big part of their home life. :smokin: :drinker:

>:@K Censorship
    :laugh: :smokin:
    :devil: :devil: :devil:

"Sex and drugs and rock and roll; we'll all meet down at the crossroads. Sex and drugs and rock and roll; we'll tell the devil where he can go." ~TATTOOS~TITTIES~LIPSTICK~N~WHISKEY~TWIS­TED HIPPIE CHICKS~