Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• brideybeth
    brideybeth Posts: 6
    Options
    These all sound great! How many calories per slice?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    depends on how big your slice is :)

divide number of calories per entire box of cake mix into how many portions. if you added eggs, add in those calories too.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Hubby and I decided to make something healither for our next bad day. :) (We eat two higher calorie dishes, rather than be bad the whole day.)
  • mskimberlee
    mskimberlee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    There are so many alternatives, wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm excited to try each and everyone. I just have one question. When you are saying diet soda does it mean a can? What size are we talking about? It may say it in the original recipie, but that was 7 pages ago. Thanks and I can't wait to try!!!! YES!!!!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I LOVE white cake, so I thought I'd try white cake mix and ginger ale. I couldn't find diet ginger ale, so I made it with regular. So instead of making it in to a cake, I made it in to cupcakes! 24 total, each topped with a half of a strawberry.

They're actually still in the oven, but I tried a lick of the batter and it tasted like a marshmallow (YUM!)

Since I made cupcakes, each one worked out to be about 94 calories and about 2 grams of fat. WAY better than regular cupcakes.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    bump...

Question: Is it a big deal if the pop is flat? or shold it be fizzy?
  • vicki9792
    vicki9792 Posts: 31
    Options
    bump can't wait to try!!!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    This is actually unbelievable....I tried it without the eggwhites and it was just as good.

1 (18 ounce) box dry cake mix (any flavor)
    10 ounces diet soda (any flavor)
    1-2 egg white (slightly beaten, optional but cake stays together better and is fluffier)

1. Mix the dry cake mix, the diet soda, and the egg white(s) until well blended.
    2. Pour into a 9 X 13 sprayed pan or prepared cupcake tins.
    3. Cook according to the directions on cake mix box.
    4. Slice into 12 pieces - 4 points per slice.

Suggested Combinations: * yellow cake mix / diet lemon-lime soda (with a dollop of Cool Whip -- tastes like a "Twinkie") * orange cake / diet Mountain Dew * cherry chip cake / diet cream soda * diet lemon-lime soda / lemon cake * angel or yellow cake / diet orange * white cake / diet peach soda * spice cake / diet lemon-lime * diet ginger ale / white cake * diet cherry soda / chocolate cake * Diet cola / devils food or chocolate mix * diet vanilla coke / chocolate cake * devils food cake / diet Vanilla coke * diet root beer / chocolate cake * diet cherry coke / chocolate cake * marble cake / diet cream soda * lemon cake / tangerine Diet Rite *.
    bump for later........these combo's sound so good!
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    Yumm-O!! Can't wait to try this!!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    This is an add-on from my ealier post.

The cupcakes turned out AMAZING! And taste like angel food cake. My roommate claims she won't eat any cake besides chocolate and I caught her sneaking a second cupcake for dessert!

I think next time I'll try chocolate and diet coke, or spice and ginger ale. And stick with the cupcake plan.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! Cant wait to try this.. I think my first one is gonna be yellow cake with diet sprite topped with strawberries and whipped yopping YUMMY!!
  • Jennifer195
    Options
    Thank you so much for the wonderful recipe, making it tonight for my daughters talent show...my fav is always the diet-vanilla-coke, when I can find it
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I made this for my mom's birthday this weekend and it was fantastic!!! I used a white cake mix, one egg, and a 12 oz diet Sunkist and if you put a dab of light cool whip on top it tastes like a dreamscicle!!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My family prefers this to the cakees made with oil, etc.!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    woah. seeing this post just made my day. :flowerforyou: i know i'm trying to cut back on diet soda but considering ONE is going into a whole cake...cmon! :love:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Just made some cupcakes with Dark Chocolate cake mix and Cherry Coke Zero. So good!
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    bump