Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'd be scared to mix a diet drink (artificial sweetener) with the cake mix which has real sugar in it. A Dr. once advised me to never mix sugar with artificial stuff.

But I like the ginger ale/spice cake, and the cream soda/french vanilla cake combinations! I would just use a soda with another form of natural sweetener instead of aspartame.

I was going to ask a question about this. 1- is it ok to do that; and 2- how does it taste? Can you taste the artificial sweeteners in the cake from the soda? Because I hate, really cannot stand, diet soda. I'd like to try something like this but if you can taste the aspartame (or whatever it is) AT ALL I know that neither my husband nor I will be able to eat it.

Well, I don't use aspartame at ALL. I'm allergic to it, so I stay away from it. If I have to use a low-cal sweetener, I use Splenda. It's safe to mix with sugar because it's MADE from sugar. I don't know exactly if or how dangerous it is to mix artificials with real sugar, just that MY Dr. advised ME not to. You might want to ask your Dr. though before you try it.

Check your soda label, if it says Splenda or sucralose, it's completely safe.
  • anghahnmowry
    Options
    you say its 4 points, but how may calories is that?
  • wtbyerdocmd
    Options
    there is a recipe calorie counter on here somewhere I am not computer savvy so still figuring this site out. I have not tried the recipes yet but might with my kids today I will let you know:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Patrieka
    Options
    We make a yellow or white cake with diet fanta, which is orange soda, delicious!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    saving FOREVER.
  • nutritionslim
    Options
    Many people think that drinking diet soda can help in their diet. But unfortunately, diet soda and weight loss falls in different category which is actually the opposite of each other. Supposedly, diet sodas are meant to aid weight loss and dieting. But then, the result is the exact opposite.

http://www.nutritionslim.co.uk/
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Bump

Use to make this when doing Weight Watchers...totally forgot about it til now...THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Canned peaches, white cake and sprite. But, you do not mix all together. Put peached on bottom. Sprinkle on cake mix. Pour sprite on top and bake. Not mixing it causes some of the cake mix to stay on top and get crunchy like a crumble.

oh my that sounds good!!
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone said this or not since I haven't read ALL the posts, but a great low-cal frosting is light whip cream mixed with a sugar free pudding mix (just the powder mix). Now I can't remember exactly how much pudding to whip cream but I do suggest mixing the pudding slowly with a little at a time and tasting every so often. I did this for my daughters birthday party and accidentally mixed too much pudding! Though it still tasted good and was a big hit, with less pudding it would have been nice and fluffy! :)
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    I am so excited to try this! All the combo's look GREAT! What do you suggest for confetti cake mix?
  • case87
    case87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's been said yet, as I haven't read all 10 pages.

I used to make strawberry cake mix with diet orange Crush soda. Then use light Cool Whip for the frosting. Heavenly. :)
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    Thank you!
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    bump...I wanna make this for next family get together...yummy:)
  • chylom
    chylom Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Saving this - thanks!
  • oooamyooo
    oooamyooo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    BUMP