Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• runner915
    Options
    This is great! I was looking for a dessert to make this weekend for Valentines day and I think I'm going to have to try one of these.
  • lfreshour
    lfreshour Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl website had the funfetti cake with a diet cream soda featured today...I tried it and it was YUMMY!!!
  • volks80
    Options
    phew...i feel a little dizzy LOL...don't know if it's the asp. or if i'm just paranoid :S

I think your paranoid.
    I think if you taste the batter is does taste a little off but have never had anyone complain about the cupcakes.....they all just say there are delish and super moist.

Going to possibly try the pumpkin way this weekend. Did someone say they did a chocolate cake and pumpkin??

Oh and I did a yellow cake w/ diet cherry 7 up and my husband said it is yummy! He said you can just taste enough of the cherry...did find that I had to bake them for quite a while though.
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I really dont see what is diet about this... Still not a very good thing to be eating.
    However, I did make funfetti and sierra mist zero last night, and I added 4 scoops of vanilla protein powder, so that they have about 8g of protein per cupcake. Still very delicious and now there is some valuable nutrient in there.
  • volks80
    Options
    I don't think anyone said it was nutrition just a healthier version
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    got to try this cake, sounds yummy, also got some frosting ideas not sure if I got them from MFP or were:laugh: ;

CHOCOLATE FROSTING
    1 cup Earth Balance
    1/2 to 1 cups cocoa powder
    Agave to taste
    Mix cocoa 1/4 c at a time, with earth balance, then add agave. If to liquidy put in frig, if still to liquidy add a bit more earth banance.

OR TRY Vegan Chocolate or Vanilla mousse for a topping.

VANILLA FROSTING
    1 1/4 cup Cool whip, fat free, thawed
    1 1/2 Tble jello sugar free, fat free vanilla Instant pudding mix.
    Mix and frost your cake
  • seelizrun
    seelizrun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've made something very similar to this but I used this recipe:

http://omnomicon.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-to-make-rainbow-cake.html

I hated the sugar free taste so after the first time I stopped using SF Jello & SF whip cream. This is great for a kids birthday, using the Betty Crocker food coloring GEL makes the colors POP! I was skeptical at first but this is a huge hit with my kids. (these photos were taken with my blackberry so they aren't the best)

pre-bake
    1233425388.jpg

end result!
    1233519178.jpg
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    phew...i feel a little dizzy LOL...don't know if it's the asp. or if i'm just paranoid :S

I think your paranoid.

yeah, i think your right...LOL....my hubby sure has gone to town on them...i just haven't told him yet how they were made LOL...i made 30 cupcakes that's 68 cals per cupcake :)
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I think your paranoid.

yeah, i think your right...LOL....my hubby sure has gone to town on them...i just haven't told him yet how they were made LOL...i made 30 cupcakes that's 68 cals per cupcake :)

If you don't like the fizz taste, you can try what I do: I skip the pop altogether; I replace the oil by applesauce, and I replace the eggs with egg whites. Its not a lot more calories, and its healthier.
  • sandra68
    sandra68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My sister made this cake and topped with cool whip and frozen (thawed of course) strawberries. Yummy.
  • volks80
    Options

I hated the sugar free taste so after the first time I stopped using SF Jello & SF whip cream. This is great for a kids birthday, using the Betty Crocker food coloring GEL makes the colors POP! I was skeptical at first but this is a huge hit with my kids. (these photos were taken with my blackberry so they aren't the best)

That is so cool!! So you just mixed parts of the cake batter with diffrent food colorings and then layered them?? That is neat!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    You can shave a few more calories by using the reduced sugar cake mixes.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Didn't read through all of the responses, so I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but when I make this I use jello pudding powder mixed with cool whip as the frosting... so good! :love:
  • hallswan
    Options
    Hi All - how many calories are in each cupcake - if I followed the instructions they would be 74 calories (1 egg and water) - so what should I enter for the calories

Thanks
  • seelizrun
    seelizrun Posts: 7 Member
    Options

That is so cool!! So you just mixed parts of the cake batter with diffrent food colorings and then layered them?? That is neat!

yep, i mixed the 2 boxes of cake mix with the diet sprite, then scooped about 3/4 cup into 6 bowls and made them the pretty colors of the rainbow. the first time i made it i did both cake pans ROYGBP but the 2nd time i did ROYGBP for 1 pan and the 2nd i did PBGYOR, i think it turned out much nicer that way :)
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MMLong3996
    Options
    The last time I made this cake for an office party, I used white cake mix, diet Sprite and when the cake was cooled off - just before serving - I poured a can of crushed pineapple WITH some of the juice over the top. And as the slices were served, a dollop of Cool Whip, if desired. I will most likely be making this for our Mardi Gras luncheon tomorrow!
  • kevin101
    Options
    sound great, im going to log off now to try it!!
  • jessicagannowens
    Options
    I have had these. They are very good. Another option is making them into cupcakes. They are 1 pt. each that way.
  • marjaskow
    Options
    I have the weight watcher pumpkin cake recipe too. You can use just a 15 oz. can of pumpkin with either a spice cake or to taste like brownies use a cocolate cake mix. But we were told to add 1/2 c. water too. Just bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
    You can sprinke cinnamon chips on the spice cake or choc. chips on the chocolate cake too. For WW 1/12 of the cake was 4 points, but a huge piece. We make it for family parties and no one knows it's a WW recipe.