Diet Soda Cake

1192021222325»

Replies

• jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Any ideas on cake that would taste good with Diet Mtn Dew? I might bake for the first time tomorrow.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Funfetti cake mix and sprite zero.

I ice it with Coolwhip icing in vanilla :)
  • wot is the recipe please for your amazing yellow cake?
  • do you guys think its better to not use the egg whites?
  • 4 points? Is that Weight Watchers do you know what the calorie count is?
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Funfetti and Sprite zero..I could eat the whole thing its so good! :(
  • poundis
    poundis Posts: 93 Member
    bump
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    bump
  • bump
    :flowerforyou:
  • twilasue54
    twilasue54 Posts: 42 Member
    I have done the angel food cake with a big can of cherry pie filling. that is all. very good. did it with canned blueberries also, but not as good.
  • i made cupcakes with funfetti cake mix and 1 1/4 cup of cream soda (left out the egg whites) and it was awesome!
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Do you guys use anything for frosting?
    For frosting I take one 8 oz of whipped cream and an instant pudding mix- either chocolate or vanilla. It makes a real yummy topping. My favorite is Sprite with a yellow cake mix and the chocolate pudding mix.
  • ngressman
    Just by posting , you "bump" the thread to the top.
    This is done so the thread doesn't get buried and you can find it easily.

I do have a question though, does anyone have a calorie count for this?
    How do I log this? How big is a serving etc?

I would make this tonight ,,,,,but I'm out of calories,
    But tomarrow let us eat cake!
    I usually divide this recipe by 12. At that many servings it is 163 per serving. (That is using a yellow cake mix, chocolate might be 5 or more calories per serving, but I didn't have a chocolate cake mix to verify. Also that is using 2 egg whites, one or none would also lesson the calories per serving.
  • ngressman
    4 points? Is that Weight Watchers do you know what the calorie count is?

If you ever see this again Weight Watchers points are roughly 30-50 calories per point. The formula used to be almost exactly 50 calories per point, but it has been changed. The calorie count for this recipe is 163 per serving.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    I made this tonight with 1/2 box Betty Crocker cherry chip cake mix, 1 egg white and 6 oz. black cherry sparkling water. I topped it with light cool whip and chopped maraschino cherries. I cooked it in 4 ramekins (the larger sized ones, I think they hold about 10 oz.)

YUMMY! :love:
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Bump
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    I've made this plenty of times before and was just talking to my hubby about it today. You can create some pretty interesting flavor combinations with the mixes and sodas. Light whip cream on top is a bonus.
  • Bumping for next time I have a cake craving. Thanks everyone!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Bump