Looking for friends who started over 250lbs and dropping!

Options

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Here I am!
  • milknbeans
    Options
    Oops
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I started at 260 in 2012. I dropped 60lbs then became pregnant. I gained back 80lbs with my pregnancy so I just started really attempting to lose weight again a month ago. Starting from the start point again was tough, but I keep putting one foot in front of the other, literally and figuratively. My start weight was 260 and I'm down 22lbs so far. Feel free to add me. I welcome new and active friends. I'm on every day and try to be as supportive as I possibly can.
  • milknbeans
    Options
    Started at 273 in April 2013 -- I'm now at 223! For me -- it's been calories in vs. calories out. I'm still not done yet! Just losing 50 pounds -- I'm stronger, have tons of energy and I'm overall a happier person! :)

Hiya, do you mean you concentrated more on calorie intake as opposed to exercise? Or did you do both?
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    on january 27 2009 i stepped on our new bathroom scale only to read 305lbs. I went on a tear and lost 102lbs. I did it by living at the gym and eating salads.Healthy? yes maybe. Well life happened along came my son and suddenly there went all those hours i could spend in the gym and who had time for making food? I maintained my weight around 220 for the first year but was eating like a gym beast. highprotein lots of calories. combine that with a shoulder injury that made me put down the barbellsfor over 2 years and suddenly scale read 270.

I have gradually phased the weight lifting in again but have added running into my workouts as well and am currently in training for a half marathon. We have tried making healthier choices at the grocery store but have not been able to completely remove all the bad stuff from our diets. I have made a couple discoveries about myself along the way.

One is that when i was growing up my mom basically made 3 meals and would alternate them so when i moved out of my family home i started getting new foods that i had not had before and i would eat them till i was stuffed. i have aught myself that both my wife and i like to cook if i want something i can make it again in a few days.

Put the containers of icecream or food back into the refrigerator cupboard before you start eating your snack it helps to go into a room besides the kitchen too put some distance between you and a second helping.

You do not have to inish all the food on the table it is more than ok to compost a little food. That has been hard not to eat that other half of my sons pb&j is hard.

don't deny yourself food. you can have it just measure portions food scale is awesome they are a cheap insurance policy.

Buy a measuring tape the scale can fluctuate a lot the measuring tape does not lie.

Be careful not to cut your calories too low there is no need to be tired and irratable if it takes you a few months longer to loose the weigh with a smile on your facewhile doing it your friends and family will be much more supportive.

sorry for the ranthope it helps. oh 218.6 this morning.
  • Animebride2015
    Options
    I used to be 240 a few years ago and went down to 173, now my heaviest was 210 and now iam back down to 200. i did it by loggging all the food i eat and doing crossfit/p90x like work outs for a hour-45 minutes 6x a week. so far in 3 weeks i have lost 5lb
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started at 267, and am at 240! Working my way down the scale!!
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 and am now down to 168. My goal is 150... BUT I will have to say that the number doesn't mean as much as it used to. If I can just tone up and stay at 168, I will be happy!!
    Feel free to add me. I am on here daily logging and commenting.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started at 253 by December 15, 2013 and I'm down to 237! At first I lost a lot of water weight but then the rest of the pounds were hard for a while because my body tends to produce a lot of insulin therefore I can't have foods that are high in glucose. However, it's all calories in vs. calories out, but if at any point you hit a plateau and you are doing everything right you need to find out how the macros (proteins, carbs, fats, sugar, sodium) affect your body so you can continue losing weight.

Feel free to add me!
  • keithrhoades1
    keithrhoades1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me....I'm at 273....wanting to get down to 200...just started a week ago. We can do this!
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I started at 272.5 and have lost 72 lbs. Had lost more but fell off the wagon in Nov and December. Feel free to add me. I am on here every day, log all my food, log exercise, etc...
  • emilysfatsuit
    emilysfatsuit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I saw my highest weight (259) in November '13, and became downright MAD that I'd allowed myself to do this to my body. I was tired of being tired allllll the time, felt uncomfortable in my fat girl clothes, and just could not imagine facing another year, five, twenty like that. The anger hasn't gone away; it has fueled me to endure so much suck over the past 2 and a half months. I get angry at my hunger pangs when it feels like the fat girl inside me is throwing tantrums in my belly over the reduced portion sizes. My anger has propelled me through miles and miles of "anger walking, which is like power walking with my ***** face on. ;) Anger at myself for starting to justify staying under the covers and sleeping until the last possible moment before work, instead of sticking to my plan of hopping on my elliptical at 6am for 45 minutes. I was so pissed at myself for starting that pathetic mental self-talk justify choosing 45 minutes of sleep over cardio. I swear, sometimes it feels like created an inner athletic dominatrix who is whipping and ***** slapping my lazy, low self-esteem "Fat Emily" to keep going, but it is so worth it: I've lost 39 pounds!!! Only 90 pounds to go :)
  • Jenna299
    Options
    We are already pals :)) I am there with ya!!! Started with a HW: 335 Started MFP at 299.3 and now 61 days in Im at 274... Getting there... one day, sometimes one meal at a time!!!
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started a year ago at 252, I am now 171 currently and pregnant with my third son.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OMG,
    some of you stories are soooooooooo amazing, so inspiring and motivating. Thank you for sharing. I've a long way to go.. 1 day at a time.. and soon I will be living a different life.
  • billsyts
    billsyts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I started at 279, and I am down to 218. Still working to get to goal weight.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 270 and have lost 5 pounds, about 100 more to go.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am going to send you a request. I started at 262 and am down 70 lbs to date. I have at least another 42 to go.
  • Sarahmarshwiggle
    Sarahmarshwiggle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started at around 270, down to 225 and aiming for 180 :) I'm 5'10 :)