• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Just a BUMP to keep up.....:bigsmile:

Lin
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    First of all:, Nettie, when I read about your problem on the forums it made me mad! It is so commendable that you are running, especially if you're bigger than you feel comfortable at. How dare people criticize you for being proactive and trying to get healthy. Stick with the running and ignore them. I've noticed that people on the forum like to fight with each other. I rarely respond to the forums, but if I do, I give a positive comment, then I'll often see a number of negative Nellies (hey, coincidence not intended!) get on after me and spoil the whole thread.

Also Marie, thanks for the book suggestion. I plan on getting it. I finished reading "Wheat Belly" last night and it's also quite an eye opener as to what the food industry in the USA is doing. It made me look at eating differently, more about being healthy , instead of just about losing weight.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Wed. Wish:, I wish it was WARM! I went to the gym and froze getting to the car as I was sweaty and the wind was fierce!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That everyone has a perfect on track kinda day today! :flowerforyou:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Also Marie, thanks for the book suggestion. I plan on getting it. I finished reading "Wheat Belly" last night and it's also quite an eye opener as to what the food industry in the USA is doing. It made me look at eating differently, more about being healthy , instead of just about losing weight.

I think that suggestion post disappeared......spam? Or what??

Best wishes to all.

Lin
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    **bump**
  • fullcrowmoon
    fullcrowmoon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That I finally manage to go into ketosis this week and keep my weight loss going!
  • kymm40
    kymm40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: To shed this cumbersome weight and to feel better about my self. My short term wish to get myself together so that I can stay within my daily calorie allotment.
  • dukesduchess350
    dukesduchess350 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @Naomi- You can send some of that nice warm weather to the WIndy City of Chicago. I could really use some of that nice warmth.

@Jnettie- My little guy started off with a burr on his back molar which caused him to stop eating. When guinea pigs don't eat constantly they start forming gas bubbles in their stomach that makes him think that he's full even though he hasn't eaten anything. Unfortunately they're not able to pass gas so we have him on all kinds of special meds to help make him push those bubbles out and make him hungry. Now we found out that he's anemic so they added vitamins to his list of meds to take. Now that the burr has been filed down and he's able to eat regular food but he doesn't want to because it reminds him of pain everytime he wants to try eating regular food. I was joking with the vet's wife saying as much time as I spend there I should just move in and help take care of the pets that have to stay overnight. Maybe I can get free vet care! :wink: :laugh:

AFM- My Wednesday wish is for my life to get back to normal and all friends and family healthy & happy.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I am moving slow today but I did make myself get up and out for my walk with the dogs. After the first lap the puppy settled down pretty good. I can tell I am starting to push myself a little harder since I am now stating to sweat by the second lap. Where as before I wasnt sweating much at all. I was starving when I got home from getting the kids off to school so before taking the dogs out I made self a breakfast burrito. A few more calories then I usually use for breakfast but all that protein should last me for awhile and it sure did taste good. :happy:

My wish for this wednesday is to find some energy since I have alot to get done. I do have to admit I am feeling more energetic after the walk so apparently that helped wake me up.

Todays workout per HRM:
    58 minutes long
    burned 1230 calories of which I claimed 700
    went 2.3 miles
    walked 6676 steps

Alrighty I have to get in the shower and get ready to take the dogs to the groomers. Have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • SeeLShrink
    Options
    bumping for later :wink:
  • hayley5680
    hayley5680 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Has anyone read the book "Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit?" It's a man who always "lived healthy" eating right and exercising a ton and he became a personal trainer. He couldn't understand why people couldn't just choose to live "right" and help themselves. He thought that food addiction and a sedentary lifestyle were a choice. (I agree...to some extent...debate if you want).
    Anywho, he decided to take a break from the gym and healthy eating for 6 months, see how much weight he gained and then use the next six months to get back to "fit". I'm only at the beginning of the book, but at the end, he gives examples of eating plans and recipes.

Now, I LOVE to cook, but all of his recipes have vanilla protein powder in them, esp. his morning shakes.

Does anyone have any experience with protein powder? Does it help you feel full? Because honestly, I don't think I could get full on just a shake for breakfast! What is it supposed to do and does anyone have any brands (relatively inexpensive ones, please) that I should try first? Or should I avoid them altogether? I'm looking to lose and "tone up", but not necessarily "bulk up."

Thanks!

My Wednesday wish already came true: I work up early and went to water aerobics and worked my butt off! I can seriously feel it in my legs! YAY!!!! I'll walk later on tonight...after some ibuprofen! haha! I also went to therapy where we "processed" the fact that my Grandma died yesterday. It wasn't exactly unexpected (she was 96), but it still sucks, ya know? Then I gave blood and when they took my BP, it was down! My bottom number is still a LITTLE high (124/89), but it's on its way!!!

I hope everyone has a great day, and I'll probably check in tomorrow. May be time for a shower and a nap!
    loves
  • volleyballguy10
    Options
    I really like the way this thread is put together! So motivating and a sense of community! I'm just getting back on my workout and dieting routine. I used to do really well with it, but with work stress and not having my college schedule where I could workout a lot I ended up gaining a lot of weight. I am enjoying my new found energy with my workouts again, and the lack of eating terrible. I do struggle more with diet than with exercise. I'm a bit of an exercise fiend, but I tend to eat terrible which negates my workouts. Hopefully I'll get some self control on that end. My wish for Wednesday is that everyone is able to feel good about themselves and enjoy the day!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My life seem so busy that my wish today is......that I wish I could turn back time and not get so side tracked in life so I could have finished some goals earlier when I had the stamina to do so.
    My classes this semester appear at first glance to be really tough, so I will definately need more study time.
    I am really struggling with my food the last few months. I just need to pick one thing to be focused on and do it.

I am using my fit bit but not sure it is accurate it said i burned 1700 calories shoveling snow yesterday for 45 mins. Still trying to figure the thing out.

I am behind on reading posts so need to get caught up.

Have a blessed day everyone!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I'll be back.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wow. My Wednesday Wish is that I wouldn't have missed reading these posts for the last two days, because it took a while to catch up and I feel like I skimmed a lot.

My take-back-dinner goal is going well this week. Making great use of our slow cooker, and pulled out some old Weight Watchers recipes.

Maybe this weekend I'll have some time to prep some freezer meals....we used to do that. Why did we ever stop? :)
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: BUMP:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: AND HI!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @MNWALKINGQUEEN: I shoveled snow for 45 minutes this morning, too.....would be pretty sweet if that burned 1700 calories....if only they came off as easy as they can be consumed. :)
  • lillyella86
    Options
    Wednesday wish; I wish I can keep my determination to shift this weight, as I have failed so many times. I just want to be happy and confident in my own skin.

Lilly x

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 38379055.png\
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools}
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options

I think that suggestion post disappeared......spam? Or what??

Best wishes to all.

Lin

Lin, Marie posted the name of the book, on the last page before the turnover....I haven't checked , but it should still be there.