Like Minded Lushes - November

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    It's snowing here, so no sunny afternoon cocktail. <sad face>

I am gearing up for an hour of yoga though and if I'm feeling really sassy, I might do a Shred workout or go swimming tonight.

It pisses me off because the rec center pools are basically closed from 3-8 p.m. (except for 1 lane) for the high school swim seasons and then Aqua Fit classes, so if I *do* want to swim, I have to go at 8. Ugh.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Today marks 3 weeks down, 1 week to go until my no alcohol challenge is over. I have days where I totally miss my daily glass or two of wine and days where I don't even think about it. All I know is I can't wait to have a glass of wine at Happy Hour with my family next week!

Have a great week all!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Today marks 3 weeks down, 1 week to go until my no alcohol challenge is over. I have days where I totally miss my daily glass or two of wine and days where I don't even think about it. All I know is I can't wait to have a glass of wine at Happy Hour with my family next week!

Have a great week all!
    Great work Robin. Keep it up.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday and Monday marks 2 days with no alcohol, I must prevail...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    You can do it Kim!!

Other than the mega-cheat debacle of Saturday, I've been alcohol-free since October 31st. I'm going to allow myself to drink over Thanksgiving, but not a ton. I'm meeting with my college roommate (whom I haven't seen since 1995!) over the holiday, so I'm sure we'll drink ourselves silly.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Amy, my goal is TG for no drinks...then, the limits are off...good job on abstaining...you had a good point when you spoke the ritual of drinking...it's so habitual
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    So glad to see this post!! Thought I was alone!! My goal is moderation!! This week's goal is no beer after work. Today is day 2!!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Yesterday was my first day without any wine with dinner in a long time and I had a ton of calories left over - yikes.

The thing I noticed while I was away and spending time with mostly non-drinking pals, was that even those who were older than me had better skin. I guess it's the dehydrating effect, but it made me think.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    still feeling in a funk. Had a bottle of wine last night with fried chicken dinner. boy. oh well. today is a new day.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    still feeling in a funk. Had a bottle of wine last night with fried chicken dinner. boy. oh well. today is a new day.

Sorry that you are still in a funk...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options

Sorry to see you are still down. There are lots of people who are rooting for you, so keep strong! :wink: :wink:

Pam
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello, All! Haven't posted in a while and have not done too great with my logging either, although I have logged the past 3 days and skipped the wine too. I think the upcoming holidays have us all a bit edgy?

Robin: I hope that you are feeling better and get your groove back...Take care of yourself!

Everyone else: Have a good week! I am not striving for perfection the next month or so, but trying to focus on my choices and not let them slide downhill once I make one bad one! HA!!! We shall see. Take care, All!:drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Have a great week all!

I can totally relate to what you say, I'm halfway through my alcohol free November and sometimes would love a drink but other times not worried.
    I have been having serious chocolate cravings though. When I was first dieting I went for months with no chocolate, then having it occasionally and the last few weeks it's been most days. Maybe if I cut it out completely again the cravings will go. Been feeling so tired but don't know if I'm craving the chocolate because I feel rubbish or eating sweet stuff is leading to peaks of blood sugar and making me feel rubbish.

Found out some sad news today. One of my work colleagues has suffered a burst blood vessel in the brain, she can't move or speak and can only communicate by signalling with her eyes. This happened completely without warning and there is no hope of recovery, I can't believe that I was speaking to her only days ago. Things like this remind me how much I take life for granted and stress about insignificant things.

Robin I hope you are feeling better soon and things are more positive for you finding a job. It must be so worrying for you, I think a temporary indulgence in a funk is understandable!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options

/hugs ... man though your dinner sounds GREAT.

I keep thinking to myself "self, just get that bottle of wine and stop it up and put it away after a measured glass" ... Nope, not gonna do it! I know where it will lead (and I have potstickers in the freezer!)
  • HerbieSue
    Options

Sometimes we just have to give in to the cravings..................................life goes on....................hope yours gets better!!!!!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Robin!
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    I so relate to everyone on this topic. Cutting back drinking has been really hard for me. I think I'm just in the habit of it.
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Robin, thinking of you today and hope all goes well. :smile:

Pam
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    today is day 3 no beer, no wine! leftovers calories everyday!! Have to say I'm looking forward to a Friday after work beer, though!! :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    big lushy week for me, I have drank everyday this week. Maybe not tonight or tomorrow though...